Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
P01135809 goes after "Liberal Jews" on Jewish New Year
Very stable genius.

[Image: F6RVyUsWsAA4-W3?format=jpg&name=large]

Here's the link from Truth Social:  https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/111083021216078581

He shared it 12 hours ago...and the meme is from 2020.

[Image: Screenshot-2023-09-18-081210.jpg]

Combined with thinking Biden is leading us into WW II (two) I think P01135809 might need to take the cognitive test himself.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
nothing like a little anti-semitism to start the Jewish new year off right.

at the same time Elon Musk is tweeting about George Soros (a Jewish man) is trying to destroy "western civilizationz4

and people wonder why Trump is called a bigot

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
George Soros is the actual SPECTRE.

Dude has 100 times less money than Musk and he rules him and everyone on daily basis.

Hats off to him.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
CONSERVATIVES - When a liberal calls you a Nazi, it just means he's losing the argument. By the way, aren't Jews and gays ruining everything? We need a government to crack down on them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
At least George Soros pays people, he doesn't ask his minions to give him some money.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 09:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: CONSERVATIVES - When a liberal calls you a Nazi, it just means he's losing the argument.  By the way, aren't Jews and gays ruining everything?  We need a government to crack down on them.

I don’t think he meant it as an anti-Semitic comment. His rhetoric, as usual, was terrible. But too many people have an automatic knee-jerk reaction to the word “Jews,” and think Trump is a total moron. He’s a New Yorker who’s been in the limelight for decades. You typically don’t get anywhere in NYC or Hollywood being an anti-semite. He may hurt feelings, but he’s not an idiot. It’s like that Dave Chappelle joke, there’s 2 words you don’t say together in Hollywood. “The” and “Jews.” 

Jews are, by and large, voting Democrat. Put aside your feelings about Trump and his mean tweets for 5 seconds. Here’s what he did for Israel:

1) Moved the Jewish embassy to Israel in 2018
2) Recognized Israeli sovereignty over the Golan Heights
3) Withdrew the US from the Iran nuclear deal
4) Increased military aid to Israel in 2018
5) Brokered peace deals between Israel and Morocco, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, and Sudan

Biden, on the other hand:

1) Called for a 2 state Israeli / Palestinian “solution”, which would require Israel to give up parts of their “homeland” and possibly create a Palestinian state that may be hostile to Israel
2) Criticized Israel’s settlement in the West Bank, which is likely necessary for Israel’s security.
3) Supported the Iran nuclear deal. Great idea, Joe!

Trump’s point? He supports the homeland. Biden’s policy on Israel is dogsh*t and it seems that the Jewish people who voted against him can’t see past the mean tweets to acknowledge that. No one else is going to point any of this out because of the mean tweets. I remember being told by multiple Jewish friends that they thought Biden wasn’t narcissistic and he was “empathetic” which is why they voted for him. Anecdote, yes, but there are way too many people who errantly think that way. You can get away with a lot if you convince people you’re a nice guy, while doing really stupid and bad things behind the scenes.

Edit: yes, leftists who call reasonable people “Nazi” are complete idiots.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 09:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: CONSERVATIVES - When a liberal calls you a Nazi, it just means he's losing the argument.  By the way, aren't Jews and gays ruining everything?  We need a government to crack down on them.

(09-20-2023, 11:45 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: I don’t think he meant it as an anti-Semitic comment. His rhetoric, as usual, was terrible. But too many people have an automatic knee-jerk reaction to the word “Jews,” and think Trump is a total moron. He’s a New Yorker who’s been in the limelight for decades. You typically don’t get anywhere in NYC or Hollywood being an anti-semite. He may hurt feelings, but he’s not an idiot. It’s like that Dave Chappelle joke, there’s 2 words you don’t say together in Hollywood. “The” and “Jews.” 

Jews are, by and large, voting Democrat. Put aside your feelings about Trump and his mean tweets for 5 seconds. Here’s what he did for Israel:

5) Brokered peace deals between Israel and Morocco, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, and Sudan

Biden, on the other hand:

1) Called for a 2 state Israeli / Palestinian “solution”, which would require Israel to give up parts of their “homeland” and possibly create a Palestinian state that may be hostile to Israel
2) Criticized Israel’s settlement in the West Bank, which is likely necessary for Israel’s security.
3) Supported the Iran nuclear deal. Great idea, Joe!

Trump’s point? He supports the homeland. Biden’s policy on Israel is dogsh*t and it seems that the Jewish people who voted against him can’t see past the mean tweets to acknowledge that. No one else is going to point any of this out because of the mean tweets. I remember being told by multiple Jewish friends that they thought Biden wasn’t narcissistic and he was “empathetic” which is why they voted for him. Anecdote, yes, but there are way too many people who errantly think that way. You can get away with a lot if you convince people you’re a nice guy, while doing really stupid and bad things behind the scenes.

Edit: yes, leftists who call reasonable people “Nazi” are complete idiots.

To the bolded: Oh. Mellow

I mean, putting aside the fact that the Iran Nuclear Deal was better for Israel then Po1135809 letting Iran do whatever they want and that he also said he would support a two state solution, not every Jewish person wanted the Embassy moved just so we could stick start the end times.  

He was bending over for the evangelical vote...not the Jewish vote.  Po1135809 just isn't smart enough to know that.  He sees "Jewish" and "Israel" and then thinks he's supporting "The Jews".  This is what happens when you elect someone who doesn't read or go any deeper than the very top surface of anything.  He wants to appear smart without actually doing the work so he comes off as dumber than if he just didn't say anything.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 09:19 AM)GMDino Wrote: To the bolded:  Oh.  Mellow

I mean, putting aside the fact that the Iran Nuclear Deal was better for Israel then Po1135809 letting Iran do whatever they want and that he also said he would support a two state solutionnot every Jewish person wanted the Embassy moved just so we could stick start the end times.  

He was bending over for the evangelical vote...not the Jewish vote.  Po1135809 just isn't smart enough to know that.  He sees "Jewish" and "Israel" and then thinks he's supporting "The Jews".  This is what happens when you elect someone who doesn't read or go any deeper than the very top surface of anything.  He wants to appear smart without actually doing the work so he comes off as dumber than if he just didn't say anything.

He’s supporting their homeland. I think you underestimate how much the Jewish people care about Israel. Maybe you don’t know many Jewish people. The prime minister called it a “historic day” and for the most part, the Israeli government was very pleased with the move, and it was widely celebrated in the country. I think the fact that Trump did it makes you not like it, and you will stop at nothing to find a way to discredit, it’s honestly fascinating. Why are you discounting the Iran nuclear deal? Because Trump did it. Had he not, you’d be calling him a Nazi. It’s very reasonable to think that Jewish people should be appreciative of how he treated Israel. They care about their homeland. In the words of Biden, if they don’t, “then they ain’t Jewish” amirite? 

What would Trump have done for Jewish people that would have satisfied you? If he helps Israel, it’s “that doesn’t mean he’s helping Jews.” OK, what does? What has Biden done to help the Jews? He pays them lip service, elects a Jewish person as “Special Envoy to combat anti-semitism” (what a ground breaking idea, also what the hell even is that?). He held a summit combatting anti-semitism, and an executive order to decrease anti-semitism on campus. Increased funding for the Holocaust Remembrance Fund, in case we all forgot about the holocaust. It’s typical Dem crap. The best way to help someone to the Democrats is to get on camera and say you want to help them, do nothing, and leave it at that. Mindless, subjective fluff. Pandering without any actual action. 
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 10:27 AM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: He’s supporting their homeland. I think you underestimate how much the Jewish people care about Israel. Maybe you don’t know many Jewish people. The prime minister called it a “historic day” and for the most part, the Israeli government was very pleased with the move, and it was widely celebrated in the country. I think the fact that Trump did it makes you not like it, and you will stop at nothing to find a way to discredit, it’s honestly fascinating. Why are you discounting the Iran nuclear deal? Because Trump did it. Had he not, you’d be calling him a Nazi. It’s very reasonable to think that Jewish people should be appreciative of how he treated Israel. They care about their homeland. In the words of Biden, if they don’t, “then they ain’t Jewish” amirite? 

What would Trump have done for Jewish people that would have satisfied you? If he helps Israel, it’s “that doesn’t mean he’s helping Jews.” OK, what does? What has Biden done to help the Jews? He pays them lip service, elects a Jewish person as “Special Envoy to combat anti-semitism” (what a ground breaking idea, also what the hell even is that?). He held a summit combatting anti-semitism, and an executive order to decrease anti-semitism on campus. Increased funding for the Holocaust Remembrance Fund, in case we all forgot about the holocaust. It’s typical Dem crap. The best way to help someone to the Democrats is to get on camera and say you want to help them, do nothing, and leave it at that. Mindless, subjective fluff. Pandering without any actual action. 

Your hyperbole aside he doesn't need to "satisfy" me.  I'm commenting on the wheres and the whys of what he did.  And now he thinks "the Jews" should all vote for him because of it.  I think that as a voting bloc they have a lot of issues they care about...not just Israel.  And the voting show that to be true.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 10:43 AM)GMDino Wrote: Your hyperbole aside he doesn't need to "satisfy" me.  I'm commenting on the wheres and the whys of what he did.  And now he thinks "the Jews" should all vote for him because of it.  I think that as a voting bloc they have a lot of issues they care about...not just Israel.  And the voting show that to be true.

Therein lies the problem. The Dems seem to not care about actual action, they just want to know your thoughts and motivation. I wish I were just generalizing, but I keep seeing evidence of this. The Biden administration is very keen on this mentality from their voters, to their credit. Which is why they spend money on weird positions like “Special Envoy to monitor anti-Semitism” without actually doing anything. 

His bedside manner is bad. We all know that. I wish you cared less about that and more about action. 

The voting - yes there are a lot of things they care about. One of them is Israel, whom Biden has done nothing for, and Trump did a lot for, but as I said, seems like you’re more concerned with his motivations behind it and the fact that he used the phrase “the Jews.” It makes no sense. Outside of Israel, which THEY DO CARE ABOUT, Jewish voters likely care about the same things logical people care about. Education, economy, healthcare, public safety, anti-semitism. So let’s visit that:

Education: I have mixed feelings. Trump wanted less federal funding for public schools (it remained the same) and more for private (it increased). Biden increased fed funding for public and decreased for private. Maybe he wouldn’t have had to decrease for private as much had he not been funding a proxy war with Russia. 

Healthcare: Biden is all in on ACA which has been a total flop. Trump favored more diversity of options when it came to healthcare. My healthcare is 4x as high as it was pre ACA and I’m never in the Doctor’s office, it’s always been just a catastrophic plan in case of a disaster. 

Economy: Trump’s spending? Nope. Didn’t like that, way too much added to the deficit. Economy was stronger, though. Biden’s current tax plan was predicted to decrease the debt by a few trillion in his first term, I forget the actual number but it turned out to be BS, and here’s the Senate hearing where Janet Yellen concedes that by 2033 on Biden’s tax plan, the deficit will be over 50 trillion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy5A55YAZ7E — side note, if you want get a good laugh at how incompetent Biden-appointed Treasury Sec. Yellen is, start at 5 minutes and see what she has to say about SVB.

Public safety: this can be summed up as Biden/Democrats = morons on public safety. Ask SF how “defund the police” is going.

Border: Other than the fact that the border needs to be more secure, and it’s basically open right now with more than double the crossings as the previous administration. How this may affect Jews? 57% of Mexican citizens have anti-semitic attitudes and believe Jews have “too much power in finance.” https://www.adl.org/resources/press-release/adl-poll-finds-sharp-rise-anti-semitic-attitudes-mexico . This is a minute issue in the grant scheme of things as far as border security goes.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 10:27 AM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: He’s supporting their homeland. I think you underestimate how much the Jewish people care about Israel. Maybe you don’t know many Jewish people. The prime minister called it a “historic day” and for the most part, the Israeli government was very pleased with the move, and it was widely celebrated in the country. I think the fact that Trump did it makes you not like it, and you will stop at nothing to find a way to discredit, it’s honestly fascinating. Why are you discounting the Iran nuclear deal? Because Trump did it. Had he not, you’d be calling him a Nazi. It’s very reasonable to think that Jewish people should be appreciative of how he treated Israel. They care about their homeland. In the words of Biden, if they don’t, “then they ain’t Jewish” amirite? 

The vast majority of Jews in America were born here.  THIS IS THEIR HOMELAND!!!  That is part of the problem with Trump.  He believes that the entire Jewish community votes in lockstep...which they don't.  He also believes they put Israel first...which they don't.  It is a very old Jewish stereotype that they don't care about their country and that their sole loyalty is to themselves.  Jews in Germany weren't "loyal Germans" and they destabilized the country. Hitler played on the casual antisemitism just as Trump consistently does. 

Don't fool yourself, if he thought it was politically expedient to denounce Isreal...he would do it in a heartbeat

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 01:39 PM)pally Wrote: The vast majority of Jews in America were born here.  THIS IS THEIR HOMELAND!!!  That is part of the problem with Trump.  He believes that the entire Jewish community votes in lockstep...which they don't.  He also believes they put Israel first...which they don't.  It is a very old Jewish stereotype that they don't care about their country and that their sole loyalty is to themselves.  Jews in Germany weren't "loyal Germans" and they destabilized the country. Hitler played on the casual antisemitism just as Trump consistently does. 

Don't fool yourself, if he thought it was politically expedient to denounce Isreal...he would do it in a heartbeat

That last line. Like I said, you’re assuming you’re in his head, and you care more about what you predict he may be thinking, than what he actually said. It’s a politician thing. Obama and Hillary publicly denounced gay marriage only a few years before it became legal. Does Trump care about Israel? I don’t know. I also don’t care, and you shouldn’t either. We should care about what he did, and he was good to Israel. Biden was lukewarm. Biden pandered to folks like you who care more about rhetoric and less about action, which is why he hired someone for a pointless role (envoy to monitor anti-semitism, again… what the hell is that?). Politicians want to stay in power, they traditionally do so by doing better for the country than the other guy. 

The “voting in lockstep” issue: 70% of Jewish Americans vote Democrat. 77% voted for Biden. It’s not quite as “lockstep” as the AA vote, but it’s pretty one sided. And don’t bash Trump for thinking a certain group of people vote in lockstep when that’s literally what the Democrats run on (“they ain’t black”). 

And I never said Jewish people put Israel first. He never said that either. I said it’s one issue. Again, you underrate how much Jews care about Israel. Millions of Jewish Americans have gone on Taglit Birthright since the program started. Trump was good to Israel, Biden was lukewarm, like I said earlier. But he used tax payer funds to appoint an envoy to monitor anti-Semitism… the most pointless job ever. Trump isn’t wrong in that he expected his loyalty to Israel to count for something, but his mean tweets were enough to get more Jewish people to vote Democrat than ever in history. I did also said the economy, education and healthcare is what they care about most, and I outlined why I thought Trump’s policies were far superior, with the exception of MAYBE education. They bought into the “very good people on both sides” and “he didn’t denounce Nazis (he did)” propaganda and didn’t vote for him. 

And on the education front, we’ll have to see if they keep bailing out student loans every 10 years, student loans that Biden made more easily accessible. What will probably end up happening is we will just keep running into the same problem over and over again. The Democrats know the Republicans don’t want to bail out student loans every decade, so the Dems will be the “good guys” and fix a problem that they intentionally caused, rinse and repeat. It’s pretty brilliant, actually. If Republicans could do more slimy things like that, they may not ever lose another election. 
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 11:45 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Jews are, by and large, voting Democrat. Put aside your feelings about Trump and his mean tweets for 5 seconds. Here’s what he did for Israel:

... I remember being told by multiple Jewish friends that they thought Biden wasn’t narcissistic and he was “empathetic” which is why they voted for him. Anecdote, yes, but there are way too many people who errantly think that way. You can get away with a lot if you convince people you’re a nice guy, while doing really stupid and bad things behind the scenes.

What is strange about the current political climate is that at least one politician can convince people he's a nice guy while doing really stupid and bad things right out in the open. He may get away with an insurrection. That's a lot.

Now Iran is apparently two weeks away from enough fissable material for a bomb if they want it. https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/energy/without-a-nuclear-deal-how-close-is-iran-to-a-bomb/2023/03/03/d3a5f462-b9db-11ed-b0df-8ca14de679ad_story.html

And China, filling the vacuum of US power, has brokered a deal between Iran and Saudi Arabia to re-establish relations. Why was withdrawing from the Iran deal, which had accomplished the amazing feat of bringing China, Russia Iran France Germany and the EU all to the table to curb and surveil Iranian nuclear production, a good thing? It completely shutdown the moderates there, who were surging while the deal appeared a success, and returned Iranian hardliners to power. Even the MOSSAD thought it was a good deal.

Why is recognizing Israeli sovereignty over the Golan Heights a good thing? You don't see a difference in US and Israeli national interest here? Or supporting Israeli control of Gaza and the West Bank. Palestinians have forfeited their human rights? And the US gains what in return for ignoring international law and the UN Charter?
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 08:42 AM)Dill Wrote: What is strange about the current political climate is that at least one politician can convince people he's a nice guy while doing really stupid and bad things right out in the open. He may get away with an insurrection. That's a lot.

Now Iran is apparently two weeks away from enough fissable material for a bomb if they want it. https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/energy/without-a-nuclear-deal-how-close-is-iran-to-a-bomb/2023/03/03/d3a5f462-b9db-11ed-b0df-8ca14de679ad_story.html

And China, filling the vacuum of US power, has brokered a deal between Iran and Saudi Arabia to re-establish relations. Why was withdrawing from the Iran deal, which had accomplished the amazing feat of bringing China, Russia Iran France Germany and the EU all to the table to curb and surveil Iranian nuclear production, a good thing? It completely shutdown the moderates there, who were surging while the deal appeared a success, and returned Iranian hardliners to power. Even the MOSSAD thought it was a good deal.

Why is recognizing Israeli sovereignty over the Golan Heights a good thing? You don't see a difference in US and Israeli national interest here? Or supporting Israeli control of Gaza and the West Bank. Palestinians have forfeited their human rights? And the US gains what in return for ignoring international law and the UN Charter?

I can’t take you seriously with this sentence because you don’t actually know what an insurrection is. I suggest you read my last 2 posts and do some serious soul searching on your keen ability to stretch reality and your apparent unawareness of your talent in the area. 

1) Why is withdrawing from the Iran deal a good thing for Israel?

-It was too lenient on Iran and would allow Iran to develop nuclear weapons, continue its support for terrorism and develop ballistic missiles. These are the words of Netanyahu. They were the biggest supporters of Trump’s decision to withdraw. Whether or not it was a good thing for everyone, who knows, but we’re discussing what he did for Israel. Next.

2) Why is recognizing Israeli sovereignty over the Golan Heights a good thing?

It provides a buffer zone for Israel from Syria. Next.

3) Israel controlling Gaza and the West Bank. It’s good for Israel. Screw Palestine. They’re notorious instigators. Don’t mess with our allies. 
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 08:42 AM)Dill Wrote: What is strange about the current political climate is that at least one politician can convince people he's a nice guy while doing really stupid and bad things right out in the open. He may get away with an insurrection. That's a lot.

Iran? close to a bomb? Who would've thunk it??? They were going to do what was best for them no matter what anyone else tells them or what sanctions you put on them. They were playing the face game and wanted some sanctions removed to make it easier. They've proven this for a long time already. 

Trump's problem there was he didn't go into it with a solid plan to replace it with nor did he have the full support of Congress to replace it with the plan that he did have. 

Can you actually sit there and tell me with a straight face that IRAN has always honored their deals? 

As far as GH is concerned? They've both claimed rights to that land dating back to 10 B.C. The people living there don't care who's in charge as long as there is Peace. It's the rulers on both sides that are making it a Royal PITA.

99.9% of all wars have been about resources. This one is no different. Water, Fertile Land, and so on. Nothing to do with WHO is on it.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 10:52 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Iran? close to a bomb? Who would've thunk it??? They were going to do what was best for them no matter what anyone else tells them or what sanctions you put on them. They were playing the face game and wanted some sanctions removed to make it easier. They've proven this for a long time already. 

Trump's problem there was he didn't go into it with a solid plan to replace it with nor did he have the full support of Congress to replace it with the plan that he did have. 

Can you actually sit there and tell me with a straight face that IRAN has always honored their deals? 

As far as GH is concerned? They've both claimed rights to that land dating back to 10 B.C. The people living there don't care who's in charge as long as there is Peace. It's the rulers on both sides that are making it a Royal PITA.

99.9% of all wars have been about resources. This one is no different. Water, Fertile Land, and so on. Nothing to do with WHO is on it.

Trump NEVER has a solid plan to accomplish anything and never has a backup plan in case of failure.  Remember repeal and replace?  Remember infrastructure week(s)?  Remember COVID will be gone by Easter?

IMO, one of Trump's biggest failures is his inability to look ahead and foresee the consequences and results of his actions.  His entire thought process is focused on short-term, immediate gratification decisions.  If it makes him look or feel good today, he's all for it, without any regard for what may happen down the line

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 11:17 AM)pally Wrote: Trump NEVER has a solid plan to accomplish anything and never has a backup plan in case of failure.  Remember repeal and replace?  Remember infrastructure week(s)?  Remember COVID will be gone by Easter?

IMO, one of Trump's biggest failures is his inability to look ahead and foresee the consequences and results of his actions.  His entire thought process is focused on short-term, immediate gratification decisions.  If it makes him look or feel good today, he's all for it, without any regard for what may happen down the line

Some of that is rookie mistakes and some is also on Congress, neither side wants the other to look too good. 
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 10:52 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Iran? close to a bomb? Who would've thunk it??? They were going to do what was best for them no matter what anyone else tells them or what sanctions you put on them. They were playing the face game and wanted some sanctions removed to make it easier. They've proven this for a long time already. 

Sounds like you were never following either deal or its implementation.

Iran gave up hundreds of pounds of already purified fissile material and tons of heavy water, took down thousands of centrifuges, and allowed monitoring of their nuclear sites. Over night it went from weeks away from "breakout" to a year or more.

This went forward for three years without problem--Iran was found to be in compliance, far from breakout. No reason to suppose they wouldn't still be the same If Trump had not broken the deal.  It was never about trust, but about close monitoring.

When Trump pulled out of the deal, we lost the power to do that and put the hardliners back into power. Now Iran is closer to the bomb than before, plus they got their funds back with no strings attached now.

Also this was a self own as far as the US' international reputation. No other nation on earth could have pulled all those countries together in that tight deal. Then Trump just broke it--and any confidence the international community can have in the US as a reliable partner.

The Golan Heights was Syrian sovereign territory, recognized internationally. Except for the US, the rest of the world still regards the territory as Syrian, seized in war. The principle of inviolability of sovereign territory was the reason the US went into the Gulf War and is currently supporting Ukraine. And it's not about "resources," though Israel is drilling Syrian oil there. Israel wants to expand its own territory, even if that means trashing international law. And the US backed them.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 10:48 AM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: I can’t take you seriously with this sentence because you don’t actually know what an insurrection is. I suggest you read my last 2 posts and do some serious soul searching on your keen ability to stretch reality and your apparent unawareness of your talent in the area. 

1) Why is withdrawing from the Iran deal a good thing for Israel?

-It was too lenient on Iran and would allow Iran to develop nuclear weapons, continue its support for terrorism and develop ballistic missiles. These are the words of Netanyahu. They were the biggest supporters of Trump’s decision to withdraw. Whether or not it was a good thing for everyone, who knows, but we’re discussing what he did for Israel. Next.

2) Why is recognizing Israeli sovereignty over the Golan Heights a good thing?

It provides a buffer zone for Israel from Syria. Next.

3) Israel controlling Gaza and the West Bank. It’s good for Israel. Screw Palestine. They’re notorious instigators. Don’t mess with our allies. 

Looks like you don't want to take me seriously because I dropped the Encyclopedia Britannica's definition of a coup and insurrection on you, and you have dodged engagement with that. Do they not know what a coup is? Why don't they? Everyone but those who take Trump at his word is "stretching reality"? Beyond what is implied in a claim that 3 guns doesn't meet the standard, you've put forward no definition at all beyond your own eye test, which seems uninformed by law or political science.

1) why is withdrawing from the Iran Deal a bad thing? Because it allows Iran to ditch inspection and go back to creating fissile material, without which it cannot make a bomb. MOSSAD knew it was a good thing for Israel. Iran would continue its support for "terrorism" and develop ballistic missilies without breakout ability.
Without the deal, Iran would continue its support for "terrorism" and develop ballistic missiles WITH much shorter break out time and more fissile material. It was certainly a bad deal for allies like France, who after investing billions and preparing to enter a new market, suddenly had to withdraw. That's what you get for expecting reliable policy from the US.  Next.

2) Why is recognizing Israeli sovereignty of the Golan Heights a bad thing? Because seizing another country's sovereign territory in war and claiming it for your own has been against international law since WWII, when the Axis powers set the standard for appropriating and occupying land of other nations. As I just reminded OtherMike, the US usually goes to war to stop that kind of thing. "Buffer zone" for the aggressor nation is not an acceptable reason for breaking an international law supposed to protect everyone.

3) Israel controlling Gaza and the West Bank means permanent occupation of other people's land and control of their livelihoods. I don't know what you mean by "notorious instigators," but it sounds like you are not on board with the concept of international human rights.

This is the basis of our disagreement in US foreign policy--I want to uphold international law as rule of law based on human rights; you do not. That's a fair statement, isn't it? Or how would you disagree?
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 05:11 PM)Dill Wrote: 2) Why is recognizing Israeli sovereignty of the Golan Heights a bad thing? Because seizing another country's sovereign territory in war and claiming it for your own has been against international law since WWII, when the Axis powers set the standard for appropriating and occupying land of other nations. As I just reminded OtherMike, the US usually goes to war to stop that kind of thing. "Buffer zone" for the aggressor nation is not an acceptable reason for breaking an international law supposed to protect everyone.

Of course, you ignore that this war was started by the other side, with the intent to destroy the state of Israel (a goal still claimed by the current terror state of Iran).  Hence you are flat out lying when you label Israel as the "aggressor nation".  Comparing Israel to the Axis powers in this regard is peak disingenuous behavior from you.  And I'm not a fan of Israel's foreign policy, at all.  
Reply/Quote