Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
PFF #3, Late
(09-01-2015, 01:09 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: The coaches have spoke highly of hunt before so they might hang onto him for one more year.  the DL is probly the most interesting as far as figuring out whos staying and who goes.

Personally i feel Peko and Still need upgraded. Both of them.   And with Gilberry and Clark playing well on the outside they might hold onto Hunt with MJ being hurt.

Either way we will know here in 5 days.

We've kept plenty of miserable backups around, so I don't know how telling it will be if he makes the roster.

It won't mean that he's a good football player, but yeah, I won't be shocked if he's still here when the season begins.
Reply/Quote
A -0.4 PFF for ROACH!!!! Pull his Jersey!! In the 11 snaps he had against DA Bears, I would have expected 5 solo tackles (all for losses), 4 assisted tackles, 1 blocked passed and 1 sack. I don't care that he was in the nickel 90% of the time. Make him the water boy!!! LOL! :-))
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 01:03 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Using "former 1st round pick" is really misleading. Would it be impressive if I told you that a CB intercepted a pass from "FORMER #1 OVERALL PICK......Ryan Leaf"?? C'mon, man.

You have a really strong opinion of Hunt that is seen by many from thread to thread, I'm not going to sit here and argue because I know you're not going to change your mind no matter what I say and no matter how many details anyone gives you of his mediocre or worse play. He isn't good against the run, he isn't good at rushing the passer, and he basically has as close to zero technique as you can get as an NFL player. Meh, I'm sure this conversation can resume next offseason because that's probably the next time we see anything from him, unless he blows up some backups in a bull rush in week 4 of this preseason of course.

I didn't think Godser Cherilous deserved to be lumped in a category with Ryan Leaf.  Leaf was an instant turd who never developed in to a starter.  Cherilous has had a very successful NFL career. 

I guess he graded a +.4 against some first and second teamers because he can't rush the passer or stop the run. 

My "really strong opinion" as you call is has basically been one of defending the blind "he does nothing" posts.  I don't think I have made any claims about him taking a starters role or being a Pro Bowl talent.  However, I do take the time to isolate nearly all the so-called roster bubble players on all their snaps.  Hunt, as I have stated before, was the only one on many of his snaps that was consistently collapsing the pocket from his side.  This, in his second game this season off a back injury with a total of about 8 practices under his belt.  I see him as a positive that can provide quality depth and a rotation of Dunlap (which helps him as well) at the LDE position.  I haven't seen any other player on the defensive line do that so I feel he will make the squad. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 08:19 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: 1. I didn't think Godser Cherilous deserved to be lumped in a category with Ryan Leaf.  Leaf was an instant turd who never developed in to a starter.  Cherilous has had a very successful NFL career. 

2. I guess he graded a +.4 against some first and second teamers because he can't rush the passer or stop the run. 

3. My "really strong opinion" as you call is has basically been one of defending the blind "he does nothing" posts.  I don't think I have made any claims about him taking a starters role or being a Pro Bowl talent.  However, I do take the time to isolate nearly all the so-called roster bubble players on all their snaps.  Hunt, as I have stated before, was the only one on many of his snaps that was consistently collapsing the pocket from his side.  This, in his second game this season off a back injury with a total of about 8 practices under his belt.  I see him as a positive that can provide quality depth and a rotation of Dunlap (which helps him as well) at the LDE position.  I haven't seen any other player on the defensive line do that so I feel he will make the squad. 

1. Seems like you have a loose definition of "very successful NFL career". Let's pretend that he had a great career, what does that mean for today? Hunt didn't line up against him 4 years ago, it was just a week or two ago. He's not good right now, so saying "former first round pick" is very misleading.

2. He can't. He's not good. Please don't use PFF grades as proof of your claim because then I'm going to have to hold that against you and make you look like a complete hypocrite. You constantly defend players that grade out poorly, so let's not pretend that PFF should matter in your opinion. You can't just pull PFF numbers as proof when it's convenient and then ignore them otherwise.

3. Your really strong opinion is a really strong opinion because you're one of the very few defending Hunt in the manner that you consistently do from thread to thread. Other people have called you out on your bias too, so I'm not the only one that sees it. Hunt isn't good, and if you think he is after isolating his snaps, I no longer value your opinion whatsoever when it comes to 4-3 DEs. The only thing you seem to be getting right is that he will make the team, but only because the team won't give up on the Hunt project quite yet. Dunlap is a 3 down guy, he plays 85% of the team's snaps. This d-line wants to run a rotation, yes, but Dunlap isn't one of the guys moving very often.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 08:54 AM)djs7685 Wrote: 1. Seems like you have a loose definition of "very successful NFL career". Let's pretend that he had a great career, what does that mean for today? Hunt didn't line up against him 4 years ago, it was just a week or two ago. He's not good right now, so saying "former first round pick" is very misleading.

2. He can't. He's not good. Please don't use PFF grades as proof of your claim because then I'm going to have to hold that against you and make you look like a complete hypocrite. You constantly defend players that grade out poorly, so let's not pretend that PFF should matter in your opinion. You can't just pull PFF numbers as proof when it's convenient and then ignore them otherwise.

3. Your really strong opinion is a really strong opinion because you're one of the very few defending Hunt in the manner that you consistently do from thread to thread. Other people have called you out on your bias too, so I'm not the only one that sees it. Hunt isn't good, and if you think he is after isolating his snaps, I no longer value your opinion whatsoever when it comes to 4-3 DEs. The only thing you seem to be getting right is that he will make the team, but only because the team won't give up on the Hunt project quite yet. Dunlap is a 3 down guy, he plays 85% of the team's snaps. This d-line wants to run a rotation, yes, but Dunlap isn't one of the guys moving very often.

1.) My line of "former first round pick" is misleading?  He was selected 18th overall and his SECOND NFL CONTRACT was for 3 yrs/35 million.  You equate that to Ryan Leaf and I'm being misleading?  Hello Kettle?  You're black!

2.)My use of PFF is just like anyone else's.  They are supposed to be an objective measure.  And here is the "you constantly" and "you pull them out"  and "you ignore" and a threat of using my use of those numbers against my argument that Hunt has simply "played well".  Everyone was loving what they saw from Carter (myself included) and hammering Hunt for doing "nothing" when Carter was rated a +.6 and Hunt was rated a +.4.  Why is that not at least a valid comparison?  Hunt was also asked to defend the run as well as rush the passer.  Carter was lined up to rush the passer only.  I think Hunt showed well in both facets.  You don't.  That's fine.  But what is with the attacks of me supporting Hunt?  You talk about my overwhelming "bias" when you kill the guy and say "he can't rush the passer, he can't stop the run".  What did he ever do to you?  Steal your lunch money?

3.) I don't care if I am "one of the only ones supporting Hunt" and I sure as hell don't give a crap if you "no longer value my opinion whatsoever".  OUCH!  That hurts!  Please, please...value my opinion!  I need your love.  Without it, I have no value in this world.  Jesus, aren't you just a little full of yourself?  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 09:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: 1.) My line of "former first round pick" is misleading?  He was selected 18th overall and his SECOND NFL CONTRACT was for 3 yrs/35 million.  You equate that to Ryan Leaf and I'm being misleading?  Hello Kettle?  You're black!

2.)My use of PFF is just like anyone else's.  They are supposed to be an objective measure.  And here is the "you constantly" and "you pull them out"  and "you ignore" and a threat of using my use of those numbers against my argument that Hunt has simply "played well".  Everyone was loving what they saw from Carter (myself included) and hammering Hunt for doing "nothing" when Carter was rated a +.6 and Hunt was rated a +.4.  Why is that not at least a valid comparison?  Hunt was also asked to defend the run as well as rush the passer.  Carter was lined up to rush the passer only.  I think Hunt showed well in both facets.  You don't.  That's fine.  But what is with the attacks of me supporting Hunt?  You talk about my overwhelming "bias" when you kill the guy and say "he can't rush the passer, he can't stop the run".  What did he ever do to you?  Steal your lunch money?

3.) I don't care if I am "one of the only ones supporting Hunt" and I sure as hell don't give a crap if you "no longer value my opinion whatsoever".  OUCH!  That hurts!  Please, please...value my opinion!  I need your love.  Without it, I have no value in this world.  Jesus, aren't you just a little full of yourself?  

You don't seem very bright. I mentioned an extreme (Leaf) just to show why draft position is silly. Now you're using a contract that he got years ago while ignoring that he's a BACKUP on a garbage team. You're really proving how good he is!

He didn't steal my lunch money, and I don't "kill" the guy, he just isn't a very good football player. He's athletic as all hell, and he can certainly bull rush some backups, I'll give him credit for that. He isn't a good football player, he doesn't have good technique, and he doesn't do all of the crap you always say that he does. Let's play your lunch money game, IS HE YOUR BROTHER OR SOMETHING?!?!

I'm very full of myself. I was just letting you know that I no longer value your opinion on the topic because of your obsession and clear bias. I couldn't care less what you think about it, I was just letting you know. It's a public message board, stop acting like such a weirdo in conversations. Do you not understand how to interact with people?
Reply/Quote