Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PEERMAN BACK AT PRACTICE . GREAT NEWS
Glad to see Peerman back at practice.. we did not look that great on special teams over the weekend... hopefully having the Pro Bowler back  will change that
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 01:36 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Glad to see Peerman back at practice.. we did not look that great on special teams over the weekend... hopefully having the Pro Bowler back  will change that

He better be back with Hill, Bernard, Mixon and Carson played great...Peermans job is on the line....Others are taking his RB spot, I think there are even more beside Carson.....and yes, he plays special teams and that helps him because he is not much of a running back, but with all these running backs, he better be back....You Can't Make The Club In The Tub. ......He was NEVER a Pro Bowl back....He was a Special teams addition to Pro Bowl...He has NEVER been a starting running back. Many seasons he never runs the ball at all. He is already being replaced at RB, and if others step up on Special Teams, well then.....He better be back, others are taking his roster spot.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Thought we should've moved on last year. There's no denying that he is a good ST player though.
Reply/Quote
He's the 4th string emergency running back. He's not on the team to be a running back, he's on the team to be the Special Teams Captain. Until someone steps up and unseats him there, he has a roster spot....
Reply/Quote
Believe it's the end of the road for Kyries Hebert.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 04:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Believe it's the end of the road for Kyries Hebert.

You mean Dan Skuta right?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 04:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He's the 4th string emergency running back. He's not on the team to be a running back, he's on the team to be the Special Teams Captain. Until someone steps up and unseats him there, he has a roster spot....

Carson is making a very strong case for being the # 4 RB.    I remember when Bieniemy was said to be too important on Special Teams to cut, but when Corey Dillon and others came along, Bieniemy was the odd man out in spite of being special teams captain. ....I think special teams help you make a roster spot, but if you end with many playing your offense or defense position better, your job is on the line.....Carson looked pretty good Friday Night. He needs a chance on Special Teams this summer. ..Competition is good.....Peerman needs to be back with his job is on the line, because Carson looked great the other night. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 04:50 PM)kevin Wrote: Carson is making a very strong case for being the # 4 RB.    I remember when Bieniemy was said to be too important on Special Teams to cut, but when Corey Dillon and others came along, Bieniemy was the odd man out in spite of being special teams captain. ....I think special teams help you make a roster spot, but if you end with many playing your offense or defense position better, your job is on the line.....Carson looked pretty good Friday Night. He needs a chance on Special Teams this summer. ..Competition is good.....Peerman needs to be back with his job is on the line, because Carson looked great the other night. 

Agreed. People should remember too that if Bernard didn't go down to injury last year, Peerman would have stayed on IR. He isn't as safe as people think he is, and Carson has offensive value to go along with his ST abilities.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 04:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Agreed. People should remember too that if Bernard didn't go down to injury last year, Peerman would have stayed on IR. He isn't as safe as people think he is, and Carson has offensive value to go along with his ST abilities.

Also agree. Time to move on. He's 31....and more expensive.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 05:53 PM)Wyche Wrote: Also agree. Time to move on. He's 31....and more expensive.

X3 it's time for the youth movement.
Reply/Quote
I just hope if they cut Peerman, they do it earlier in camp instead of later. Guy is a solid special teams leader and a good locker room guy. If we are moving on, be nice to give him a chance to catch on elsewhere and I am fairly certain he will.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 05:53 PM)Wyche Wrote: Also agree. Time to move on. He's 31....and more expensive.

Yep, he'll start getting his AARP packet in the mail soon!!  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 06:06 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Yep, he'll start getting his AARP packet in the mail soon!!  Ninja

It's already signed and sealed..... LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 06:04 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I just hope if they cut Peerman, they do it earlier in camp instead of later. Guy is a solid special teams leader and a good locker room guy. If we are moving on, be nice to give him a chance to catch on elsewhere and I am fairly certain he will.

I can get on board with that idea.  If they auditioned Carson to play the "Peerman role", in the 1st preseason game, it might be time to think cheaper and younger.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 07:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: it might be time to think cheaper and younger.

I need to employ this tactic to my marital status
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 08:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I need to employ this tactic to my marital status

Yeah, I guess it could be applicable to many aspects of life.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 08:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I need to employ this tactic to my marital status

Lol tried it....it costs alot.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I'm all for the youth movement. But Peerman's ST role is too significant to let go.

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 06:04 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I just hope if they cut Peerman, they do it earlier in camp instead of later. Guy is a solid special teams leader and a good locker room guy. If we are moving on, be nice to give him a chance to catch on elsewhere and I am fairly certain he will.

The other track they could take is keep Peerman on the roster for week one(remember that Pacman will be on the Reserve/Suspended list and not take up a roster spot).  As a vested veteran, his salary for the year would be guaranteed, and it would be a nice parting gift.

However, if Peerman goes, I don't know if we even keep 4 RB's.  I can easily see the 53 after the opener looking something like...

QB(3)-Dalton, McCarron, Driskell
H-Back(1)-Hewitt
RB(3)-Hill, Bernard, Mix on
TE(3)-Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah
WR(6)-Green, LaFell, Ross, Boyd, Malone, Erickson
OL(9)-Fisher, Hopkins, Bodine, Bolling, Ogbuehi, Smith, Winston, Westerman, Johnson
DE(4)-Dunlap, Johnson, Willis, Smith
DT(5)-Billings, Atkins, Sims, Hardison, Glasgow
LB(6)-Burfict, Minter, Vigil, Lawson, Rey, Evans
CB(6)-Kirkpatrick, Jones, Jackson, Dennard, Shaw, Russell
S(4)-Iloka, Williams, Smith, Fejdulum
ST(3)-Harris, Elliott, Huber
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 04:18 PM)kevin Wrote: He better be back with Hill, Bernard, Mixon and Carson played great...Peermans job is on the line....Others are taking his RB spot, I think there are even more beside Carson.....and yes, he plays special teams and that helps him because he is not much of a running back, but with all these running backs, he better be back....You Can't Make The Club In The Tub. ......He was NEVER a Pro Bowl back....He was a Special teams addition to Pro Bowl...He has NEVER been a starting running back. Many seasons he never runs the ball at all.  He is already being replaced at RB, and if others step up on Special Teams, well then.....He better be back, others are taking his roster spot.

he has been a pro bowl special teams player.. and has been our glue on special teams.. is there something wrong with wanting him back on the field ?  
Reply/Quote