Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF All-Decade Top 101
Geno, AJ, and Dunlap all made the list (as did Big Whit).

31. DI GENO ATKINS

No interior defender notched more total pressures over the past decade than Geno Atkins, who pressured the quarterback 577 times across 10 seasons. In fact, he finished the decade with 68 more pressures than any other interior pass-rusher, which, as a figure in itself, would have ranked second only to Aaron Donald in 2019. Atkins also owns one of the best single seasons we have ever seen from a defensive tackle, back when he posted a grade of 93.9 in 2012. Atkins graded above 90.0 three times in the decade and has been a consistently dominant force as a pass-rusher.

38. WR A.J. GREEN

If you set the threshold high enough, only Julio Jones and Antonio Brown gained more yards per route run than A.J. Green did over the past decade (2.39). That’s about the best way of summing up Green’s decade, as being right there with the very best — and most productive — receivers in football. We were robbed of a whole season-plus of his play due to injury over the past couple of years, but Green has been one of the toughest covers for defenses since he entered the NFL.

89. EDGE CARLOS DUNLAP

One of the most underrated players of his generation, Carlos Dunlap has been a consistently excellent player in the NFL for the entire decade. Drafted in 2010, Dunlap has never had an overall PFF grade below 70.0. That comes on the back of nine straight seasons with 45 or more total pressures, topping out with 80 back in 2015 when he, along with most of the Bengals, enjoyed career seasons. Dunlap has been an impressive run defender and pass rusher, but he doesn’t get the credit he deserves because his best play falls just short of the top players at the position.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-all-decade-top-101-best-nfl-players-2010s
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Two of the better players the Bengals have ever had. I hope they can see some success to end their careers.
Reply/Quote
Dunlap is on the list in the 70s I believe. 4 bengals players including whitworth since he was a Bengal for the majority, isn't too bad at all.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2020, 08:25 AM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Dunlap is on the list in the 70s I believe. 4 bengals players including whitworth since he was a Bengal for the majority, isn't too bad at all.

Damn, I missed Big Los. Shame on me. He was #89. I’ll add him to the OP.

Reply/Quote
I see PFF agrees Dunlap is an extremely underrated player, too. I’ve been saying it for years. :D

Reply/Quote
(05-15-2020, 08:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I see PFF agrees Dunlap is an extremely underrated player, too. I’ve been saying it for years. Big Grin

Carlos is easily on the top 5 underrated Bengals of all time list.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2020, 08:25 AM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Dunlap is on the list in the 70s I believe. 4 bengals players including whitworth since he was a Bengal for the majority, isn't too bad at all.

32 teams and you have 3 players plus Whit who was here forever is really good...
Reply/Quote
Eifert could have been on that list if he weren't made of glass. It's a shame...
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2020, 11:25 AM)spazz70 Wrote: 32 teams and you have 3 players plus Whit who was here forever is really good...

Plus we drafted Jonathan Joseph.

Reply/Quote
Where were JJo & Whit?
Reply/Quote
Great stuff, made me have some respect for PFF here. Think they are spot on with Geno, AJ and Big Los.

Los is really underrated, always thought so, he is better than Clowney who gets so much love. Not fair.
Reply/Quote
Burfict and Eifert would have both been on this list if they had styed healthy.

I am sure there are dozens of other guys who can say the same thing, but those two were actual "game changers" when they were 100%.

It would have still been bad if we had only gotten 2 or 3 years out of each of them, but it is downright tragic that we just got one great season from each.  Just enough to show us what we were going to miss out on.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2020, 02:16 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Where were JJo & Whit?

Whit was 21, JJ 94.

Reply/Quote
(05-15-2020, 05:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Burfict and Eifert would have both been on this list if they had styed healthy.

I am sure there are dozens of other guys who can say the same thing, but those two were actual "game changers" when they were 100%.

It would have still been bad if we had only gotten 2 or 3 years out of each of them, but it is downright tragic that we just got one great season from each.  Just enough to show us what we were going to miss out on.

And it was obviously more than just injuries with Burfict. The suspensions really added up.

Reply/Quote
(05-15-2020, 05:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Burfict and Eifert would have both been on this list if they had styed healthy.

Technically, out of Burfict, we got 1 Elite year (2013), 1 PB-Worthy year (2012) and 3 very good years that were cut short due to suspension/injury (2015, 2016, 2017). Really, only 2014 and 2018 were bad seasons for him (and even then, 2014 wasn't as bad as 2018 was).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Evan Mathis was also on the list. That's pretty impressive to have six players on the list who were either on the team or still on the team.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2020, 01:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But I always hear Duke Tobin sucks!

Well he did let 3 of those guys go. Like I always said good drafter bad at signing free agents.
J24

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2020, 01:18 PM)J24 Wrote: Well he did let 3 of those guys go. Like I always said good drafter bad at signing free agents.

He doesn’t sign the paychecks...

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2020, 01:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He doesn’t sign the paychecks...

He is the defacto GM here he deserves credit when things go right and blame when things go wrong. The past decade he deserved both.
J24

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2020, 01:25 PM)J24 Wrote: He is the defacto GM here he deserves credit when things go right and blame when things go wrong. The past decade he deserved both.

If you honestly think Tobin (and Marvin) wouldn’t have liked the ability to bring in better FA’s over the years idk what to tell you. It’s obvious who controlled that. The man with the money.

Reply/Quote