Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF#1: The Black Gold
(09-14-2015, 03:08 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I'm cancelling mine. You will basically be given their version of Madden rankings. 

Same, not worth it.

I hate what they're doing but they can get away with it.
Reply/Quote
Thank you everyone!

DJS, Iloka was +0.2 in coverage on 11 snaps: wasnt thrown to.

I will post other grades when I get home, as I'm at work and I only posted Iloka because I memorised his stuff after DJS asked this morning.

Storm, I'm going to give it a one month shot: I REALLY like the way they grade (from a system POV) so this transition I will either hate or love. I must stress though that my own personal love of their stats, is the line pressures stats: that REALLY helps me grasp things better, in terms of a player's ability.

Also, due to work, I will most-likely be posting the grades a little after 13:00 EST, as that's when I take lunch, apologies!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 03:32 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Thank you everyone!

DJS, Iloka was +0.2 in coverage on 11 snaps: wasnt thrown to.

I will post other grades when I get home, as I'm at work and I only posted Iloka because I memorised his stuff after DJS asked this morning.

Storm, I'm going to give it a one month shot: I REALLY like the way they grade (from a system POV) so this transition I will either hate or love. I must stress though that my own personal love of their stats, is the line pressures stats: that REALLY helps me grasp things better, in terms of a player's ability.

Also, due to work, I will most-likely be posting the grades a little after 13:00 EST, as that's when I take lunch, apologies!

Never an apology needed. You the man
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Amazing to see Zeitler so low considering how good our line played yesterday.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
So PFF is ending their stats rating system? So no more hurries and stops stats?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 04:41 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Amazing to see Zeitler so low considering how good our line played yesterday.

Just re-watched the game. The super bad grades to Zeitler and Andre were unwarranted. 
Each had a few bad snaps, but neither were that bad. 

And Mack was absolutely invisible outside of 2 plays. 
Reply/Quote
Hey nice, love these as always but what was Kirk and Dennard?
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 05:13 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Just re-watched the game. The super bad grades to Zeitler and Andre were unwarranted. 
Each had a few bad snaps, but neither were that bad. 

And Mack was absolutely invisible outside of 2 plays. 

Did Watt finish with a +29.6?
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 05:37 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Did Watt finish with a +29.6?

Probably
Mack got a nice little boost for having a popular name.
So did Tuck...and Tuck was actually good but not that good. 
Reply/Quote
One thing that does not show up on the intangible sheet is on the now infamous pacman play Dre Kirk came all the way down and across the field to make a TD saving tackle. Take a look at the play again that dude was trucking!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 01:26 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: FWIW, Mack had 2 hurries on 28 pass rush attempts and 2 run stops.  Still graded positive. 
Tuck had 1 hurry and 2 pass break ups. That was a +2.6 in pass rush.... 

Dunlap had 1 sack, 1 hit, 4 hurries....+1.4 grade in pass rush

PFF is nice, but you have to take it with massive grain of salt. They seem to grade guys up/down based on their reputation, which is what looks like the case, here.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 05:30 PM)Element Wrote: Hey nice, love these as always but what was Kirk and Dennard?

Kirk: -1.6 (penalty killed him, coverage was meh)

Dennard: 0.9 (not a lotto go off, made 3 tackles, basically no yac)
Reply/Quote
Always appreciated, Truck.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 06:58 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Kirk: -1.6 (penalty killed him, coverage was meh)

Dennard: 0.9 (not a lotto go off, made 3 tackles, basically no yac)

Just to clarify Dre's rating:
-.8 pass coverage (bullshit)

QBs had a 49.5 rating vs him.
under 50% completion. (3/8)
17 YAC (16 on one play)

For comparison:
Vinny Rey
QBs had a 124.6 rating vs him.
100% completion (10/10)
44 YAC (22 on one play)

his coverage rating from PFF? -.7

And the penalty rating was the worst part somehow.
-.9 for what was the weakest taunting call ever.
2 MNF games tonight count how many times that happens and how many get flagged.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 07:13 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Just to clarify Dre's rating:
-.8 pass coverage (bullshit)

QBs had a 49.5 rating vs him.
under 50% completion. (3/8)
17 YAC (16 on one play)

For comparison:
Vinny Rey
QBs had a 124.6 rating vs him.
100% completion (10/10)
44 YAC (22 on one play)

his coverage rating from PFF? -.7

And the penalty rating was the worst part somehow.
-.9 for what was the weakest taunting call ever.
2 MNF games tonight count how many times that happens and how many get flagged.

Didn't even look at Vinny's coverage, that ain't right.

NFL really, really, really hates players standing over another player, gotta protect the self confidence of the players.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 07:23 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Didn't even look at Vinny's coverage, that ain't right.

NFL really, really, really hates players standing over another player, gotta protect the self confidence of the players.

It really wasn't even "standing over" 
The play happened, he did the arm thing and that's that. 
It just happened that the WR didn't roll or Dre didn't move that far away.
But it wasn't like he did a throat slash or anything
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 07:28 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: It really wasn't even "standing over" 

Haven't got a chance to watch it again (waiting to run free trial of gamepass on Wed.) but I thought he looked down at him along with the incomplete motion. Regardless, I hate to overanalyze a bs taunt, it didn't look like anything, refs maybe wanted a make up call for not getting Adam, I don't know, stupid all around. 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 07:28 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: It really wasn't even "standing over" 

If they're going to penalize stuff like Iloka stepping over someone, they should also penalize offensive players who do the first down sign.

They're both similar IMO. Nothing wrong with rubbing it in a little as long as you're not physically hurting someone.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Ahhhhhh! Another part of the season I missed -- Truck bringing the PFF grades! Missed em and thanks for posting them!
[Image: n881eg.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 01:29 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Great stuff as always, Truck.  Thanks for your efforts!

I am floored that Andre Smith had such a negative score.  He basically neutralized the guy that ESPN spent all week circle-jerking over (he is a great player) for all but six or seven snaps when he lined up over Whit. 

I didn't see a single hold or false start from him, either. 

I am puzzled by Zeitler.  What has happened here? He was a rising star, a Pro Bowl hopeful.  It isn't like they are asking him to make huge holes for Hill and Andy gets the ball out quickly.  Maybe he was fighting an illness and just had an off day.  Either way, I sure hope he rebounds.  They need that RG for the short yardage runs in a big way. 

I am similarly puzzled by the ranking of Tuck and Williams.  Tuck did bat down a couple balls, and held the Bengals in check somewhat on the ground, but those scores would make you think the Bengals had no success on offense. 

That was a very nice start for Maualuga as well.  Ditto Hall. 

Did you happen to see the ranking for Hawk, Iloka, and Nelson?

It's so amusing when fans actually take this stuff seriously.
Reply/Quote