Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF#1: The Black Gold
Lame title, I know, but I've been able to get a few minute sat work here, so I'll try to finish as much as possible while I can. This was a great game to watch and despite AJ's drop and Hill not getting a lot of help on the right side, there was nothing wrong on either side of the ball... except for Adam Jones. Anyways:

Top 5 on O:

1. Boling with a +4.5. 4 carries for 43 yards running behind Boling and he had some great pulls to the right as well. Pass blocking, only gave up a hurry but was solid in 38 snaps. Great start.

2. Eifert with a +3.3. And to think, if he doesn't drop that seam route, his grade (and totals) are even higher. What a fantastic game from our stud TE, we needed him desperately last year; let's hope he continues to perform at this high level for the rest of the year.

3. Whitworth with a +2.8. What else? A perfect game (Joe Thomas had 2 hurries given up and Peters plays tonight; I will keep score in my sig) and 7 carries for 46 yards, running behind him. Not to mention, he split out wide and had a GREAT block on the screen, where he just bullied that DB to the ground. Still the best LT in the game.

4. Andy with a +2.4. Superb game from Andy, where he was essentially flawless; if we get him like this throughout the year, we're in position to win each and every game.

5. Hill with a +1.7. Don't be deceived by the low YPC; he was a stud yesterday and even overcame a lot of the terrible blocks from the middle-right. I hope he absolutely balls next week.

Bonus 6. Gio-van with a +1.6. Only put him here because he was as good as Hill in every facet; THIS is the Gio-van we know!

Top 3 on Raiders:

1. Taiwan (LOL) Jones +2.1
2. Murray +1.3
3. Olawale +1.2

Bottom 5 on O:

Fisher -1.2 (good to see him get involved, but he's a weak run blocker, thus far)

Hewitt -1.5 (didn't think he did this poorly, but maybe it was just rust. He had a couple of key blocks, from what I saw)

Bodine -1.6 (not stellar, but at least he was better than the next 2 guys...)

Zeitler -3.0 (he looked awful yesterday and I saw him get creamed by Dan Williams {who IS an awesome NT} consistently. He'll bounce back next week)

'dre -4.2 (not the start we were hoping for, but I think he'll bounce back too)

Top 5 on D:

1. Geno with a +6.6. Not only is he back, he did things while being double teamed for the whole, entire day. So glad he's back to his normal self!!!!

2. Adam with a +4.1. AND his penalty took -0.9 off of his grade; he was a stud on the field yesterday and I'm super glad to see that he still has it at his age; keep it up! (but not the stupid penalties...)

3. Dunlap with a +2.3. Positive in every facet, 1 sack, 1 hit and 4 hurries, plus a TFL. He needs more than a sack per game for the sack crown, but I hope he can at least make PB this year with one a game; that would be great!

4. Rey with a +2.3. Glad some people noticed his exploits yesterday; he had a good game, solid against the run (as usual), though he did miss 3 tackles... some things never change!

5. Leon with a +1.8. Sending a message to the team, opposition and fans; he's not done and he will have his presence known. Great job in coverage and tackling.

Top 3 for Oakland:

1. Tuck +8.2
2. Dan Williams +7.1
3. Mack +2.1 (he was neutralised for the whole day though, basically)

Bottom 5 on D:

Lamur -0.8 (THAT is how often you have him on the field for, though he wasn't stellar when he was on it)

Peko -1.2 (-0.9 of that was pass rush. He didn't do anything wrong yesterday)

MJ -1.3 (pass rushing was horrid but he had his usual solid day against the run. Good to see him back out there)

Dingleberry -1.4 (see above. Had a MT though where MJ didn't)

Dre -1.6 (-0.9 was his penalty but I still didn't think he did as bad as the grade suggests; we're good at CB)

On teams, Nuge' was positive, Huber was negative (I thought he could've done better too, but he wasn't bad) Burkhead had his penalty, but did anyone see how he almost blocked 2 punts? He's our new Herron lol. Dennard was also positive.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Great to see Geno getting these ridiculous high grades again. The right side of the line didn't look great but I honestly didn't expect to see the bottom 3 on offense be C, RG, RT.

I'd like to see Iloka's coverage stats if you have them handy.
Reply/Quote
Thank you

Reply/Quote
Wasn't the right side were pretty much Dan Williams and Khalil Mack were playing?

The raiders have a solid front 4, it will be interesting to see how the rest of the olines play against them, even with negative numbers, our right side may still have played great against that caliber of opposition. We will see
[Image: Sig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 11:09 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Lame title, I know, but I've been able to get a few minute sat work here, so I'll try to finish as much as possible while I can. This was a great game to watch and despite AJ's drop and Hill not getting a lot of help on the right side, there was nothing wrong on either side of the ball... except for Adam Jones. Anyways:

Top 5 on O:

1. Boling with a +4.5. 4 carries for 43 yards running behind Boling and he had some great pulls to the right as well. Pass blocking, only gave up a hurry but was solid in 38 snaps. Great start.

2. Eifert with a +3.3. And to think, if he doesn't drop that seam route, his grade (and totals) are even higher. What a fantastic game from our stud TE, we needed him desperately last year; let's hope he continues to perform at this high level for the rest of the year.

3. Whitworth with a +2.8. What else? A perfect game (Joe Thomas had 2 hurries given up and Peters plays tonight; I will keep score in my sig) and 7 carries for 46 yards, running behind him. Not to mention, he split out wide and had a GREAT block on the screen, where he just bullied that DB to the ground. Still the best LT in the game.

4. Andy with a +2.4. Superb game from Andy, where he was essentially flawless; if we get him like this throughout the year, we're in position to win each and every game.

5. Hill with a +1.7. Don't be deceived by the low YPC; he was a stud yesterday and even overcame a lot of the terrible blocks from the middle-right. I hope he absolutely balls next week.

Bonus 6. Gio-van with a +1.6. Only put him here because he was as good as Hill in every facet; THIS is the Gio-van we know!

Top 3 on Raiders:

2. Murray +1.3
3. Olawale +1.2

Bottom 5 on O:

Fisher -1.2 (good to see him get involved, but he's a weak run blocker, thus far)

Hewitt -1.5 (didn't think he did this poorly, but maybe it was just rust. He had a couple of key blocks, from what I saw)

Zeitler -3.0 (he looked awful yesterday and I saw him get creamed by Dan Williams {who IS an awesome NT} consistently. He'll bounce back next week)

Top 5 on D:

1. Geno with a +6.6. Not only is he back, he did things while being double teamed for the whole, entire day. So glad he's back to his normal self!!!!

2. Adam with a +4.1. AND his penalty took -0.9 off of his grade; he was a stud on the field yesterday and I'm super glad to see that he still has it at his age; keep it up! (but not the stupid penalties...)

3. Dunlap with a +2.3. Positive in every facet, 1 sack, 1 hit and 4 hurries, plus a TFL. He needs more than a sack per game for the sack crown, but I hope he can at least make PB this year with one a game; that would be great!

4. Rey with a +2.3. Glad some people noticed his exploits yesterday; he had a good game, solid against the run (as usual), though he did miss 3 tackles... some things never change!

5. Leon with a +1.8. Sending a message to the team, opposition and fans; he's not done and he will have his presence known. Great job in coverage and tackling.

Top 3 for Oakland:

1. Tuck +8.2
2. Dan Williams +7.1

Bottom 5 on D:

Lamur -0.8 (THAT is how often you have him on the field for, though he wasn't stellar when he was on it)

MJ -1.3 (pass rushing was horrid but he had his usual solid day against the run. Good to see him back out there)

Dre -1.6 (-0.9 was his penalty but I still didn't think he did as bad as the grade suggests; we're good at CB)

On teams, Nuge' was positive, Huber was negative (I thought he could've done better too, but he wasn't bad) Burkhead had his penalty, but did anyone see how he almost blocked 2 punts? He's our new Herron lol. Dennard was also positive.

TY for the update. It is scary the right side of  the OL was graded poorly, yet we scored 33 points, put up 400 yards and essentially Hue shut them down in the 4th quarter.

The defense looked good yesterday, they looked very physical. It was great to see Leon earn his 7.8 million salary yesterday or his $487,500 per game. it has been a while that he has earned it.

I think we will see an adjustment to AD once they factor in drops including the TD to AJ. AD looked great, but he needs to work on giving AJ a shot when one on one catching the deep balls, but I like yesterday how AD put the ball where only our guy could catch it. I love the pass the Marvin Jones tough catch, but he dropped it) in the endzone being low where only he catches it and the DB can't line Jones up for a big hit.

Only one week, but they looked very good yesterday. But, a tough game coming up this week against the Chargers who shut down Calvin Johnson yesterday.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Thanks Truck love seeing this stuff.

If DT's got stats for disruptive plays Geno would be among the league leaders yesterday. He was in the backfield on a ton of plays yesterday destroying timing, messing up execution, changing blocking assignments, and so on.

Those things don't show up in the stat book. And he was doing this being double teamed - a lot. So awesome to see and takes our defense to another level.

Leon Hall proved he can still ball.

Great to see Gio back to being Gio. I was a bit worried about him.

Adam Jones great game - keep it between the whistles please.

Eifert = Awesome.

Let's keep the fire and passion going.
Reply/Quote
My favorite part of Monday morning is reading the PFF report.

Thank you :)
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 11:39 AM)Nights Watch Wrote: Wasn't the right side were pretty much Dan Williams and Khalil Mack were playing?

The raiders have a solid front 4, it will be interesting to see how the rest of the olines play against them, even with negative numbers, our right side may still have played great against that caliber of opposition. We will see

that and add in the very little time Andre played this preseason.
Reply/Quote
Thanks Truck! This is what I do with my Monday mornings ... Look for this post, drink coffee and watch the game sober. Sundays and Mondays are my off days and I love it!

I couldn't be happier about the way the team played yesterday. I don't mind the attitude from the D either as long as nobody gets ejected or suspended. I'll take a couple penalties that don't result in points to establish a personality.
Reply/Quote
What did Shawn Williams do? He took over for Iloka most of the day. I thought he did pretty well.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Gio ran better than he has for a while. I was glad to see it. Good game.
Reply/Quote
Damn Tuck got a +8.2 that's ridiculously high
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:43 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Damn Tuck got a +8.2 that's ridiculously high

PFF loves batted balls and blocked kicks.
Why do you think Watt gets his usual 2 pt boost
Reply/Quote
I wonder how the grades of Dalton and Eifert compare to other (bigger) names across the league.

My eyes tell me Eifert's game was about as good as Gronk's TNF game. It just seems like they're stingy with the positive grades at times.

Btw, thanks again Truck. I always look forward to these, especially after a win.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 01:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I wonder how the grades of Dalton and Eifert compare to other (bigger) names across the league.

My eyes tell me Eifert's game was about as good as Gronk's TNF game. It just seems like they're stingy with the positive grades at times.

Btw, thanks again Truck. I always look forward to these, especially after a win.

FWIW, Mack had 2 hurries on 28 pass rush attempts and 2 run stops.  Still graded positive. 
Tuck had 1 hurry and 2 pass break ups. That was a +2.6 in pass rush.... 

Dunlap had 1 sack, 1 hit, 4 hurries....+1.4 grade in pass rush
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 11:09 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Lame title, I know, but I've been able to get a few minute sat work here, so I'll try to finish as much as possible while I can. This was a great game to watch and despite AJ's drop and Hill not getting a lot of help on the right side, there was nothing wrong on either side of the ball... except for Adam Jones. Anyways:

Top 5 on O:

Top 3 on Raiders:

2. Murray +1.3
3. Olawale +1.2

Bottom 5 on O:

Top 5 on D:

Top 3 for Oakland:

1. Tuck +8.2
2. Dan Williams +7.1

Bottom 5 on D:

Great stuff as always, Truck.  Thanks for your efforts!

I am floored that Andre Smith had such a negative score.  He basically neutralized the guy that ESPN spent all week circle-jerking over (he is a great player) for all but six or seven snaps when he lined up over Whit. 

I didn't see a single hold or false start from him, either. 

I am puzzled by Zeitler.  What has happened here? He was a rising star, a Pro Bowl hopeful.  It isn't like they are asking him to make huge holes for Hill and Andy gets the ball out quickly.  Maybe he was fighting an illness and just had an off day.  Either way, I sure hope he rebounds.  They need that RG for the short yardage runs in a big way. 

I am similarly puzzled by the ranking of Tuck and Williams.  Tuck did bat down a couple balls, and held the Bengals in check somewhat on the ground, but those scores would make you think the Bengals had no success on offense. 

That was a very nice start for Maualuga as well.  Ditto Hall. 

Did you happen to see the ranking for Hawk, Iloka, and Nelson?
Reply/Quote
Assuming Rey means Maualuga and not Vinny. If so he did look good yesterday especially on the early drive when Oak went for it on 4th down.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Thanks for posting this stuff Truck!

I'm wondering about Reggie Nelson. I saw him making more than a few impact plays and was surprised he didn't crack the top on defense.

Reply/Quote
Truck, you gonna continue your subscription when they ex-out premium stats after this month?
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 02:40 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Truck, you gonna continue your subscription when they ex-out premium stats after this month?

I'm cancelling mine. You will basically be given their version of Madden rankings. 
Reply/Quote