Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PBS 8th worse stadium in the NFL.
(08-04-2018, 04:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If PBS were to follow the timeline of Riverfront, the stadium vote would take place in 2026 and the new stadium would open in 2030.

I wonder if Cincy will be over the last stadium deal by then?

I doubt it.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 09:53 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: TBH, I don’t know if I agree. When I was a season ticket holder, I went to many games. I enjoyed the beer and although I never ate there, the stadium seemed to be a cool place. The pro shop is a little smaller than I hoped but other than that, I really didn’t have any complaints. But, if I was to find some, I guess they could of switched up the music a little. It was always the same (no Katie Perry please).

https://moneywise.com/a/ch-b/worst-stadiums-in-the-nfl/p-7

[Image: worst-stadiums-in-the-nfl_full_width_8_1...183255.jpg]

Never been there but sure looks like one of the most beautiful stadiums to me.

The Vikings and Cardinals have really nice stadiums too. Wonder where they rank Shit town's terrible stadium and field.

Probably at the tops, that will tell you.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 04:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Never been there but sure looks like one of the most beautiful stadiums to me.

The Vikings and Cardinals have really nice stadiums too. Wonder where they rank Shit town's terrible stadium and field.

Probably at the tops, that will tell you.

Seriously? You should go. The experience is much better than the article gave it credit for. Also, tailgating has to be the best in football.

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 04:30 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Seriously? You should go. The experience is much better than the article gave it credit for. Also, tailgating has to be the best in football.

One day Harley i hope i am able to go. Long ways from good ole Wyoming brother...

Would love to tailgate with you guys. Drink some beers, eat some of that chili etc.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 04:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If PBS were to follow the timeline of Riverfront, the stadium vote would take place in 2026 and the new stadium would open in 2030.

I wonder if Cincy will be over the last stadium deal by then?

I would hope so.  People just love to complain about that whole .5% tax.  

There is an amazing athletic facility (baseball, football, soccer) in a town called Elizabethtown, KY.  The town itself is not impressive at all, but those facilities....it is like something out of a movie or a dream.   Especially the baseball facility.  Kids felt like they were playing at Major League ballparks.  I couldn't understand how the hell that area afforded such facilities until I learned there was a 2% separate sales tax on every dollar spent in that town that went to the facilities.  

That seems like a lot, but I would pay that in a heartbeat to have such facilities in my area.  And Centerville has pretty nice facilities already.

I hear some of the facilities down at the banks are struggling financially and that is sad because they really have a good thing going.  If only the Reds were remotely competitive.  I think the Bengals will do their part this year and have been pretty successful over the past 10 years but there are only 8 home football games.  Baseball attendance is key.
Reply/Quote
I've been to 5 games, and I think PBS is just fine. I can't see it as a cookie cutter stadium, and 8th worse in the league.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 04:30 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Seriously? You should go. The experience is much better than the article gave it credit for. Also, tailgating has to be the best in football.

I love going to bengals games and tailgating. But it is not close to best in football. There are a lot of nfl teams that have a better experience and then even more College.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 10:32 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I love going to bengals games and tailgating.  But it is not close to best in football.  There are a lot of nfl teams that have a better experience and then even more College.

I have been to these away stadiums ( a few multiple times) at KC, Pitt, Cleveland, Indy, Baltimore, Chicago, Tenn, St. Louis (old), Carolina, and Detroit.  Out of those tailgate experiences I would rate ours behind KC for sure.. and bunched in with Cleveland and Baltimore.. and ahead of the rest.  As for viewing the game out of those stadiums and access into stadium I would put KC, Tenn ahead of us.  
Reply/Quote
On the exterior PBS still looks good.

But I havent been to a game in 6, 7, 9 years, I forget. And I cant argue with the line "The Bengals are known for their great fans, so it's a shame the team plays in such a generic home.". Because generic was basically my description as well. Maybe things have changed since then though.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 04:20 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I doubt it.

I was a season ticket holder for a long time and stadium is better than this article states, I was in the club section and it is an awesome place to go prior, get out of weather and stay after games.

I think the mistake made was not adding a retractable roof or a design where it could be added later. The city and MB could have made a tom more money using the PBS for 150 events a year if they had a retractable roof. The argument of being outside like the old days fades for me when they eliminated grass, mud and real old time conditions. They say they want the wind, snow and rain, yet the playing surface (8 real games a year) is pristine unlike the playing conditions.

We lost out on hosting Super Bowls, Final Fours and so many big events by having an open air stadium only.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 10:32 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I love going to bengals games and tailgating.  But it is not close to best in football.  There are a lot of nfl teams that have a better experience and then even more College.

(08-05-2018, 11:19 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I have been to these away stadiums ( a few multiple times) at KC, Pitt, Cleveland, Indy, Baltimore, Chicago, Tenn, St. Louis (old), Carolina, and Detroit.  Out of those tailgate experiences I would rate ours behind KC for sure.. and bunched in with Cleveland and Baltimore.. and ahead of the rest.  As for viewing the game out of those stadiums and access into stadium I would put KC, Tenn ahead of us.  

I like to start tailgating around 9am. Cook food, drink beer play cornhole and some jams. Meet a lot of people (almost everyone forgotten when I wake up with that nasty hangover Monday mornings). Plus, always gotta have a shrimp ring and a few bottles of water and pop for those who enjoy without the alcohol, or don't want to start that early. LOL... I type this like I'm a heavy tailgator. I haven't done it since I let me tickets go 7yrs ago.

Although, I do have my mancave and people come over for that and we jam and cook and stuff sometimes. But usually its just people showing up 1/2 hour before the game and we watch football. I hate this because it removes my excuse to drink before noon. Hilarious

This year should be different. Bengals are going to be exciting to watch. Last 2 yrs? Well, it's more of a wake than a football party.

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 03:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I like to start tailgating around 9am. Cook food, drink beer play cornhole and some jams. Meet a lot of people (almost everyone forgotten when I wake up with that nasty hangover Monday mornings). Plus, always gotta have a shrimp ring and a few bottles of water and pop for those who enjoy without the alcohol, or don't want to start that early. LOL... I type this like I'm a heavy tailgator. I haven't done it since I let me tickets go 7yrs ago.

Although, I do have my mancave and people come over for that and we jam and cook and stuff sometimes. But usually its just people showing up 1/2 hour before the game and we watch football. I hate this because it removes my excuse to drink before noon. Hilarious

This year should be different. Bengals are going to be exciting to watch. Last 2 yrs? Well, it's more of a wake than a football party.

I would probably rather go to your place and hang and drink brewskies now that i think of it lol Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Both the Cincinnati Reds and the Cincinnati Bengals stadiums are average in my opinion. The mistake was made by Mike Brown when he wanted real grass instead of artificial turf
Mike wanted old school football played out in the cold.

They needed a retractable roof Stadium. It would have probably cost at least a hundred million dollars more though. and you're talking about an owner that has refused to build a practice Dome field.

The cost for stadiums today especially those with retractable roof design are probably over 500-700 million dollars.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 09:16 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Both the Cincinnati Reds and the Cincinnati Bengals stadiums are average in my opinion. The mistake was made by Mike Brown when he wanted real grass instead of artificial turf
Mike wanted old school football played out in the cold.

They needed a retractable roof Stadium. It would have probably cost at least a hundred million dollars more though. and you're talking about an owner that has refused to build a practice Dome field.

The cost for stadiums today especially those with retractable roof design are probably over 500-700 million dollars.

You know the county payed for the majority of the stadium right?

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 08:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would probably rather go to your place and hang and drink brewskies now that i think of it lol Hilarious

Your always invited.

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 10:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I would hardly call it a poor representation of the city.  If the Bengals charged what Jerry Jones does to see a game, we would have a completely empty stadium.

There really isn't a bad seat in the house.  The bathrooms are plentiful and you can usually get in and out in a couple minutes.  They keep the bathrooms really warm in the winter so my dad could heat up and they pipe in Dan and Lap so you don't miss the action. 

There is FINALLY a lot of restaurants, bars, etc, in that area by the water and the overall experience is affordable and fun.  

My only real complaint (and unless you have been there, you might not know about them) is the money spent on the convertible club lounge area.  It is really, really nice back there and you can only get in if your seats are in the CC area.  The cost of the seats as season tickets is quite a bit higher, but you can go back and mingle, get upgraded food options, etc.  It is more of what you would call the "business class" seats.

IMHO, I would have made a bit more of an investment on the "real fan" sections and offered more variety of outside food sources, like at the Reds game.  However, the seats are big, comfy, not metal (freeze your ass off), and every seat has a cupholder mounted in front of you.  

I will miss the games this year, but will be watching them all!!!

Just about every game I go to I sit in the club seats. Didn't realize I wasn't a "real" fan......  now I'm sad.Cry 
As for PBS, I like it. I've been to games in Indy, and do not care for their warehouse they play football in....
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 09:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You know the county payed for the majority of the stadium right?

Of course.  And from what I remember, the FO covered about 90 million of the 455 Million cost.  And some say the actual cost is nearly 1 billion.  Worse deal for Hamilton county ever.  

For that price, the Hamilton County residents deserved a dome state of the art stadium.  

Still, Mike Brown refuses to build a Practice Dome Field.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I'd prefer to think of it as the 25th best Stadium, personally.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 09:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Just about every game I go to I sit in the club seats. Didn't realize I wasn't a "real" fan......  now I'm sad.Cry 
As for PBS, I like it. I've been to games in Indy, and do not care for their warehouse they play football in....

C'mon, man.  You know what I am talking about.  Those seats are mostly empty at kickoff because a lot of those fans are there to hobnob.  

I upgraded through a scalper one game because I thought it would help my dad stay warmer with that lounge area (it did) and I was floored how nice it was.  I think if a lot of people saw that area they might change their opinion of the stadium.  It also has food services that are "premium" and not available in the rest of the stadium.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 09:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Your always invited.

Can I come too?  I'm in Da' Brewski Club.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote