Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF’s new QB rankings
Hurts is not as good as Allen. But he’s made tremendous strides. He works harder in the off season on improving than possibly any player in the NFL. The Philly OL/DL is their secret sauce to success.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2023, 04:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As i mentioned earlier Hurts Superbowl performance was a once in a lifetime. That carries a lot of weight for me. 

Just curious, what makes it a once in a lifetime performance?

27-38 for 304 and a TD is a nice game for a QB.

I suppose you think the 15-70 rushing and the TDs are what sets it apart?  For a QB, it didn't seem like that mythical of a game.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2023, 03:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I also would undoubtedly take Allen over Hurts but as to your point in bold; Allen was pretty mediocre himself his first couple seasons.

Correct, but has had 3 outstanding seasons since then.  
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2023, 03:17 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Correct, but has had 3 outstanding seasons since then.  

Yep. The addition of Diggs certainly helped. Same with AJ Brown helping Hurts in Philly.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2023, 01:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow ahead of Allen at #2 in this one.

Agree with these rankings. Wink
Reply/Quote
Ok, I've officially reached the time of year where I'm done with rankings lol. Well ok, saving some patience for NFLN's Top 100 because that's fun but otherwise... yeah, 100% ready for camp.

Wink
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2023, 05:10 PM)tms Wrote: Ok, I've officially reached the time of year where I'm done with rankings lol. Well ok, saving some patience for NFLN's Top 100 because that's fun but otherwise... yeah, 100% ready for camp.

Wink

Yes, I am ready for some football baby...Pervert
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2023, 02:28 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: If I'm starting a team, there is no way I would take Hurts ahead of Allen.  

Hurts looked VERY average before last year.  Then he looks really good with an elite offensive roster around him.  I don't think Hurts is a guy that will ever take an average roster on his back and get them to the playoffs.  He's just not that guy in my opinion.

We've seen Allen do that to a certain extent.  I'm very interested to see what Hurts does this year, just like I was very interested to see what Burrow would do the year after he put up his first very good year.

He looked every bit as good as Allen in his first 2 years. When Allen makes a Super Bowl then I'll give him the nod. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2023, 03:16 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Just curious, what makes it a once in a lifetime performance?

27-38 for 304 and a TD is a nice game for a QB.

I suppose you think the 15-70 rushing and the TDs are what sets it apart?  For a QB, it didn't seem like that mythical of a game.

The dude scored 4 TDs and a 2-point conversion. Just using his 3 rushing TDs and his conversion ties him for the most ever points scored by any player at any position in the history of the NFL in a Super Bowl. 

You are free to not think it's one of the best performances put up by a QB in the history of the Super Bowl, but you might be in the minority. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2023, 03:38 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I truly don't understand how people can continue to rank Josh Allen as a top 5 QB.

Popularity contest.

Allen got a head start because Jalen Ramsey declared Josh Allen to be an awful QB.

No DB would dare make that mistake with Burrow

Burrow is better than Mahomes hands down
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote