Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF#3: Bmore is Becoming Nomore
Exciting, nail-biting game to watch and the reffing was horrendous as usual; super pissed off, but whatever, we won and that's all that matters (Jegg wasn't so smooth in the late-night game either). But anyways, Andy and AJ were awesome and the dline, despite no sacks, was great at frustrating the Ravens' oline all day, both on the pass and the run. Anyways, the grades as follows!

Top 5 on O:

1. Andy with a +5.8. Super, superb game, aside from the pick and he indeed played with a fire and a passion today that we probably have never seen before. Great touch on his intermediate throws and even better on his deep throws; lovely game on the ground too.

2. AJ with a +2.8. If not for his 2 penalties, he would've been higher, but another phenomenal game from AJ; the adjustments he made on balls were absolutely ridiculous and of course he benefitted from the DBs running into each other, but he still made the moves to make sure that happened. Best game by a WR in the league this year, bar none.

3. Whitworth with a +2.8. Is it any wonder? His perfect game streak ended, but he only gave up a solitary hurry and he's still given up the least amount of pressures of any Olineman on the year; man possessed and let's hope he can keep Hali at bay.

4. MLJ with a +1.4. Basically what I said for AJ, applies here, though on a lesser scale. Adjustments were fantastic.

5. Burkhead with a +1.0. Have nothing to say because I don't see how he gets a grade this high for standing around for *1* play. Think a fudge-up on PFF's part.

Top 3 on Ratbirds:

1. Steve Smith (duh) +3.9
2. Yanda +3.1
3. Gillmore +1.0

Just a side note, Hurst was -11.4 and Vagner was -5.2; our bookends didn't get sacks but they took them to school.

Bottom 5 on O:

Sanu -1.1 (Don't see that it should be THAT low, but whatever, he indeed didn't have the best game, but got some solid YAC and hard-nosed collisions)

Hill -1.7 (still not worried, but they essentially STOPPED using him out of the blue yesterday; give the guy reps)

Eifert -5.8 (no catches {though he essentially had 2}, horrible run blocking and the pass blocking was especially bad {and I'm not solely talking about the sack; he allowed another hit as well, in only 7 pass blocks}. Not worried, he'll bounce back next week)

'dre -6.7 (also don't see how he should be THIS bad, though he didn't have a stellar game either. He'll bounce back too)

Bodine -8.4 (after a career game last week, he had easily the worst game of his career yesterday; what an awful display of ineptness and failure)

Top 5 on D:

1. MJ with a +4.3. Finally was a disruptor; only 2 assists but 5 pressures and shut down his lanes to death, a great game from MJ, though wish he would've gotten his first sack... Now dismantle Stephenson (if he is at LT) next week!

2. Geno with a +2.6. Didn't do a whole lot in the pass rush game (just 3 hurries) but wow did he shut down running lanes! That first step is so deadly.

3. Adam Jones with a +2.6. Led the team in (solo) tackles again lol. Smith did little to nothing against him, this time around.

4. Dunlap with a +1.5. 2 hits (that BOTH should've been sacks, stupid horseshoe Flacco), 2 hurries and great tackled all over the field, another day at the office for big 'los. Hope he can get a sack back next week, he deserves it.

5. Rey with a +1.5. Solid open field tackling and no chance for runners on the day. Has been much better since returning from injury last year.

Top 3 on Bmore:

1. Brandon Williams (duh) +7.8
2. Dumerville +6.9
3. Timmy Jernigan +3.1

Bottom 5 on D:

Carter -1.2 (he's an idiot, plain and simple)

Leon -1.4 (only issue I had with him yesterday was that idiotic attempt to knock the ball out instead tackling the guy and forcing 4th down. Just stupid, otherwise have no issues)

Nelson -1.5 (hmm... he's slipping but I don't see anything glaring)

Dre -3.4 (not deserving at all. Complete bullshit. Little YAC given up, the TD was a push-off and he had a PD, plus 4 for 8 when throwing to him for 6.6 yards a target. Bullshit)

Lamur -4.2 (no surprises, his hands are made of butter)

On teams, Clark Harris (since nobody can get his name correct) and Huber were the big winner, while everyone else (including Nuge'), was positive save for Chris, the idiot Carter, who was negative due to a MT.

This MAY be the final PFF week, as they are going to switch to their stupid ratings (I'm going to send them a long email telling them that I'm never subscribing again and that its a mistake; wtf is the point of what they're doing?) ala Madden, that have absolutely zero context etc., compared to what they do now. Not impressed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Thanks, Truck!!

Well, this explains Hill's lack of success:

Quote:Top 3 on Bmore:

1. Brandon Williams (duh) +7.8
2. Dumerville +6.9
3. Timmy Jernigan +3.1

Plus

Quote:'dre -6.7
Bodine -8.4

How did Boling and Zeitler grade out?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
As always, thanks for posting these. Sad that this may be the last time.

1. Was this the best PFF grade of Dalton's career?
2. Interesting that Steve Smith (3.9) had a higher grade than AJ (2.8).
3. Kinda disappointed with Eifert after a hot start, but I'm sure he'll bounce back.
4. Who was Steve Smith burning yesterday? (I didn't see the game)
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 11:08 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: As always, thanks for posting these. Sad that this may be the last time.

3. Kinda disappointed with Eifert after a hot start, but I'm sure he'll bounce back.

I don't have access to the grades right now but I'm pretty sure Minnesota 2013 was higher.

A.J.'s grade would have been a bit higher if not for the penalties.

Smith was seemingly all over the field. Our guys got killed with missed tackles at times more so than being burnt in coverage.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 11:08 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: As always, thanks for posting these. Sad that this may be the last time.

He didn't burn anyone. It's that insane tenacity of his to get YAC. He can be really hard to tackle. He also got away with a glaring OPI on one TD. Refs really helped the Ravens come back and stay in this game. 

The ruling on Eifert's non-TD was the worst call I've seen since Gresham had one overturned a few years ago. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
If DJS can't get to them in time, I'll try to post 'em at launch time as I'm at work, apologies!
Reply/Quote
Didn't get to see the game yesterday. Where's Iloka? And why is Carter an idiot?
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 10:33 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: (Jegg wasn't so smooth in the late-night game either).

5. Burkhead with a +1.0. Have nothing to say because I don't see how he gets a grade this high for standing around for *1* play. Think a fudge-up on PFF's part.
Did you notice the number of reversed plays from Tripplett's crew last night?  Seemed like every time I turned around that was the case.
As for Burkhead, didn't he get a hand on a punt (shoutout to Slappy From New Haven for calling that one)?  I would think that would get some kind of positive rating.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 10:33 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: This MAY be the final PFF week, as they are going to switch to their stupid ratings (I'm going to send them a long email telling them that I'm never subscribing again and that its a mistake; wtf is the point of what they're doing?) ala Madden, that have absolutely zero context etc., compared to what they do now. Not impressed.

I've already done that. Well, it wasn't long, but it was to the point. They didn't take it too well.  Cry

Good luck.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Out of curiousness, what was Hawk's score.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 11:08 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: As always, thanks for posting these. Sad that this may be the last time.

The Jets 2013 would be my guess
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't worry about giving Jeremy Hill more reps. Gio was making the most of his, and we need to go with the hot hand. Hill will step up sooner or later.
Reply/Quote

2. Old man bump

4. No one. He beat Jones once. Dre once. (Push off) but other than that, he was beating LBs and Reggie in zones and getting YAC. He wasn't as impressive as his stats say TBH. 
Reply/Quote
Good stuff as always.
Reply/Quote
In the title instead of Nomore, you should've put Nevermore.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 01:19 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I wouldn't worry about giving Jeremy Hill more reps. Gio was making the most of his, and we need to go with the hot hand. Hill will step up sooner or later.

Both Hill and Gio were pretty much just stacked up at the line going between the tackles for most of the game. Gio took over and by the end of the game there seemed to be tiny holes he could squeeze through.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 03:04 PM)Bryan Wrote: In the title instead of Nomore, you should've put Nevermore.

Poefect
Reply/Quote
if someone is or will be looking for a job in the near future....fomr the Cincinnati Business Journal

Pro Football Focus is planning to create 39 full-time positions that will create $3,128,795 in annual payroll in addition to retaining $295,000 in existing payroll in the city of Cincinnati. The website for football data and analytics that provides information for NFL and college football coaches, players and agents is planning to establish a headquarters in the city to broaden and enhance its services. The company received approval for a 45 percent, 6-year tax credit that would keep it in the area for at least nine years. The credit is estimated to be worth $247,000

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 01:38 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: 2. Old man bump

4. No one. He beat Jones once. Dre once. (Push off) but other than that, he was beating LBs and Reggie in zones and getting YAC. He wasn't as impressive as his stats say TBH. 

And Shawn Williams who was playing a lot.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 11:04 AM)Shady Wrote: Thanks, Truck!!

Well, this explains Hill's lack of success:

Plus

How did Boling and Zeitler grade out?
No problemo :)

Boling was slightly negative at -0.2. Not a strong day for him run blocking.
Zeitler was slightly worse at -0.7. Both got same run blocking grade, penalty grade and gave up a hurry each, but Boling's pass pro grade was higher.

No problem and I know, I'm going to be super ticked if, at the very least, we don't get raw stats; I can live without the grades but the stats are important.

1. +7.4 in '13 against the Vikings.
2. +6.8 Last year at Saints.
3. +6.3 in '13 against the Colts.
4. +5.9 in '13 against the Jets.
5. Yesterday

2. AJ's 2 penalties took -0.9 off his grade and run blocking took -0.1 off his grade, otherwise, he was identical to Smith!

3. Eifert will be fine, just flukey crap like always.

4. 3 words: Ray Rice Syndrome. (and I mean ON the field)

(09-28-2015, 11:25 AM)TGISunday Wrote: Didn't get to see the game yesterday.   Where's Iloka? And why is Carter an idiot?

Iloka -0.8; 2 MTs and one on Smith's 50 yard TD.

Carter is an idiot because even an institutionalised person knows not to stick your hand in a QB's face, a second and a half after he's thrown the ball.

(09-28-2015, 11:32 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I've already done that. Well, it wasn't long, but it was to the point. They didn't take it too well.  Cry

Good luck.

Thanks. I'm going to try to appeal to their heart, if even to give me their sheets on how to grade, with proper scores and everything; then I'll grade the games myself every Sunday :) (though I doubt it happens).

(09-28-2015, 01:02 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Out of curiousness, what was Hawk's score.

-0.2. Depsite the slight negative, I felt he had a good game; led the team in total tackles!

(09-28-2015, 03:04 PM)Bryan Wrote: In the title instead of Nomore, you should've put Nevermore.

(09-28-2015, 03:28 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Poefect

Indeed! I failed at a chance for perfect puns.
Reply/Quote