Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF#2: The Perfect Oline
So this was a great game to watch and aside from the horrid officiating (I think due to my gaffe with spelling his name in the other thread, I'll call him Jegg from now on lol), can arguably be considered the most exciting game of the year, thus far (though that probably goes to NE/Buffalo yesterday). We had great offense, great defense and saw a T rumble for 31 yards and a LB playing CF where it actually worked. Grades are as follows!

Top 5 on O:

1. Bodine with a +4.8. I remarked to my dad and girlfriend yesterday in the third quarter, that Bodine was rock solid up until that point and boy was he; perfect game and we had 12 carries for 83 yards up the middle yesterday. Has the GOOD Bodine come and is he here to stay? Or will we have the usual crappiness for the rest of the year? Stay tuned.

2. 'dre with a +4.6. Funny that the bottom two guys last week are the top two guys this week. 'dre had a superb, bounceback game, shutting down the pass rush (highest graded on the team at +1.9) with a perfect game and had some great blocks for Gio-van and Hill.

3. Boling with a +4.4. Continued the awesome play from his superb first game, Boling was dominant at pulling yet again; just always gets the job done. Oh, and he too pitched a perfect game.

4. Whitworth with a +3.6. Another day at the office for Whitworth, another perfect game. 5 carries for 32 yards to his side is also not "blue chip," but that's still a fantastic 5+ YPC. And his shifting to the RT spot was successful as well. Still the best LT in the game! Big Grin

5. Zeitler with a +3.4. And rounding out the top 5 is our 5th olineman, also with a perfect game and also with a nice bounceback. Add in a healthy 38 yards on 7 carries and we have our stud RG playing like a boss.

Eifert and Gio-van were 6th and 7th, with a +2.6 and a +1.1, respectively. 

Top 3 on Superchargers:

1. Woodhead (duh) +2.6
2. King Dunlap +2.1
3. Ladarius Green +1.9

Bottom 5 on O:

Kroft -0.4 (actually graded well for his play {+0.7 for his run blocking[/b]} but that stupid penalty lowers his total)

Peko -0.4 (ah, big deal)

Burkhead -0.6 ( :snark: um why?)

Hill -0.7 (not worried at all as his knee was CLEARLY down AND his forward progress was topped for at least a second or two before the ball came out. Bullshit)

Hewitt -1.6 (awful game, I too took notice of his whiffed blocks and that Liuget TFL was completely because he wasn't engaged by Hewitt correctly)

Top 5 on D:

1. Geno (double duh) with a +5.1. I counted at least 4 times where he was in the backfield within 1 second the snap, he was disrupting and killing all day; if he continues the sacks and run play, we're in superb shape for the rest of the year.

2. Dingleberry with a +2.8. Being in a rotation and moving to DT on some downs has rejuvenated him; the super sub is back!

3. Dunlap with a +1.2. 1.5 sacks! If he averages this for the rest of the year, he'll get the sack record no problem! Great job yesterday on the pass rush and had 2 TFL, though he wasn't too consistent in the run game as a whole. Hopefully he eats Wagner for lunch next week!

4. Carter with a +0.7. Only 7 snaps but was able to muster a hurry and the FR, though he was caught out on the Chargers' scoring drive where they went no huddle and couldn't substitute; he's not an every down player (which we all know, for the most part).

5. Adam Jones with a +0.6. Has a CB ever led the team in tackles 2 straight weeks? Another great game, displaying solid fundamentals.

Top 3 for Superchargers:

1. Jimmy Wilson +1.6
2. Patrick Robinson +1.0
3. Adrian Phillips +0.6

Bottom 5 on D:

Dre -1.4 (eh, I don't think its warranted... And that penalty was bullshit)

Lamur with a -1.7 (he still looks rough out there at times)

MJ -2.0 (the pass rush still isn't there, but the run game is solid)

Rey -2.3 (that offside was BS and if not for that, he wouldn't have been bottom 5. He also didn't look as bad as they made it out to be)

Nelson -2.7 (we were puffing him up and he disappointed, not to mention he didn't provide help to Dre on the TD)

On teams, Nuge' was in the red (-1.8) while Huber was super green (+3.0). Other notables (positive) were Lamur and Derron Smith, while Dawson and Shaw were negative.

Great game to watch, let's hope they can continue the momentum into Bmore!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Damn I thought Geno was gonna get a lot higher. It seemed like he disrupted 50% of the Chargers plays.

5.1 ain't bad tho

What did they say about our beloved Andy Dalton?
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 11:03 AM)clevelandsdad Wrote: Damn I thought Geno was gonna get a lot higher. It seemed like he disrupted 50% of the Chargers plays.

5.1 ain't bad tho

What did they say about our beloved Andy Dalton?

+0.6. He had a good game :smile:
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Love this stuff Truck, thanks !

Geno - He's baaaaacck. Our defense is a different animal with him disrupting.

Marvin needs to make Hill carry a football with him 24 -7 and learn to hold onto it. I know the one call was BS but he's making this to much of a habit.

O-line worries are diminishing quite a bit.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 11:11 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: +0.6. He had a good game :smile:

Definitely a great game by the oline. I also think Kirkpatrick was scored too low. He seemed to be near the ball all game and flew across the field on one run and stopped a guy that was about to beak one down the sideline.
Reply/Quote
Thanks for posting. These are always good reads. Do you have a summary of how they are graded?

How does Hill only have a -0.7? He had 39 yards and 2 fumbles. That seems like it should be a lot lower.

Side Notes:
1) What is the ruling on fumbles for RB? On that 2nd fumble, it was a pitch and he never had possession. Doesn't it get charged to the last person who had possession, aka Dalton? ESPN is showing him with 2 fumbles. It was obviously Hill's fault but I don't the official score keeping rules.

2) King Dunlap is the largest man I have ever seen. I was at the game and 2 rows from the field. He dwarfed everyone else.
Reply/Quote
Truck thanks for all your work. I always read your PFF summary before anything else on here. PFF isn't the final word (football individual evaluation is always subjective) but it's as unbiased and accurate as anything out there.

Just an unbelievable job by both lines. Bodes well for the rest of the season.
Reply/Quote
This is the most talented Bengals team I personally have ever seen.

Reply/Quote
1. Geno only being a 5.1 shows the BS bias they have towards Watt.

2. Yesterday was a career game for Bodine.

3. the TD was all Nelson...it was zone
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 11:25 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Love this stuff Truck, thanks !

Marvin needs to make Hill carry a football with him 24 -7 and learn to hold onto it. I know the one call was BS but he's making this to much of a habit.

Yes, yes, yes, and what o-line worries?

Truck, perfect title for the thread.   ThumbsUp 
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 11:44 AM)Baby Hawk Wrote: Yes, yes, yes, and what o-line worries?

Truck, perfect title for the thread.   ThumbsUp 

Center
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 10:54 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Hill -0.7 (not worried at all as his knee was CLEARLY down AND his forward progress was topped for at least a second or two before the ball came out. Bullshit)

No, I don't think it was a BS call.

Watch his thigh, it's still going down while the ball comes out, you can see that his thigh stops (cause his knee hit the ground) and he doesn't have the ball anymore. It was just a tough one to hold onto because they were propping him up and twisting him while another guy came running in for the strip.

He's going to have to learn sometimes to just go down and don't get the other team a reason to prop you up because everyone knows he's prone to fumbles and will be trying for the strip.

On a side note, I'm not a bid AD fan, but I have to admit, so far he's done a good job with the ball.
Reply/Quote
Great, great stuff, Truck. Thank you so much for your efforts.

I was curious about Dalton's rank. I thought he made great decisions throughout the game, even on busted plays. The ball that AJ was held on MIGHT have been catchable if not for the hold, but it was a bit over the sideline...other than that, I thought he was borderline perfect. He doesn't light up the stat sheet, but he hasn't been forcing the ball, either.
Reply/Quote
Impressive number for our OLine !!
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 12:34 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: No, I don't think it was a BS call.

Watch his thigh, it's still going down while the ball comes out, you can see that his thigh stops (cause his knee hit the ground) and he doesn't have the ball anymore. It was just a tough one to hold onto because they were propping him up and twisting him while another guy came running in for the strip.

He's going to have to learn sometimes to just go down and don't get the other team a reason to prop you up because everyone knows he's prone to fumbles and will be trying for the strip.

Whether or not his knee was down is irrelevant. His forward progress had been long stopped. 
Reply/Quote
Seems like I was reading about what a terrible Oline coach Alexander is for the past several years. Well if you need proof of terrible just look at the Oline.

Apparently he's not quite as terrible as some seem to think.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Does AJ Hawk still play for us? Was he on the field yesterday? Not hating on him, just asking.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 01:31 PM)Shady Wrote: Does AJ Hawk still play for us? Was he on the field yesterday? Not hating on him, just asking.

Hawk has been solid.

All you can ask.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 01:31 PM)Shady Wrote: Does AJ Hawk still play for us? Was he on the field yesterday? Not hating on him, just asking.

Bengals were in the nickle almost the entire game. Hawk saw 5 snaps as a SLB.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 11:25 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Love this stuff Truck, thanks !

other than that play Dalton got Rocked (almost a fumble but incomplete pass)

I dont even remember seeing Dalton get hit.
Reply/Quote