Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Dak next week
(09-12-2022, 01:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Cooper Rush and Flacco the next 2 weeks. If we aren’t 2-1 something is terribly wrong.

Cant just Write Flacco off...
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 09:48 AM)Rattler Wrote: Parsons is liable to put Burrow on the PUP with Prescott...line is still hot garbage.

I agree.If this sloppy line play continues,I’m afraid we’re going to lose our Quarterback.And if that happens,you know it’s over for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 11:23 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Cant just Write Flacco off...

No you can't, but like he said, if they lose something is wrong.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 11:30 AM)michaelsean Wrote: No you can't, but like he said, if they lose something is wrong.

Correct. Ofc you can’t just pencil in a W, that’s why they play the games. But they absolutely need to take care of business against a team that only won 4 games last season, and will be trotting out a 37 year old backup QB.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 09:46 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: We just lost to Trubisky. It won't matter who the QB is if we can't figure it out on offense.

Trubisky is not an awful QB....he just isn't great.  He has a lifetime winning record 30-21 with 2 of those victories being against the Bengals.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 12:41 PM)pally Wrote: Trubisky is not an awful QB....he just isn't great.  He has a lifetime winning record 30-21 with 2 of those victories being against the Bengals.

He looked pretty limited to me yesterday, but yes I wouldn't say he's awful. Probably a decent stopgap for Pittsburgh, who won't win anything but will keep them ticking over for now.

I think we're walking into a trap game in parts against Dallas here. It's clearly better for us that Dak is out, but I cant remember the last time the Bengals did a good job on a backup QB. We just looked absolutely abysmal, it's a tough enough game as it is, can't recall our last win over Dallas... far from a gimme.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 12:43 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: He looked pretty limited to me yesterday, but yes I wouldn't say he's awful. Probably a decent stopgap for Pittsburgh, who won't win anything but will keep them ticking over for now.

I think we're walking into a trap game in parts against Dallas here. It's clearly better for us that Dak is out, but I cant remember the last time the Bengals did a good job on a backup QB. We just looked absolutely abysmal, it's a tough enough game as it is, can't recall our last win over Dallas... far from a gimme.

Last season against Denver. We made both Bridgewater and Lock look like shit.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 12:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Last season against Denver. We made both Bridgewater and Lock look like shit.

Didn't Lock come into the game, immediately cap off a TD drive and then look good for a TD on the very next drive before the fumble? Granted I wouldn't call two drives 'rinsing our defence' like Mike White did, but I recall Lock coming in and Denver immediately looking better on offence (was shut down after that mind).
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 12:50 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Didn't Lock come into the game, immediately cap off a TD drive and then look good for a TD on the very next drive before the fumble? Granted I wouldn't call two drives 'rinsing our defence' like Mike White did, but I recall Lock coming in and Denver immediately looking better on offence (was shut down after that mind).

True, but I’d still say him only going 6/12, and Kareem stealing his lunch money counts.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 01:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: True, but I’d still say him only going 6/12, and Kareem stealing his lunch money counts.

Yeah, least it only took a couple of drives to bottle him up, whereas Mike White would annihilate every record going if he faced us 17 times a year.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 09:46 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: We just lost to Trubisky. It won't matter who the QB is if we can't figure it out on offense.

Week 1

Trubisky > Burrow
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 01:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Week 1

Trubisky > Burrow

He was pretty bad himself. They blow us out easily with even decent QB play yesterday. He only completed 55% of his passes, and was sailing balls all day.

I think they’ll go to Kenny 2 gloves at some point during the season.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 01:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He was pretty bad himself. They blow us out easily with even decent QB play yesterday. He only completed 55% of his passes, and was sailing balls all day.

I think they’ll go to Kenny 2 gloves at some point during the season.

LOL
Reply/Quote
Really need a win next week to right our ship.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 02:07 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Really need a win next week to right our ship.

Yep. The odds for 0-2 team making the playoffs are traditionally not great.

Reply/Quote
Well the betting line moved nearly 10 points because of Dak's injury. Cowboys were 2.5 point favorites now 7 point dogs.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 09:48 AM)Rattler Wrote: Parsons is liable to put Burrow on the PUP with Prescott...line is still hot garbage.

^ This worries me.
Reply/Quote
Cowboys will also be without starting LG Connor McGovern with a high ankle sprain and starting safety Jayron Kearse with a sprained MCL

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 12:41 PM)pally Wrote: Trubisky is not an awful QB....he just isn't great.  He has a lifetime winning record 30-21 with 2 of those victories being against the Bengals.

I agree.  I think Trubisky is just a bridge QB for Pittsburg.    I wasn't impressed with him yesterday and we honestly didn't lose to him in so much as we had EVERYTHING go wrong.    I've said it a number of times, the Bengals had no business being in that game with the number of mistakes made.    In my mind, if Trubiski had beat us, then Pittsburg would have blown us out given the number of turnovers.   That just didn't happen.    
Reply/Quote