Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF- Bengals: Best team in AFC?
PFF founder Neil Hornsby tells Chris Collinsworth why the Bengals are the best in AFC. Watch here.
Reply/Quote
Lol. No homerism there! Ha ha. I agree with him. Big Grin
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 01:31 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Lol. No homerism there! Ha ha. I agree with him.  Big Grin

For a former Cincinnati receiver, Collinsworth shows so much love to the Steelers he'd marry them if he could.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals are truly going to take the next step this season, this is a game we need badly. And we can win it if we limit the mistakes. Can't have a 10 penalty game, have to limit the turnovers, and can't implode at the first sign of adversity.

I fully believe this game will be won or lost by our lines. Ben isn't as umm mobile as he used to be, they have to hit him and get him on the ground.

And they have to give Andy much more time then they did in the last game.

Do this and this is a winnable game.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 01:53 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: For a former Cincinnati receiver, Collinsworth shows so much love to the Steelers he'd marry them if he could.

I don't think it's Steeler love.  He's a Bengal through and through.  How many times have we swept the Steelers in a year?  Out of all the teams in our division, the Steelers play us the toughest year after year.  Collinsworth HATES the Steelers, he gives them their due because they have earned it.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 02:34 PM)fullonbehavior Wrote: I don't think it's Steeler love.  He's a Bengal through and through.  How many times have we swept the Steelers in a year?  Out of all the teams in our division, the Steelers play us the toughest year after year.  Collinsworth HATES the Steelers, he gives them their due because they have earned it.

If you watched the Steelers / Colts game, you wouldn't say he hates the Steelers.  He was multi-orgasmic that entire game in his excitement over them.  Really over the top!
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Collinsworth does a great job of hiding his Bengal love on the air. I think he sometimes gets a little anti-Bengal to ensure no one sees his pro-Bengal bias. This video made me happy because you can see he still is a Bengal thru and thru. Sometimes hard to tell during the broadcast, so props to him for doing his job so well.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 02:36 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: If you watched the Steelers / Colts game, you wouldn't say he hates the Steelers.  He was multi-orgasmic that entire game in his excitement over them.  Really over the top!

It was a terrible game.
You have to act like that. 
Reply/Quote
I think he mentioned how tough Big Jen was a few times
Reply/Quote
It's easy to overstate the importance of a single regular season game, and if the Bengals lose tomorrow - they are obviously still very well positioned playoff wise. However, I do think as the PFF guy said, this is a real acid test for just how good they really are. It's basically a playoff game against their nemesis. We'll soon find out if the 2015 Bengals are Super Bowl contenders, or one and done duds.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 02:21 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: If the Bengals are truly going to take the next step this season, this is a game we need badly. And we can win it if we limit the mistakes. Can't have a 10 penalty game, have to limit the turnovers, and can't implode at the first sign of adversity.

I fully believe this game will be won or lost by our lines. Ben isn't as umm mobile as he used to be, they have to hit him and get him on the ground.

And they have to give Andy much more time then they did in the last game.

Do this and this is a winnable game.

Exactly!!!  We can't be having the pre-snap penalties that end up being drive killers and costing us points.  They all, including coaches, need to have their heads in the game.  If we don't have Jones, it is going to be a tough game, but we can and should win this one.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
Dork is still an asshat. First he says the other dude is going to get bashed for saying the Bengals were good, showing what a wuss he is, not having the balls to stand up and say they're good. Then he tells the guy to whisper, like there's some murderous hoard waiting to kill anyone that says the Bengals are good.

Asshat extraordinaire.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 06:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Dork is still an asshat. First he says the other dude is going to get bashed for saying the Bengals were good, showing what a wuss he is, not having the balls to stand up and say they're good. Then he tells the guy to whisper, like there's some murderous hoard waiting to kill anyone that says the Bengals are good.

Asshat extraordinaire.

Yep!!! 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
Obviously we need to play sharp and not make mistakes. Outside of that I think the player who most has to step his game up is Bodine. Most of our problems on offense in the first game were due to him just getting utterly owned in both pass and run blocking.
When your Center gets dominated like that the entire offense is left struggling.
Reply/Quote
Chris is a dick! He's just jumping on the bandwagon now. He's not a supporter, he's a douchebag! He should move to shitsburg and become an announcer there. He loves them too much not to.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 02:34 PM)fullonbehavior Wrote: I don't think it's Steeler love.  He's a Bengal through and through.  How many times have we swept the Steelers in a year?  Out of all the teams in our division, the Steelers play us the toughest year after year.  Collinsworth HATES the Steelers, he gives them their due because they have earned it.

We have earned our due also... actually we have earned even more over the last 4 years than the Steelers
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 08:57 PM)Joelist Wrote: Obviously we need to play sharp and not make mistakes. Outside of that I think the player who most has to step his game up is Bodine. Most of our problems on offense in the first game were due to him just getting utterly owned in both pass and run blocking.
When your Center gets dominated like that the entire offense is left struggling.

our line did not play well together, we got beat several times on the edge, we did a bad job of picking up blitz with our RB's also.. Bodine is important but you can double at center also with a guard, so the center can still have a rough game and you can win
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 12:54 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: our line did not play well together, we got beat several times on the edge, we did a bad job of picking up blitz with our RB's also.. Bodine is important but you can double at center also with a guard, so the center can still have a rough game and you can win

We only got beat a couple of times on the edges. Really Bodine was the big problem as he got dominated in both run and pass coverage (he also stunk it up against the Texans and the Cardinals). And when we had to have the Guard help over (Boling) they shot Boling's gap. In the AZ game we finally started using mass protect late in the game and got back into it - hopefully we just go mass protect from the outset this time out.
Reply/Quote

(12-12-2015, 02:40 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Collinsworth does a great job of hiding his Bengal love on the air. I think he sometimes gets a little anti-Bengal to ensure no one sees his pro-Bengal bias. This video made me happy because you can see he still is a Bengal thru and thru. Sometimes hard to tell during the broadcast, so props to him for doing his job so well.

Rep to the two of you.  Although I'm not a big fan of his as a broadcaster, I definitely don't think he shows a bias against the Bengals and for the Steelers. He props both teams when it's warranted and hates on both of them when they need it as well.

He's definitely still bleeds orange and black, just like other former bengals who now do commentary and also occasionally come off as negative toward the organization.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote