Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
PFF #3, Late
Sorry for the lateness, folks, I wanted to watch the game before posting... and now I have! Defense were studs, both our QBs looked great, but as usual, people overrate because they hate Andy... Anyways, grades are as follows:

Top 5 on O:

1. Toasted Macarron with a +3.2. He looked great indeed, with some great throws. Nothing else to say, really.

2. Boling with a +1.9. Great pulling all night long. Good bounceback from Tampa.

3. Andy with a +1.8. Also looked great, made every throw and ran well too. Nothing else to stay either.

4. Winston with a +1.7. What a G; hard blocking, boss on that screen, the best 3rd tackle in the game.

5. Gio-van with a +1.3. Lovely job again, but don't put him back here on punts, please?

Top 3 on Chi-town:

1. Matt Slauson +2.0
2. Hroniss Grasu +1.6
3. Vladimir Ducasse +0.7

Bottom 5 on O:

Hawkinson -1.8 (wow, he's completely lost it)

O'Donnell -2.3 (would've loved to have seen him make the team, but no chance now)

France -2.5 (useless)

Uzomah -3.4 (rough night blocking, but we know he's not a blocker)

Fisher -9.0 (Comedy of errors)

Top 5 on D:

1. Vinnie Rey +2.1. He looked much better this time 'round, though still nothing special.

2. Hardison +1.3. Nice batted pass, great motor as usual.

3. Geno with a +0.9. He's (still) baaaaaaack.

4. Iloka with a +0.8. Great job by George, he had some great tackles on run plays.

5. Nelson with a [b+0.8[/b]. Identical snap count, identical tackles, identical grade. Also had some great tackles.

Top 3 for Chi-Town:

1. Willie Young +4.5
2. David Carter +1.5
3. Kyle Fuller +1.4

Bottom 5 on D:

Keo -0.3 (cut him)

Roach -0.4 (PS him)

Adam Jones -0.5 (teach him... to not facemask)

Peko -0.6 (keep him... for only this year)

Flowers -1.3 (what the hell was that? Turrible)

On teams, Burkhead, Peerman, Huber and Tate were tops, Hardison, PJ and Keo (no surprise) were at the bottom.

Can't wait to see the backups this week! Big Grin
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Fisher was shit, but those 2 times were he was flagged for being too far off the Line were dumb.

The LG was just as far off, Fisher looks to him because he can't see the C, wasn't really his fault but they'll get it straightened out.

He's not ready anyways, looked alright as an extra lineman in heavy formations tho which we'll probably see more of.
Reply/Quote
What did Chris Carter grade out at?
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
I wanna cut Peko bad
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 01:07 AM)Element Wrote: I wanna cut Peko bad

He's a good locker room leader and knows the scheme but yeah lol I agree he's a weakness out there and we got so many explosive young DTs that well end up cuttin someone more useful then him
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
I was starting to panic and was worried that there wouldn't be the PFF review from Truck that we all have come to know and love.

Thanks for doing these.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 11:40 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Sorry for the lateness, folks, I wanted to watch the game before posting... and now I have! Defense were studs, both our QBs looked great, but as usual, people overrate because they hate Andy... Anyways, grades are as follows:

Top 5 on O:

1. Toasted Macarron with a +3.2. He looked great indeed, with some great throws. Nothing else to say, really.

2. Boling with a +1.9. Great pulling all night long. Good bounceback from Tampa.

3. Andy with a +1.8. Also looked great, made every throw and ran well too. Nothing else to stay either.

4. Winston with a +1.7. What a G; hard blocking, boss on that screen, the best 3rd tackle in the game.

5. Gio-van with a +1.3. Lovely job again, but don't put him back here on punts, please?

Top 3 on Chi-town:

1. Matt Slauson +2.0
2. Hroniss Grasu +1.6
3. Vladimir Ducasse +0.7

Bottom 5 on O:

Hawkinson -1.8 (wow, he's completely lost it)

O'Donnell -2.3 (would've loved to have seen him make the team, but no chance now)

France -2.5 (useless)

Uzomah -3.4 (rough night blocking, but we know he's not a blocker)

Fisher -9.0 (Comedy of errors)

Top 5 on D:

1. Vinnie Rey +2.1. He looked much better this time 'round, though still nothing special.

2. Hardison +1.3. Nice batted pass, great motor as usual.

3. Geno with a +0.9. He's (still) baaaaaaack.

4. Iloka with a +0.8. Great job by George, he had some great tackles on run plays.

5. Nelson with a [b+0.8[/b]. Identical snap count, identical tackles, identical grade. Also had some great tackles.

Top 3 for Chi-Town:

1. Willie Young +4.5
2. David Carter +1.5
3. Kyle Fuller +1.4

Bottom 5 on D:

Keo -0.3 (cut him)

Roach -0.4 (PS him)

Adam Jones -0.5 (teach him... to not facemask)

Peko -0.6 (keep him... for only this year)

Flowers -1.3 (what the hell was that? Turrible)

On teams, Burkhead, Peerman, Huber and Tate were tops, Hardison, PJ and Keo (no surprise) were at the bottom.

Can't wait to see the backups this week! Big Grin

Thank you and great work as always.  Would you happen to know how Hunt graded out? And Carter?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 11:48 PM)EatonFan Wrote: What did Chris Carter grade out at?

(09-01-2015, 08:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Thank you and great work as always.  Would you happen to know how Hunt graded out? And Carter?

Carter was +0.6, as his run game work was not stellar. Hunt was +0.4 and positive (albeit minimal) in each facet.
They posted the updated grades today, btw and Andy has vaulted ahead of AJ and Winston is now our highest.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 09:23 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Carter was +0.6, as his run game work was not stellar. Hunt was +0.4 and positive (albeit minimal) in each facet.
They posted the updated grades today, btw and Andy has vaulted ahead of AJ and Winston is now our highest.

That surprises me. Hunt has looked as bad as usual lately.

Also, not taking away anything from Andy, but AJM definitely looked like the better QB out there. He made some plays and throws under pressure that were rare to see as a Bengals fan. Since PFF does cumulative grading, it surprises me that AJM isn't higher than Andy due to sheer volume of quality play, but they were both excellent out there.

Good to see the team bounce back in the game that's the closest to a regular season game as you're going to get for the first stringers.
Reply/Quote
Preseason Game 3 best summed up... Everyone aside from Fisher was ok. Fisher was bad, dreadfully bad. Bodine isn't far behind.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 09:23 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Carter was +0.6, as his run game work was not stellar. Hunt was +0.4 and positive (albeit minimal) in each facet.

Did they say why they made the changes?  I didn't see the game, but I'm curious as to why AD vaulted AJ Mc in the final grades.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 09:29 AM)djs7685 Wrote: That surprises me. Hunt has looked as bad as usual lately.

Also, not taking away anything from Andy, but AJM definitely looked like the better QB out there. He made some plays and throws under pressure that were rare to see as a Bengals fan. Since PFF does cumulative grading, it surprises me that AJM isn't higher than Andy due to sheer volume of quality play, but they were both excellent out there.

Good to see the team bounce back in the game that's the closest to a regular season game as you're going to get for the first stringers.

Edit: My bad so I will edit, I don't agree with AD being ranked ahead of AJ.
AJ was rated almost twice as high as AD. Did AD have an incomplete pass? AD also had some great scrambles (2 in one drive) and moved well in the pocket in my opinion. AJ did some very good things, great throws as well as great movement in the pocket. As you mentioned, he also played more so had more opportunity. I think the QB grades are spot on.

I think Hunt looked very good. For those who say all he did was use power, power is a weapon and he ran right through OL from the Bears,
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I swear the ball carrier was facemasking Adam Jones first and then they both were but Jones got called.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 10:24 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Edit: My bad so I will edit, I don't agree with AD being ranked ahead of AJ.
AJ was rated almost twice as high as AD. Did AD have an incomplete pass? AD also had some great scrambles (2 in one drive) and moved well in the pocket in my opinion. AJ did some very good things, great throws as well as great movement in the pocket. As you mentioned, he also played more so had more opportunity. I think the QB grades are spot on.

I think Hunt looked very good. For those who say all he did was use power, power is a weapon and he ran right through OL from the Bears,

Yeah the only reason I think AJM would have been higher is that with PFF using cumulative grading that his volume would have put him at least slightly ahead. AD looked great though, so nothing against him. Can't complain either way though, we had 2 QBs that graded out highly, that's never a bad thing!

All Hunt did was use power against garbage backups though, that's kind of Hunt's thing. He overpowers crappy players in preseason and then Bengals fans hype him. We've seen it before and I'm sure we'll see it again. He has been nonexistent outside of a couple plays where he still shows zero technique as an edge defender. Power is a weapon, but power alone isn't going to get you very far when you have to play against starting caliber players on solid teams throughout the regular season.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 11:08 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Yeah the only reason I think AJM would have been higher is that with PFF using cumulative grading that his volume would have put him at least slightly ahead. AD looked great though, so nothing against him. Can't complain either way though, we had 2 QBs that graded out highly, that's never a bad thing!

All Hunt did was use power against garbage backups though, that's kind of Hunt's thing. He overpowers crappy players in preseason and then Bengals fans hype him. We've seen it before and I'm sure we'll see it again. He has been nonexistent outside of a couple plays where he still shows zero technique as an edge defender. Power is a weapon, but power alone isn't going to get you very far when you have to play against starting caliber players on solid teams throughout the regular season.

I think some of our fans think only of DL's contribution rushing the passer.

Hunt is a strong man and plays the run well in my opinion. His power bodes well against the run and why he can play DT and DE which is a positive.

I agree on AJ and AD. It was nice to see both play well and we are one injury away for needing AJ to save our season. He looked 10 times better than he did against TB so I was very happy with the progress in one week.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 10:24 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think Hunt looked very good. For those who say all he did was use power, power is a weapon and he ran right through OL from the Bears,

I agree.  I don't understand what they expect a LDE to be doing in such a spot? 
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 11:08 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Yeah the only reason I think AJM would have been higher is that with PFF using cumulative grading that his volume would have put him at least slightly ahead. AD looked great though, so nothing against him. Can't complain either way though, we had 2 QBs that graded out highly, that's never a bad thing!

Garbage backups?  I don't think all his snaps came against third or even second team guys.  His sack against Tampa was when he tossed former 1st round pick Godser Cherilous aside.  I'm excited for what I think will be the year he becomes a solid contributor.  Most importantly, if he can wear down opposing RTs while keeping Dunlap fresh, Carlos will only be more effective in getting to the QB. 
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 12:21 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Garbage backups?  I don't think all his snaps came against third or even second team guys.  His sack against Tampa was when he tossed former 1st round pick Godser Cherilous aside.  I'm excited for what I think will be the year he becomes a solid contributor.  Most importantly, if he can wear down opposing RTs while keeping Dunlap fresh, Carlos will only be more effective in getting to the QB. 

Using "former 1st round pick" is really misleading. Would it be impressive if I told you that a CB intercepted a pass from "FORMER #1 OVERALL PICK......Ryan Leaf"?? C'mon, man.

You have a really strong opinion of Hunt that is seen by many from thread to thread, I'm not going to sit here and argue because I know you're not going to change your mind no matter what I say and no matter how many details anyone gives you of his mediocre or worse play. He isn't good against the run, he isn't good at rushing the passer, and he basically has as close to zero technique as you can get as an NFL player. Meh, I'm sure this conversation can resume next offseason because that's probably the next time we see anything from him, unless he blows up some backups in a bull rush in week 4 of this preseason of course.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 01:03 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Using "former 1st round pick" is really misleading. Would it be impressive if I told you that a CB intercepted a pass from "FORMER #1 OVERALL PICK......Ryan Leaf"?? C'mon, man.

You have a really strong opinion of Hunt that is seen by many from thread to thread, I'm not going to sit here and argue because I know you're not going to change your mind no matter what I say and no matter how many details anyone gives you of his mediocre or worse play. He isn't good against the run, he isn't good at rushing the passer, and he basically has as close to zero technique as you can get as an NFL player. Meh, I'm sure this conversation can resume next offseason because that's probably the next time we see anything from him, unless he blows up some backups in a bull rush in week 4 of this preseason of course.

The coaches have spoke highly of hunt before so they might hang onto him for one more year. the DL is probly the most interesting as far as figuring out whos staying and who goes.

Personally i feel Peko and Still need upgraded. Both of them. And with Gilberry and Clark playing well on the outside they might hold onto Hunt with MJ being hurt.

Either way we will know here in 5 days.
Reply/Quote
According to CincyJungle, PFF has rated Devon Still very highly the past two weeks.

Quote:he has performed very well in both of his preseason games since. Against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in preseason week two, Still received the third highest grade on the team from Pro Football Focus (+3.8) due to an extremely good pass rush score (+3.5) that was partially a result of hurrying the opposing quarterback twice and recording a tackle, an assisted tackle, and a stop.

Still's ability to shed blocks and disrupt the backfield has been his calling card in the 2015 preseason.

Against the Chicago Bears in the third week of the preseason, Still struggled a bit against the run but received the highest pass rush grade on the team from Pro Football Focus (+1.4), once again hurrying the quarterback twice. For a roster bubble player who has struggled to prove his worth to the team on the field since being drafted, he has been having a fantastic preseason.

To be honest, I really hadn't noticed him playing that well. I'd all but counted him out, but evidently he might still have a shot to make the 53.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote