Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thirty Years
This song was in the Billboard chart at the time of our last playoff win. (We still have the same GM. Really let that sink in)

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 12:01 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote:  (We still have the same GM.  Really let that sink in)

Its good to be your own boss.
Reply/Quote
This game wouldn't come out for another 5 months, in June of 1991:

[Image: Sonic_the_Hedgehog_1_Genesis_box_art.jpg]
Reply/Quote
We may never win again...
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 12:01 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This song was in the Billboard chart at the time of our last playoff win. (We still have the same GM. Really let that sink in)

Vanilla Ice was topping the charts. The internet was a thing a couple of nerds were using to play quest-style games with each other. Printers still had the tracked circle cut out margin paper. A high tech phone was cordless. Some vehicles could still be purchased with carburetors. WalMart was an upstart trying to move in on KMart’s dominance.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Last time we won a playoff game Vanilla Ice was "Cookin' MCs like a pound of bacon."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nobody has ever been able to make an internet forum post filled with excitement because the Bengals won a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 11:53 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I was in 6th grade.  A lot "old things" I think of from back in the day were either brand new, or weren't even out yet.  Which is pretty wild.  

Here's some random things, to help put that time into perpective:

---Nike Airs would still have been a pretty new thing then.
---Remember the black Reebok Pumps Dee Brown wore?  That dunk contest was one month after this game.
---Starter jackets weren't even a big thing yet, not the classic ones.  (I think Apex jackets might have been more popular???)
---Use Your Illusion wasn't even out yet.  (Was probably listening to Appetite, Poison, Def Lepard, or Ice Ice Baby)
---Terminator 2 didn't release until that summer.
---Silence of the Lambs hasn't come out yet.
---Andrew Dice Clay was still selling out theaters.
---The Richard Gere "Gerbil story" may or may not have been a thing yet.
---If you knew someone who had the Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. card they were rich.
---Brian Bosworth was one year removed from being one of the biggest busts of all time.
---That was Tony Mandarich's first year starting for the Packers.
---It was 7 years before Frank Sinatra's death.
---It was 4 years before Mickey Mantle's death.
---Dan Quayle had yet to mispell "potato".
---A CD player was something your rich uncle had.
---Andrew Whitworth was 9 years old.
---The "I'm so excited" Saved By the Bell came out two months before this playoff game.

And last, but certainly not least, my family's cable remote looked like this:

[Image: Qube_Cable_Remote.jpg]

You gave me a nice trip down memory lane.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 11:53 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: And last, but certainly not least, my family's cable remote looked like this:

[Image: Qube_Cable_Remote.jpg]

That interactive QUBE system was revolutionary.

Surprised they don't bring something like that back today so that fans could vote for American Idol just by hitting a button on their remote.
Reply/Quote