Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PAT ELFLEIN is an upgrade.
(03-13-2017, 11:36 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'd rather have Feeney, but I would have no problem if they took Elflein.

I like Feeney a lot, but I like the flexibility of Elflein to replace Bodine.  If Bodine suddenly becomes a great center (yeah, right) then he could play Guard. 

If we are looking purely at Guards, I think Moton is the best prospect.  The guy has that brute force needed for a RG.  

Ideally, the Bengals slide in 1, get an additional 2nd rounder, and end the first two rounds with Ross, Moton, and Elflein.  Offense would be ready to roll.  The draft class is top-heavy at DE, but I think the real talent will be gone by #9, so I would look for someone needing a QB or something that needs to move up and get their second rounder.

I am somewhat shocked that no one has made a more definitive run at McCarron.  I'm fine with keeping him another year and then trading him, but there is so much talent that could help the Bengals in the 2nd round I was hoping it would be this year.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 11:36 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'd rather have Feeney, but I would have no problem if they took Elflein.

Feeney has the experience at RG, but he's much better as a pass blocker than run blocker. I think that if the Bengals want to actually improve their run game, they need to get more of a road grading RG. But if Feeney is selected, he sure should do a good job protecting Dalton in the passing game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote