Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PBS going cashless
(08-17-2021, 01:02 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: most major credit cards will auto exchange to the proper currancy.

Indeed mine does.

But I don't like using credit. At all. Even if there are rewards.

When you work in finance and you help people get out of debt... yeah, I want to stay as far away from credit as I can, thank you very much lol

(08-17-2021, 01:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Speaking of, I got one of my buddies (who is a Steelers fan) into watching the CFL with me and he wanted to buy a Stampeders hat and the shipping/taxes to the USA were more than the hat itself...I tells ya!

LOL when NAFTA was still around, eBay didn't charge a cent of import fees. Since the USMCA (sp?) was signed, now every eBay item has bloody import fees and it's SUCH a piss off... buying internationally ain't what it used to be.

(08-17-2021, 01:03 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Perhaps you can still use tire money…

LOL LOL LOL You mean Canadian Tire money?

That can only be used at Canadian Tire LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 02:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: wonder if they will go kings island route and not charge anything to load those cards  if you buy a prepaid at the store its like a 20$ loading fee...

or if the prepaid card will only work at the stadium

Yes to the first part, doesn't say about the 2nd part..... I guess it depends on "universally" meaning everywhere, or everywhere in the stadium.

Quote: Fans can transfer cash to a universally accepted debit card for no fee at cash-to-card kiosks located in the stadium. Signage throughout the stadium will direct fans to these locations.
Reply/Quote
There goes the $100 handshake I give the usher every Christmas.

Sorry Charlie

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 12:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Nothing says you have to. I won't. I also won't miss seeing them struggle to make change for a $9.75 bill when you hand them a 10. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 03:19 PM)GodFather Wrote:

Oh, I tip waiters and waitresses more than 20%, and bartenders 20%. What I'm not going to do is tip 20% for an extremely overpriced beer in a plastic cup or aluminum can, in a sports stadium,  just because someone opened it for me.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 03:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Oh, I tip waiters and waitresses more than 20%, and bartenders 20%. What I'm not going to do is tip 20% for an extremely overpriced beer in a plastic cup or aluminum can, in a sports stadium,  just because someone opened it for me.

No, I figured you did Im just having fun with you. Your post made me think of that scene...lol
Reply/Quote
I bet they will carry their electronic tip machines with them.. hahahahaha...
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 04:01 PM)GodFather Wrote: No, I figured you did Im just having fun with you. Your post made me think of that scene...lol

Yeah, love that movie...
Reply/Quote
Never had a damn credit card as women would rob yah. Gonna have to get one if I ever go to PBS, bogus.

I like to pay in cash and get paid in cash. As much as I don't like the paper I dislike the plastic more.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 12:16 PM)pally Wrote: Next time you go to a game make sure you bring your credit card

Fine with me. I never carry cash.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I have not paid for anything with cash for several years. I either use my debit card or my cash back credit card which I pay off every month. The rewards earn me about $50 a month and since I always pay it off it is free money. I keep $200 in cash in my wallet in the event of some emergency where I can only pay with cash and it has been there for years as well.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 09:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Never had a damn credit card as women would rob yah. Gonna have to get one if I ever go to PBS, bogus.

I like to pay in cash and get paid in cash. As much as I don't like the paper I dislike the plastic more.

No you don't, just use the kiosk. Put cash in, it gives you a pre-paid debit card with no fee. 
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 09:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Never had a damn credit card as women would rob yah. Gonna have to get one if I ever go to PBS, bogus.

Hookers take credit cards now??   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I don't understand how some of you don't at least have check/debit cards.  I kinda get not wanting a credit card but how do you not have a check card? 

I thought every bank issued them with a checking account, and have been for years and years and years.  They work exactly like a credit card except you're not borrowing, you're taking money from your account.

I can't imagine not having a card of any kind.  You can't buy anything online, you can't sign up for things like Netflix, etc.  I don't think I could survive without one.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2021, 12:56 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I don't understand how some of you don't at least have check/debit cards.  I kinda get not wanting a credit card but how do you not have a check card? 

I thought every bank issued them with a checking account, and have been for years and years and years.  They work exactly like a credit card except you're not borrowing, you're taking money from your account.

I can't imagine not having a card of any kind.  You can't buy anything online, you can't sign up for things like Netflix, etc.  I don't think I could survive without one.

Also surprising to me.  And I don't like to even carry my debit/check card unless I need to (extremely rarely) take cash out of an ATM.  Theft/fraud are a lot easier to manage with a credit card company vs money coming straight out of your account (or wallet).  If you pay off the balance every month and don't treat a credit card like an endless supply of money, I don't see a single negative to using plastic.  I'm in the camp of paying for something with cash maybe once a year, maybe.  And with cash back rewards, or airline/hotel points, the amount of return for paying for things I have to buy anyway with a credit card feels like a win to me! 

If anything, this change should speed up transaction times quite a bit.  Handling money takes a while.  It's also a nice cost-cutting measure by the Bengals, who now don't have to deal with cash in the stadium. 
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 12:44 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: . Lines seem to move faster as well.

This was the first thing I thought of.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 01:24 PM)Mobster Wrote: Damn, I didnt know there were places that still took cash. Is that still a thing?

I find this comment ironic because the guys I know who only take cash are the "mobster" type.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2021, 02:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This was the first thing I thought of.

I pretty much stopped using cash decades ago when I was policing and saw where lot's of people carry their cash. To say a dollar bill is a nasty thing is an huge understatement. I have to wash my hands every time I touch paper money.
Reply/Quote
I don't like cash or cards.

I prefer to barter.  I pay for everything with farm produce

Strippers really hate it when I tuck eggs under their garters.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 12:44 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Reds have been cashless all season and honestly, I've enjoyed it. Super easy to tap the card and stick it back in a pocket and walk away with a beer. Lines seem to move faster as well.

Perhaps that will be the case at PBS as well.  I certainly hope so, because up until this point, credit card usage at PBS has always been an adventure for me.  Matter of fact, I try to remember to take cash with me because cc transactions are slow at best and slow and painful at worst.  Volunteers work the concession stands, and I swear no one ever bothers to show them how to use the damn car reader.  They all have to stop and ask someone for help, and then a third person, and on and on until they finally hit on someone who can complete the transaction.

Just like all facets of this organization, hope springs eternal. 

“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote