Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
P&R Zombie Apocalypse Human Resource Inventory / Social Experiment
While having a bunch of people together that brings different skills, I think I will stay by myself with my family or a small group of people.

A large group of people tends to be a problem in many different ways and this is off the top of my head. A small group is a group of 10 or less while a large group would be 10 or above.

First, there will always be a power struggle between multiple people and that is never a good idea especially with the threat outside the group.

Second, there will be those, even if they don't mean to, who spit the large group into two or more factions.

Third, if someone happens to become infected, there is a greater chance of having multiple people becoming infected killing the group.

Fourth, the lack of food and water for large groups will be a problem especially when it's found out that the leader or leaders are eating their fills while the rest of the group suffers.

Fifth, shelter and protection is harder to come by for large groups of people. There will always be a few who will not do their jobs and threaten the safety of the collective.

Sixth, it's easier and faster to be able to move with small groups of people while large groups will take much more time and a lot of patients. Plus it's easier to stay quiet in smaller groups.

Seventh, large groups will have different objectives while a small group will pretty much all be on the same page.

I'm sure I can think of more if I wanted too.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
(09-03-2015, 03:26 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: While having a bunch of people together that brings different skills, I think I will stay by myself with my family or a small group of people.

A large group of people tends to be a problem in many different ways and this is off the top of my head. A small group is a group of 10 or less while a large group would be 10 or above.

First, there will always be a power struggle between multiple people and that is never a good idea especially with the threat outside the group.

Second, there will be those, even if they don't mean to, who spit the large group into two or more factions.

Third, if someone happens to become infected, there is a greater chance of having multiple people becoming infected killing the group.

Fourth, the lack of food and water for large groups will be a problem especially when it's found out that the leader or leaders are eating their fills while the rest of the group suffers.

Fifth, shelter and protection is harder to come by for large groups of people. There will always be a few who will not do their jobs and threaten the safety of the collective.

Sixth, it's easier and faster to be able to move with small groups of people while large groups will take much more time and a lot of patients. Plus it's easier to stay quiet in smaller groups.

Seventh, large groups will have different objectives while a small group will pretty much all be on the same page.

I'm sure I can think of more if I wanted too.

[Image: tumblr_mxx24a7wMc1qa3pfso1_400.gif]
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-02-2015, 04:46 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: BMorePat87:

2. Brad Repellent

This is why you need me.  You think Pat is Brad Repellent.  Meanwhile Pat is literally Brad's reason for living on both the Mothership as well as this board.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

I'm not really fast so all you have to do is outrun me.

I haven't drank in 25 years, but I'm sure as hell drinking if there is a zombie apocalypse so that should provide some entertainment.

Ummm...I think an English war bow would make a great weapon, and I've always wanted to shoot one.

I've read a lot of books where people use swords. I don't actually have one or know how to use it though.

So yeah, you need me.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-03-2015, 10:29 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm not really fast so all you have to do is outrun me.

I haven't drank in 25 years, but I'm sure as hell drinking if there is a zombie apocalypse so that should provide some entertainment.  

Ummm...I think an English war bow would make a great weapon, and I've always wanted to shoot one.

I've read a lot of books where people use swords.  I don't actually have one or know how to use it though.

So yeah, you need me.

Would you mind wearing a red Star Trek shirt?  If so I think they should take you.

(09-03-2015, 02:24 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I'm pretty good at de-escalating situations pretty quickly.

That's funny because I'm pretty good at escalating situations pretty quickly.

I'm a physician assistant, degrees in biology and PA studies.  I treat almost anything which walks through the door age 2 and up.  ACLS certified.  Perform lots of procedures like suturing and fracture management.  Ortho and infectious disease are probably my two strongest topics.  Strong background in trauma management thanks to my background as an Army Battalion PA.  I could fill in as a vet if needed (with some reference material for species specifics.)  I'd want to raid a pharmacy and a Tractor Supply store/vet clinic to hoard medications shortly after the start of the zombie apocalypse as part of the priorities of work (security, weapons/ammo procurement, food/water supply, maybe the medication procurement at this point although with a large enough group you could plan and conduct missions simultaneously.)

Former infantryman and Army Ranger, no problem planning and conducting raids to procure said pharmaceuticals; expert in small arms, demolitions, and small unit tactics.  Additional skills as a jumpmaster, pathfinder, air assault; if you have a plane or a helicopter I can throw you out of it, set up a DZ/PZ, or sling something underneath it.  Survival and mountaineering training.

Previous jobs include research scuba diver and boat captain, research lab assistant, stable groom, construction and farming, experience operating heavy machinery (cranes, dozers, backhoes, etc). If you're familiar with Right Path Resources profiles I'm a strategic thinker, MENSA member, and I can teach you how to fish and/or hunt, fitness enthusiast.

Now which one of you owns a decommissioned nuclear missile silo?  I learned there are quite a few for sale around Cincy.
(09-03-2015, 10:29 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm not really fast so all you have to do is outrun me.

I've read a lot of books where people use swords.  I don't actually have one or know how to use it though.

So yeah, you need me.

Sooo... what I'm getting is you're a slow guy who can't hold his alcohol and thinks he can use a close combat weapon he's never actually swung.

I think we can fit you in.

[Image: 09064f78d4a98dfc0b639acf3690194f.jpg]
(09-03-2015, 10:42 AM)Benton Wrote: [Image: 09064f78d4a98dfc0b639acf3690194f.jpg]

Oh look...He's wearing the red Star Trek shirt!

So yeah, you need me.

Thank goodness for this...after reading the other's qualifications I thought I'd be the first to die!
Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-03-2015, 10:52 AM)GMDino Wrote: Thank goodness for this...after reading the other's qualifications I thought I'd be the first to die!
Smirk

Nah I got you covered.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-03-2015, 10:34 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Would you mind wearing a red Star Trek shirt?  If so I think they should take you.

I don't think I've ever seen a whole episode, and even I know what the red shirt means.  What's the longest a red shirt has ever survived?  I want to try to beat the record.

What kind of zombies are we talking about? Trying to think of the under/over on how long the group lasts.
(09-03-2015, 10:39 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That's funny because I'm pretty good at escalating situations pretty quickly.

I'm a physician assistant, degrees in biology and PA studies.  I treat almost anything which walks through the door age 2 and up.  ACLS certified.  Perform lots of procedures like suturing and fracture management.  Ortho and infectious disease are probably my two strongest topics.  Strong background in trauma management thanks to my background as an Army Battalion PA.  I could fill in as a vet if needed (with some reference material for species specifics.)  I'd want to raid a pharmacy and a Tractor Supply store/vet clinic to hoard medications shortly after the start of the zombie apocalypse as part of the priorities of work (security, weapons/ammo procurement, food/water supply, maybe the medication procurement at this point although with a large enough group you could plan and conduct missions simultaneously.)

Former infantryman and Army Ranger, no problem planning and conducting raids to procure said pharmaceuticals; expert in small arms, demolitions, and small unit tactics.  Additional skills as a jumpmaster, pathfinder, air assault; if you have a plane or a helicopter I can throw you out of it, set up a DZ/PZ, or sling something underneath it.  Survival and mountaineering training.

Previous jobs include research scuba diver and boat captain, research lab assistant, stable groom, construction and farming, experience operating heavy machinery (cranes, dozers, backhoes, etc). If you're familiar with Right Path Resources profiles I'm a strategic thinker, MENSA member, and I can teach you how to fish and/or hunt, fitness enthusiast.

Now which one of you owns a decommissioned nuclear missile silo?  I learned there are quite a few for sale around Cincy.

I bet I can drink more than you. :nunchuck:
I'm fat and out of shape so it'll take the zombies awhile to get through my body. Plus, I do have a high threshold for pain so I can take quite a few of them with me until I succumb to their point of view and convert to their way of life.
(09-03-2015, 12:54 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm fat and out of shape so it'll take the zombies awhile to get through my body. Plus, I do have a high threshold for pain so I can take quite a few of them with me until I succumb to their point of view and convert to their way of life.

Are we still talking about zombies?  Confused
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-03-2015, 12:54 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm fat and out of shape so it'll take the zombies awhile to get through my body. Plus, I do have a high threshold for pain so I can take quite a few of them with me until I succumb to their point of view and convert to their way of life.

Meat-shield !
You get to man the front gates.
When we hear you screaming, we know what's up.
ThumbsUp
(09-03-2015, 12:48 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I bet I can drink more than you. :nunchuck:

You probably could.  The nunchucks and drinking remind me of a story. Not too long after my wife and I first started dating she told me she never really saw me get all liquored up and wanted to know what type of drunk I am. So I thought, "okay."

At one point later that night I'm on the top of my buddy's truck using my socks as nunchucks. I don't remember why. Guess it seemed like a good idea at the time. But, when women tell you they want to see you really drunk, don't believe 'em. It's a trap.
(09-03-2015, 01:23 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You probably could.  The nunchucks and drinking remind me of a story. Not too long after my wife and I first started dating she told me she never really saw me get all liquored up and wanted to know what type of drunk I am. So I thought, "okay."

At one point later that night I'm on the top of my buddy's truck using my socks as nunchucks. I don't remember why. Guess it seemed like a good idea at the time. But, when women tell you they want to see you really drunk, don't believe 'em. It's a trap.

I tell new girls I'm "dating" all the time,  "don't get offended but please know that there will be times that I will choose the bar instead of you."  I try to keep it classy.

But seriously, I could get us where ever we need to go in a boat.   Actually I'm pretty good with land navigation also.
(09-03-2015, 01:34 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I tell new girls I'm "dating" all the time,  "don't get offended but please know that there will be times that I will choose the bar instead of you." 

Just spit ballin' here, but that might be why you're still dating?

Quote:I try to keep it classy.
LMAO
(09-03-2015, 01:39 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Just spit ballin' here, but that might be why you're still dating?

LMAO

I've been divorced about ten years now.  But before that I was domesticated for about 12yrs, so I got that outa my system. I prefer "dating" now. Excited