Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PESD
(05-04-2017, 06:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There's a current thread on here about Trump saying "I don't stand by anything" when having a heated discussion with a journalist. Did he say them? Yes.

Did those that jumped all over them attempt to understand the context in which they were uttered? No.

Actually that thread is a perfect example of how easy the Trumpbots have ben to program.

Very first page we have nmultiple posts by Trumpbot Bfine and what does he say about "attempting to understand the context" of the comments?  Absolutely nothing.  Instead he never metions any facts or issues and just starts squealing about PESD.

Good Trumpbot.
(05-06-2017, 09:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You obviously never read the thread.  You just dropped in to accuse everfyone of suffering from PESD without even reading what they were saying.

I did read it and found he attempted to avoid being trapped by making a declaration of affirmation.

If he had done so he would have been called out for "doubling down" on his remarks. He did not; so now he is being called out for not "doubling down".

Personally, I consider it a small matter; apparently others do not.

No opinion on Colbert's comments or Breech's classification of them?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-06-2017, 09:19 AM)GMDino Wrote: Then the poster who "called out" the defenders of the gays brags at how they got them to post and continues an argument that has NOTHING to do with the OP until the thread gets closed?

"Gotcha" indeed.

(05-06-2017, 09:36 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Either all that or someone could explain to Breech why Colbert's comments and Breech's assessment of it as simply an insult are both homophobic.

How about you, Do you find them to be homophobic (nuanced or otherwise)? I don't see that as a "gotcha" but whatever.

...and of course it's about the OP. It is trying to illustrate the effects of PESD. One effect could be folks excuse homophobic remarks by the like minded.

(05-06-2017, 09:50 AM)bfine32 Wrote: No opinion on Colbert's comments or Breech's classification of them?

"Gotcha".

Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-06-2017, 09:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually that thread is a perfect example of how easy the Trumpbots have ben to program.

Very first page we have nmultiple posts by Trumpbot Bfine and what does he say about "attempting to understand the context" of the comments?  Absolutely nothing.  Instead he never metions any facts or issues and just starts squealing about PESD.

Good Trumpbot.

You do realize that the title of this thread is PESD. "Squealing' about PESD would seem the correct thing to do. Perhaps your assertion that I am a "Trumpbot" has far less to do with the OP. But it most likely made sense in your head.

(05-06-2017, 09:50 AM)bfine32 Wrote: No opinion on Colbert's comments or Breech's classification of them?

I see nothing homophobic about claiming Trump loves Putin.

Why do you?

Colbert was not insulting Trump for a homosexual act.  He was insulting him for being in such a close loving relationship with the leader of a foreign country that is so opposedto so many US policies.

Only homophobes see the sex act itself as the insult.  Guess all you Trumpbots would have been high-fiving if Colbert had siad the same thing about Trump and Benazir Bhutto.  Because apparently none of you see any problem with Trump being so cozy with a foreign leader who opposes the US.
(05-06-2017, 10:29 AM)bfine32 Wrote: You do realize that the title of this thread is PESD. "Squealing' about PESD would seem the correct thing to do. Perhaps your assertion that I am a "Trumpbot" has far less to do with the OP. But it most likely made sense in your head.

I was talking about the other thread.  Go look at it and you will understand what I am talking about.  You tried to criticize people who posted in that thread without "attempting to understand the context" of the comments, yet you yourself was aposter in that thread and all i saw as you squealing about PESD without mentioning any facts.

Same with pretty much every single post where you get triggered about PESD.  no mention of any facts or isses.  Just blindly dismiss any criticism of trump with "PESD!!!!".  I guess because it is easier to type that "FAKE NEWS!!!".
(05-06-2017, 10:38 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I was talking about the other thread.  Go look at it and you will understand what I am talking about.  You tried to criticize people who posted in that thread without "attempting to understand the context" of the comments, yet you yourself was aposter in that thread and all i saw as you squealing about PESD without mentioning any facts.

Same with pretty much every single post where you get triggered about PESD.  no mention of any facts or isses.  Just blindly dismiss any criticism of trump with "PESD!!!!".  I guess because it is easier to type that "FAKE NEWS!!!".

Why the hell would I go look at another thread to see why you made a comment in this one?

I think you are losing it.

(05-06-2017, 10:34 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I see nothing homophobic about claiming Trump loves Putin.

Why do you?

Colbert was not insulting Trump for a homosexual act.  He was insulting him for being in such a close loving relationship with the leader of a foreign country that is so opposedto so many US policies.

Only homophobes see the sex act itself as the insult.  Guess all you Trumpbots would have been high-fiving if Colbert had siad the same thing about Trump and Benazir Bhutto.  Because apparently none of you see any problem with Trump being so cozy with a foreign leader who opposes the US.

I see it at homophobic as his intent was to insult Trump and to do so he accused him of participating in homosexual activity.

As to trump and Putin's relationship (you'll have to forgive me if I don't use a homosexual act to illustrate it) what's the saying: "Keep your friends close; keep your enemies closer".  

(05-06-2017, 09:36 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Either all that or someone could explain to Breech why Colbert's comments and Breech's assessment of it as simply an insult are both homophobic.

How about you, Do you find them to be homophobic (nuanced or otherwise)? I don't see that as a "gotcha" but whatever.

...and of course it's about the OP. It is trying to illustrate the effects of PESD. One effect could be folks excuse homophobic remarks by the like minded.

Calling Trump a Putin puppet is insulting. The gay innuendo isn't. Except to you.
So now that we are talking about Colbert, where are all the "free speech" defenders?

Why aren't they complaining about the FCC (under Trump) investigating something said about Trump and possibly taking away someone's free speech.

Which is like exactly they should be doing versus complaining about someone cancelling their own speech because of protesters that had nothing to do with the government restricting their speech.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-06-2017, 10:49 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Calling Trump a Putin puppet is insulting. The gay innuendo isn't. Except to you.

You guys are absolutely amazing.

I have never said it was insulting; you said that.

(05-06-2017, 09:50 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I did read it and found he attempted to avoid being trapped by making a declaration of affirmation.

If he had done so he would have been called out for "doubling down" on his remarks. He did not; so now he is being called out for not "doubling down".

Personally, I consider it a small matter; apparently others do not.

No opinion on Colbert's comments or Breech's classification of them?

After declaring He doesn't stand by anything He says, He immediately claimed He had been proven correct which is a "declaration of affirmation." Or what you called, "doubling down."
(05-06-2017, 10:49 AM)GMDino Wrote: So now that we are talking about Colbert, where are all the "free speech" defenders?

Why aren't they complaining about the FCC (under Trump) investigating something said about Trump and possibly taking away someone's free speech.

Which is like exactly they should be doing versus complaining about someone cancelling their own speech because of protesters that had nothing to do with the government restricting their speech.

No, we're talking about the effects of PESD; which are being clearly illustrated in this very thread.

I've never said he didn't have the right to say them.

You guys just kinda make stuff up as you go along don't ya?

(05-06-2017, 10:54 AM)bfine32 Wrote: You guys are absolutely amazing.

I did. I also asked you to explain your homophobic classification which you have done your damnedest to avoid. You act as if a homophobic joke is an insult. So if you don't think a "homophobic" joke is insulting, but merely homophobic just explain why you think it is homophobic and stop playing your silly game. This is your chance to educate me as to my homophobia. Because if I am homophobic I'm blind to it. I don't mean to be homophobic. If I am being homophobic I would like to change.
(05-06-2017, 11:06 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I did. I also asked you to explain your homophobic classification which you have done your damnedest to avoid. You act as if a homophobic joke is an insult. So if you don't think a "homophobic" joke is insulting, but merely homophobic just explain why you think it is homophobic and stop playing your silly game. This is your chance to educate me as to my homophobia. Because if I am homophobic I'm blind to it. I don't mean to be homophobic. If I am being homophobic I would like to change.

I explained in post 28.

No game here. but apparently I am alone in asserting they were homophobic.

(05-06-2017, 11:15 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I explained in post 28.

No game here. but apparently I am alone in asserting they were homophobic.

Let's review . . .

(05-06-2017, 10:47 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I see it at homophobic as his intent was to insult Trump and to do so he accused him of participating in homosexual activity.

As to trump and Putin's relationship (you'll have to forgive me if I don't use a homosexual act to illustrate it) what's the saying: "Keep your friends close; keep your enemies closer".  

(05-06-2017, 10:49 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Calling Trump a Putin puppet is insulting. The gay innuendo isn't. Except to you.

(05-06-2017, 10:54 AM)bfine32 Wrote: You guys are absolutely amazing.

Oh my ***** god! Seriously?

To you the insulting part was the homosexual activity, not the Putin's puppet part.

To me the insulting part is the Putin's puppet activity, not the homosexual activity.

But, I'm the homophobe? Careful. You're starting to stray into identity politics.
(05-06-2017, 11:39 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Let's review . . .

Oh my ***** god!  Seriously?

To you the insulting part was the homosexual activity, not the Putin's puppet part.

To me the insulting part is the Putin's puppet activity, not the homosexual activity.

But, I'm the homophobe?  Careful. You're starting to stray into identity politics.
I have still never said the quote was insulting (Although it is obvious you wish I had instead of you). I did suggest Colbert's intent was to insult and using a homophobic term such as c**k sucker was part of the insult.

But you roll with you were only referring to the puppet part of the quote when considering them insulting. Fred and Dino MIGHT buy it. After all we have on here is our word.

I see the tactic of; deny, deny, deny, and cast counter accusations is still alive and well.

I'm out. This is going nowhere and too many suffer from bystander syndrome.

Too much use of the word "you" in this thread ("You said...", "You guys...", "To you...", "...you made", etc.).

Time to give it a rest.

Nobody "won".
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]