Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
P01135809 Echoes Hitler: Migrants "Poisoning the Blood of Our Country"
Oh.

https://www.meidastouch.com/news/trump-echoes-hitler-migrants-poisoning-the-blood-of-our-country

Quote:During an interview at Mar-a-Lago for National Pulse, Trump made comments about migrants entering the United States that echoed Hitler's Nazi propaganda against immigrants, Jewish people, and interracial families used to affirm his nationalistic, racial purity beliefs:

Quote:"Nobody has any idea where these people are coming from, and we know they come from prisons. We know they come from mental institutions and insane asylums. We know they're terrorists. Nobody has ever seen anything like we're witnessing right now. It is a very sad thing for our country. It's poisoning the blood of our country. It's so bad, and people coming in with disease. People are coming in with every possible thing that you could have."

Trump: "Nobody has any idea where these people are coming from... It's poisoning the blood of our country."
[img=962x1035]https://www.meidastouch.com/.image/t_share/MjAxMTIyODA0MTIzMzEzOTQ2/trump---kanye-west.jpg[/img]

Trump recently posted a video containing a clip of himself with Hitler-praising Kanye West

Truth Social

"Poisoning the blood of our country" is a phrase you don't hear often from Republicans who have all but officially adopted great replacement rhetoric. Referring to migrants as poisoning the blood of a nation can be found in Hitler's autobiographical manifesto Mein Kampf.

In Chapter 11 titled, "Nations and Race," Hitler wrote the following:
Quote:"All great cultures of the past perished only because the originally creative race died out from blood poisoning."

Hitler painted Jews and migrants to Germany as poisons to the Aryan race and the German country. Trump just echoed his words.

This isn't the first time Trump has associated with Hitler. In 2018, Trump allegedly praised Hitler to John Kelly during a Trip to Paris according to CNN. Trump later denied making those comments.

Where did Trump pickup language referring to migrants as poison to the blood of the nation? Trump admitted to owning a copy of Hitler's Mein Kampf that he kept in a cabinet by his bed according to Ivana Trump.
[Image: trump-asks-how-pelosis-husband-is-doing.jpg]

Trump addressing the CA GOP

Newsmax

The GOP frontrunner is using the language of Hitler to describe migrants and his followers are eating it up, just like the Nazis did when he took over the country. Trump cannot be allowed back in power. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
ITT: Leftist equated ideological opponents to Nazis and everyone is shocked, shocked I tell you!

Godwin's law in one move, very impressive.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 08:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: ITT: Leftist equated ideological opponents to Nazis and everyone is shocked, shocked I tell you!

So he didn't say that exact thing?

Sure looked like him saying it.  Weird.

But I guess if he doesn't want to be compared to Hitler and the Nazis he should stop using their talking points?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 08:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: ITT: Leftist equated ideological opponents to Nazis and everyone is shocked, shocked I tell you!

While I am usually against Nazi comparisons, there is a point where imho one could legitimately comment on language that is just eerily similar to Nazi language. Eg. when I hear a phrase like foreigners are poisoning the blood of the nation, I immediately think Nazi and it has nothing to do with my ideology.

And how often Trump, at least rhetorically, is getting pretty close to at least the American Nazi variants is hard to just ignore, or to not comment on for fear of an inappropriate comparison. Many such Naziesque groups acknowledge as much themselves. It does not make Trump a Nazi, that would be the inappropriate comparison. But it might make him someone that is dangerously ignorant of the flames he's feeding.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 08:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: So he didn't say that exact thing?

But I guess if he doesn't want to be compared to Hitler and the Nazis he should stop using their talking points?

It's rather simple to tie any nationalist movement to Nazism.  Interestingly enough a far better comparison to Nazism can be made to the La Raza (literally The People) movement, which emphasizes strong identification to ethnocentric ties within the Latin-American community.  Of course, no leftists would ever dare make a comparison of any other ethnic propagation ideology to Nazism if the ethnicity in question wasn't Caucasian.  

Quite simply, this is a typically lazy attempt to tar anyone who dares still support Trump as a Nazi.  Of course, far leftists eat this kind of crap up, because it lets them imagine themselves as the "good guys" fighting against the remnants of the most evil political movement in modern history.  It's why people like Dill applaud the use of these analogies, it's a simple blunt instrument used to silence and stifle any dissent or discussion.  

Like I said, Godwin's law in OP.  A record that can be tied, but never broken.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 08:38 PM)hollodero Wrote: While I am usually against Nazi comparisons, there is a point where imho one could legitimately comment on language that is just eerily similar to Nazi language. Eg. when I hear a phrase like foreigners are poisoning the blood of the nation, I immediately think Nazi and it has nothing to do with my ideology.

And how often Trump, at least rhetorically, is getting pretty close to at least the American Nazi variants is hard to just ignore, or to not comment on for fear of an inappropriate comparison. Many such Naziesque groups acknowledge as much themselves. It does not make Trump a Nazi, that would be the inappropriate comparison. But it might make him someone that is dangerously ignorant of the flames he's feeding.

Coming from you I take the point far more seriously.  The problem is the Nazi analogy is so overused as to make it a worthless accusation.  How many times have I heard the accusation hurled in the last three years?  I've literally heard it used against black and Hispanic officers.  Of course there is a comparison to any nationalist movement and Nazism.  Opposition to immigration can also always be tied to Nazism.  But being a nationalist opposed to immigration does not make one a Nazi.  Nazism is inextricably linked, for obvious reasons, to wars of aggression, a police state, forced deportation, concentration camps and genocide.  If there is any government on this planet right now that would earn the comparison it would be China, but we never hear that comparison.

Bottom line, the comparison is far too charged to made in the way it is here.  Unless you're comfortable with me comparing the left to worst excesses of communism, as they share a lot of the same ideology.
Reply/Quote
When you run out of things to condemn Trump? Cheesus. What a ridiculous post.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 08:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: When you run out of things to condemn Trump? Cheesus. What a ridiculous post.

Imagine if it was PO10095727627742233552’s German Shepard who had to get shipped out of the White House for biting everyone.

You know who else had German Shepards????
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 08:58 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Imagine if it was PO10095727627742233552’s German Shepard who had to get shipped out of the White House for biting everyone.

Everyone who loves dogs is literally Hitler!
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 08:46 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Coming from you I take the point far more seriously.  The problem is the Nazi analogy is so overused as to make it a worthless accusation.  How many times have I heard the accusation hurled in the last three years?  I've literally heard it used against black and Hispanic officers.

It was a widely overused accusation. But that weird people use it to bully cops etc. does not mean that the accusation now lost all its meaning in any case. There are still cases of actual Nazi language around, after all.

(10-05-2023, 08:46 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Interestingly enough a far better comparison to Nazism can be made to the La Raza (literally The People) movement, which emphasizes strong identification to ethnocentric ties within the Latin-American community. Of course, no leftists would ever dare make a comparison of any other ethnic propagation ideology to Nazism if the ethnicity in question wasn't Caucasian.

Probably not. But that also has little to do with the case at hand.

(10-05-2023, 08:46 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Of course there is a comparison to any nationalist movement and Nazism.  Opposition to immigration can also always be tied to Nazism.  But being a nationalist opposed to immigration does not make one a Nazi.

Yes, but this is not about Trump or anyone being opposed to immigration. It's about him using Nazi phrases while doing so. Quite literal Nazi phrases. Btw. it might be another coincidence (it would still be horrible language, imho), or he gets ideas from the wrong kind of people.

(10-05-2023, 08:46 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Nazism is inextricably linked, for obvious reasons, to wars of aggression, a police state, forced deportation, concentration camps and genocide.  If there is any government on this planet right now that would earn the comparison it would be China, but we never hear that comparison.

Sure. A Nazi regime in the strictest sense will never materialize as such again, so every comparison will fail at some point; but certain elements can. Tropes like the language used. Pointing to rhetorical duplicates does not necessarily mean the ones using the Nazi language are themselves to be seen as actual Nazis now. But these tropes can still be seen as typical for rising anti-democratic, populist authoritarian forces, or fascists if you will. Many of whom used and use certain pages from the Nazi playbook, especially language-wise.

I don't know if it makes any sense to make Nazi-China comparisons, that's a completely different culture with a completely different history and I can not quite comment on their rhetoric. But they certainly fall under the authoritarian category and that is debated plenty. Sweet Baerbock called Xi a dictator recently and imho that shoe fits well enough.

(10-05-2023, 08:46 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Bottom line, the comparison is far too charged to made in the way it is here.  Unless you're comfortable with me comparing the left to worst excesses of communism, as they share a lot of the same ideology.

I mean, by all means, do it. There's a chance that afterwards I will still not see the left as close to the worst excesses of communism as I see Trump to fascism, but I'm comfortable with any decent counterpoint. If AOC used a common phrase from Stalin, for example, you'd have a splendid comparison.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 08:58 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Imagine if it was PO10095727627742233552’s German Shepard who had to get shipped out of the White House for biting everyone.

In all fairness, Trump having attack dogs in the white house would earn him some fake badass alpha cred with his fanbase.  Trump also makes it easy to throw the racist allegations at given how he warns of the dangers of some foreigners while fathering half-immigrant children with non-American women who are of a differing persuasion.

But in the end he's just telling people what they want to hear.  He's acting more Hitler-ey than I'm comfortable with, but if that's what Americans want, it's what we'll get.  I guess the alternative is to let migrants poison the blood of our country.  Our country seems pretty poisoned to me already for this to be just another statement personally, but I could be overly sensitive to this stuff.  

The short of it is that Trump isn't saying anything I haven't heard before, it's just still strange hearing it come from such a mainstream place as the republican party.  Well, I mean it isn't strange any more but it's strange to think in my lifetime how the view of Mexico and/or illegals has swung from them being cheap labor here to lower the costs of labor to this.
Reply/Quote
Hollo, I'm going to give your post a full and complete response in a bit. But this news item popped up today and it's literally tailor made for this thread.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/4241678-hillary-clinton-maga-cult-members-need-deprogramming/

Hillary Clinton calls for a "formal deprogramming" of "maga cult members". Where would this "deprogramming take place? Maybe we can concentrate the "maga cult members" in camps? Calls for deprogramming of political opponents is the hallmark of communist regimes. From Stalin to Mao to Pol Pot, and it is always accompanied by mass murder. You wanted an example of a Dem, in this case as high profile a Dem as it gets, echoing Stalinist sentiments? I literally couldn't have conjured up a better example.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 11:40 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Hollo, I'm going to give your post a full and complete response in a bit.  But this news item popped up today and it's literally tailor made for this thread.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/4241678-hillary-clinton-maga-cult-members-need-deprogramming/

Hillary Clinton calls for a "formal deprogramming" of "maga cult members".  Where would this "deprogramming take place?  Maybe we can concentrate the "maga cult members" in camps?  Calls for deprogramming of political opponents is the hallmark of communist regimes.  From Stalin to Mao to Pol Pot, and it is always accompanied by mass murder.  You wanted an example of a Dem, in this case as high profile a Dem as it gets, echoing Stalinist sentiments?  I literally couldn't have conjured up a better example.

That's some pretty ridiculous shit, and if she were leading the democratic primaries by like 60 points I'd be even more disillusioned with our two party crap fest than I already am.  Hilly sucked, Hillary lost, and one low bar I'll say the democrats passed is that they aren't insisting she needs to be president while she says shit like this.

Then again, Biden has another year or so to say the same thing.  It'd be fitting if the 2024 election were "I'll put them in camps" versus "I'll keep our blood pure."  

Maybe you were posting that for someone else, but I assure you that seeing democrats say stuff like this doesn't soften my stance on the GOP laying down and/or applauding while Trump does it.  If anything this just further bolsters my self-fellating for voting for Gary Johnson in 2016.  Is that a pun?  Didn't mean it to be if it is.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 08:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: So he didn't say that exact thing?

closer to the nazis is the lefts censoring of information and arresting of political oppenents
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 12:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: closer to the nazis is the lefts censoring of information and arresting of political oppenents

Hilarious . . . oh . . . you were serious . . .  Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 12:48 PM)pally Wrote: What a load of racially stereotyped bullcrap

the only difference between today's and yesterday's immigrants is the color of their skin  

and there was a time when those same Europeans were the immigrants that people like you didn't want to let it

As the spawn of non-english speaking stinky broke Italians who were totally coming here to rape white women, force Catholic doctrine down everyone's throats, and not assimilate, I can attest to this.

Within the first generation of American born anchor babies from both sides of my family were multiple sons who fought and in one case died for the US in WWII...but let's be honest why didn't their parents just stay in Italy and fix that fascist hell hole rather than coming here and having half-breed children-turned-soldiers with more useful Europeans than themselves?

Shoulda stayed home and fought against the USA in WWII you damn worthless immigrants.  Thanks for nothing for coming here and getting Peal Harbored like my great uncle Martin when he shoulda been fighting for Mussolini.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 12:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: As the spawn of non-english speaking stinky broke Italians who were totally coming here to rape white women, force Catholic doctrine down everyone's throats, and not assimilate, I can attest to this.

Within the first generation of American born anchor babies from both sides of my family were multiple sons who fought and in one case died for the US in WWII...but let's be honest why didn't their parents just stay in Italy and fix that fascist hell hole rather than coming here and having half-breed children-turned-soldiers with more useful Europeans than themselves?

Shoulda stayed home and fought against the USA in WWII you damn worthless immigrants.  Thanks for nothing for coming here and getting Peal Harbored like my great uncle Martin when he shoulda been fighting for Mussolini.

[Image: sopranos-italiano.gif]

Hurtful and destructive.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 12:59 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: [Image: sopranos-italiano.gif]

Hurtful and destructive.

I only point out what a sleazy Italian I am because I get nervous when people in this red area of PA assume I'm an Arab or "at least some kind of Jewish maybe?"
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 11:57 AM)Nately120 Wrote: That's some pretty ridiculous shit, and if she were leading the democratic primaries by like 60 points I'd be even more disillusioned with our two party crap fest than I already am.  Hilly sucked, Hillary lost, and one low bar I'll say the democrats passed is that they aren't insisting she needs to be president while she says shit like this.

Then again, Biden has another year or so to say the same thing.  It'd be fitting if the 2024 election were "I'll put them in camps" versus "I'll keep our blood pure."  

Maybe you were posting that for someone else, but I assure you that seeing democrats say stuff like this doesn't soften my stance on the GOP laying down and/or applauding while Trump does it.  If anything this just further bolsters my self-fellating for voting for Gary Johnson in 2016.  Is that a pun?  Didn't mean it to be if it is.

Well, it was clearly directed at Hollo, as he asked for a statement from a Dem that echoed Stalinist ideals in the same way Trump's statements echoed Nazi ideals.  This is not, of course, to say you aren't free to respond to it, but you asked for the context in which my post was made.  So, we both agree that Hillary's statement was egregiously stupid, in the same way as Trump's.  Even so, would I compare Hillary to Stalin or Pol Pot?  Is it fair to lump Hillary, as odious as she is, in with dictators responsible for mass murder and other horrifying acts?  No, it is not.  Her words may echo theirs in ways, much as Trump's words echo others, but such an extreme comparison is not warranted and is only made to paint the person, and by extension their supporters, as being in lock step with some of the most horrifying regimes the planet has ever seen.

I have consistently stated I loathe Nazi comparisons as they are far too extreme.  They carry far too much baggage, especially for how casually, and comfortably, some people make these comparisons.  Did Trump say something that could have come out of the mouth of a national socialist?  Yes.  Did Hillary say something that could have come out of the mouth of a Stalinist?  Yes.  Is comparing either of them to those extreme ideologies, especially given the horrors those ideologies enacted on others, a fair or even wise thing to do?  I say absolutely not, and anyone willing to traffic in them really needs to examine why they are so comfortable equating those with whom they disagree to the worst people humanity has to ever had to offer.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 12:48 PM)pally Wrote: What a load of racially stereotyped bullcrap

the only difference between today's and yesterday's immigrants is the color of their skin  

and there was a time when those same Europeans were the immigrants that people like you didn't want to let it

If I were a more cynical man I'd think the types of low hanging fruit posts that you just responded to are made simply so others can make this type of response.

Good thing I'm not that cynical.
Reply/Quote