Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PEERMAN BACK AT PRACTICE . GREAT NEWS
(08-15-2017, 04:50 PM)kevin Wrote: Carson is making a very strong case for being the # 4 RB.    I remember when Bieniemy was said to be too important on Special Teams to cut, but when Corey Dillon and others came along, Bieniemy was the odd man out in spite of being special teams captain. ....I think special teams help you make a roster spot, but if you end with many playing your offense or defense position better, your job is on the line.....Carson looked pretty good Friday Night. He needs a chance on Special Teams this summer. ..Competition is good.....Peerman needs to be back with his job is on the line, because Carson looked great the other night. 

Do you know how many carries a #4th string back gets in a year , especially meaningful carries.. that would be zero

If Peerman can;t get the job done on special teams at the level from before.. maybe we cut him. if you are saying a #4 string back that will get a handful of carries in a season that matters for nothing  should be kept over your best special teams player i can't agree. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 10:58 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Do you know how many carries a #4th string back gets in a year , especially meaningful carries.. that would be zero

If Peerman can;t get the job done on special teams at the level from before.. maybe we cut him. if you are saying a #4 string back that will get a handful of carries in a season that matters for nothing  should be kept over your best special teams player i can't agree. 

That was the point I was making. When they look at Peerman vs. Carson, they are not judging which 4th string running back, that will never carry the ball, they want. They will be judging which player brings the most to Special Teams. Ultimately, one day someone will unseat the Rev. in this position. If it's Carson, fine, let the best player win the spot. But for some reason ST's perform vastly better when Peerman is on the field with them. It's not just his own performance Carson has to demonstrate is better than Peerman's, he has to be able to step into that leadership role as well....
Reply/Quote
Totally agree Sled21
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 08:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I need to employ this tactic to my marital status

LOL...but...In the words of Johnnie Taylor song, " It's Cheaper To Keep Her ". 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 09:35 PM)jeremydc Wrote: I'm all for the youth movement. But Peerman's ST role is too significant to let go.
Not really...Mixon, Hill and Bernard are on the team...BOOM...that's 3 running backs....Carson had a very good game the other night and that's a 4th running back...Peerman when given the chance to run the ball the last couple years in preseason or regular season has not stepped up and not done much....They need a running back more dependable when injuries occur.   Let Carson play that special teams roll and let Peerman run the ball some against the Chiefs.  AJ Green, Dalton, Atkins, Dunlap are too significant to let go, but not the 4th or 5th string running back Peerman.  

As for Special Teams, how about the Special Teams Coach doing his job more. I don't think we should have to carry running backs and wide receivers that we would hate to see come into a game if some starters injured.  Example of that was play-off game against Colts, starters injured and these special teams guys could not man their positions on offense.  Leroy Kelly started out on special teams but had a great future in the NFL.  Stanford Jennings of special teams could run and almost won a Super Bowl for us.  Yes, I think 2nd, 3rd, 4th string should be able to play special teams, but they must be able to play their offensive and defensive positions also.  Peerman when given the chance to run the last few years has just been awful. Not a guy you can depend on if injuries happen to Mixon, Hill or Bernard.  

Training Camp and Preseason is suppose to be for Competition.  The Bengals who have the longest streak of no play-off wins demand competition more than any team in NFL, because something is flat wrong to go this long and no play-off wins.  Only a few players should feel secure in their jobs, especially after lousy 2016 season...So let Carson and Peerman battle it out for this 4th running back spot.  May the best man win. ...We may be over rating Peerman on special teams in the awful Pro Bowl game. Let's see, the Super Stars play the game like it is touch footy ball or flag footy ball, so they add a teams 4th string running back to be on the special teams. That may be a dubious honor due to the Super Stars not wanting to stub their toe or get a hang nail in Pro Bowl Game. Either way, the situation now should call for Carson to compete with Peerman.  If Carson out plays him, then certainly Peerman is not too significant to let go.  If Peerman out plays Carson, then Peerman stays but maybe Carson to reserve practice squad. The way Carson is playing, just don't hand the job to Peerman, that's now how this team will improve to play-off win level.

This total garbage that a 4th string running back should not be expected to run the football is just that, total garbage...Bernard has had injuries, Mixon has had injuries and Hill has had injuries. We saw last year that injuries can move a 4th string running back up to 2nd string and expected to go in the game and perform and now fill the role of the #2 RB...just 1 injury moves him up to # 3 RB role of needing to go in and carry the ball. ..So this garbage that the #4 RB doesn't have to be able to run is pure nonsense....I'll say the same about WR. Keep the best pass catchers on offense and expect the lower rated ones to do their jobs on special teams. Don't keep some hacks that can't catch like we were stuck with against Colts with no chance in that Play-Off Game. INJURIES HAPPEN, and these back-ups have to be able to do more than special teams.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 07:03 PM)kevin Wrote: Not really...Mixon, Hill and Bernard are on the team...BOOM...that's 3 running backs....Carson had a very good game the other night and that's a 4th running back...Peerman when given the chance to run the ball the last couple years in preseason or regular season has not stepped up and not done much....They need a running back more dependable when injuries occur.   Let Carson play that special teams roll and let Peerman run the ball some against the Chiefs.  AJ Green, Dalton, Atkins, Dunlap are too significant to let go, but not the 4th or 5th string running back Peerman.  

As for Special Teams, how about the Special Teams Coach doing his job more. I don't think we should have to carry running backs and wide receivers that we would hate to see come into a game if some starters injured.  Example of that was play-off game against Colts, starters injured and these special teams guys could not man their positions on offense.  Leroy Kelly started out on special teams but had a great future in the NFL.  Stanford Jennings of special teams could run and almost won a Super Bowl for us.  Yes, I think 2nd, 3rd, 4th string should be able to play special teams, but they must be able to play their offensive and defensive positions also.  Peerman when given the chance to run the last few years has just been awful. Not a guy you can depend on if injuries happen to Mixon, Hill or Bernard.  

Training Camp and Preseason is suppose to be for Competition.  The Bengals who have the longest streak of no play-off wins demand competition more than any team in NFL, because something is flat wrong to go this long and no play-off wins.  Only a few players should feel secure in their jobs, especially after lousy 2016 season...So let Carson and Peerman battle it out for this 4th running back spot.  May the best man win. ...We may be over rating Peerman on special teams in the awful Pro Bowl game. Let's see, the Super Stars play the game like it is touch footy ball or flag footy ball, so they add a teams 4th string running back to be on the special teams. That may be a dubious honor due to the Super Stars not wanting to stub their toe or get a hang nail in Pro Bowl Game. Either way, the situation now should call for Carson to compete with Peerman.  If Carson out plays him, then certainly Peerman is not too significant to let go.  If Peerman out plays Carson, then Peerman stays but maybe Carson to reserve practice squad.  The way Carson is playing, just don't hand the job to Peerman, that's now how this team will improve to play-off win level.

This total garbage that a 4th string running back should not be expected to run the football is just that, total garbage...Bernard has had injuries, Mixon has had injuries and Hill has had injuries.  We saw last year that injuries can move a 4th string running back up to 2nd string and expected to go in the game and perform and now fill the role of the #2 RB...just 1 injury moves him up to # 3 RB role of needing to go in and carry the ball.  ..So this garbage that the #4 RB doesn't have to be able to run is pure nonsense....I'll say the same about WR.  Keep the best pass catchers on offense and expect the lower rated ones to do their jobs on special teams. Don't keep some hacks that can't catch like we were stuck with against Colts with no chance in that Play-Off Game.  INJURIES HAPPEN, and these back-ups have to be able to do more than special teams.

Ok.. i was not going to do every team but i felt i did enough to try to see it is not that a 4th RB is not expected to run the ball, it is not they really don;t run the ball especially in meaning carries as a whole. So here is our division below and the last place teams in AFC since I assumed their 4th round back might get a few more carries since they were bad.. i did not take in account players out for a season, i just looked at the 4th back with most carries.  It is obvious that 4th backs get little or no carries in a season.. that is why Peerman's value is as a ST player and since he is the best on team.. Carson is going to have a hard time taking his spot unless Peerman regresses in his play from last year.

TEAM      4TH BACK CARRIES
PITT        14
BALT        9
CINCY     6
CLEVE     7
JETS       8
JACKVIL   32  (woo hoo 2 a game)
S.D.         19

Also if we are down to our 4th down back that means we have lost Hill, Mixon and Gio.. does it really matter for the season probably... nope.... 
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 07:03 PM)kevin Wrote: Not really...Mixon, Hill and Bernard are on the team...BOOM...that's 3 running backs....Carson had a very good game the other night and that's a 4th running back...Peerman when given the chance to run the ball the last couple years in preseason or regular season has not stepped up and not done much....They need a running back more dependable when injuries occur.   Let Carson play that special teams roll and let Peerman run the ball some against the Chiefs.  AJ Green, Dalton, Atkins, Dunlap are too significant to let go, but not the 4th or 5th string running back Peerman.  

Training Camp and Preseason is suppose to be for Competition.  The Bengals who have the longest streak of no play-off wins demand competition more than any team in NFL, because something is flat wrong to go this long and no play-off wins.  Only a few players should feel secure in their jobs, especially after lousy 2016 season...So let Carson and Peerman battle it out for this 4th running back spot.  May the best man win. ...We may be over rating Peerman on special teams in the awful Pro Bowl game. Let's see, the Super Stars play the game like it is touch footy ball or flag footy ball, so they add a teams 4th string running back to be on the special teams. That may be a dubious honor due to the Super Stars not wanting to stub their toe or get a hang nail in Pro Bowl Game. Either way, the situation now should call for Carson to compete with Peerman.  If Carson out plays him, then certainly Peerman is not too significant to let go.  If Peerman out plays Carson, then Peerman stays but maybe Carson to reserve practice squad.  The way Carson is playing, just don't hand the job to Peerman, that's now how this team will improve to play-off win level.

This total garbage that a 4th string running back should not be expected to run the football is just that, total garbage...Bernard has had injuries, Mixon has had injuries and Hill has had injuries.  We saw last year that injuries can move a 4th string running back up to 2nd string and expected to go in the game and perform and now fill the role of the #2 RB...just 1 injury moves him up to # 3 RB role of needing to go in and carry the ball.  ..So this garbage that the #4 RB doesn't have to be able to run is pure nonsense....I'll say the same about WR.  Keep the best pass catchers on offense and expect the lower rated ones to do their jobs on special teams. Don't keep some hacks that can't catch like we were stuck with against Colts with no chance in that Play-Off Game.  INJURIES HAPPEN, and these back-ups have to be able to do more than special teams.

Have any mods checked this guys IP against any old ones for that Adam dude or any recent multi-trolls?

Just wondering. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
It sounds to me like someone just doesn't realize there are 3 phases to the game, and that Special Teams is every bit as important as Offense and Defense, which is why I have said all along Erickson's position in the receiver room is safe. The ST coach can coach all he wants, he is not out on the field. That's why there are Captains.... to lead on the field. Like I said before, if Carson can unseat Peerman in this phase of the game, so be it, someone will eventually. But don't kid yourself that they are looking at who is the best 4th string running back. They are looking at what that 4th stringer brings to teams....
Reply/Quote
The running back who cant run... Yup glad hes back.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Personally, I thought Carson did fine on ST. He's also the better back, and he's younger and CHEAPER. For all those clamoring for extension money under the cap as a reason to let quality players walk.....I give you exhibit A.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 08:52 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: The running back who cant run... Yup glad hes back.

yes I am.. glad we have our glue to our special teams back.. and i don;t care about running since if our 4th back is running we are losing...
Reply/Quote