Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF - Best Case Draft Scenario
PFF posted an article for what they believe is the best draft scenario for all 32 teams.
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2024-nfl-draft-best-case-scenarios-all-32-nfl-teams

For the Bengals, here is what they said:
Quote:Goal: Plug holes on offense and improve the secondary
Ideal first pick: TE Brock Bowers or a new right tackle

The Bengals will be AFC contenders in any year that Joe Burrow is healthy. Their goals should always involve improving around their star quarterback.
Burrow has never had a weapon at tight end near Brock Bowers’ talent level. Bowers falling to the 18th pick is unlikely but certainly not impossible. If he is on the board, they should sprint to the podium to take him.
If Bowers isn’t an option, there are plenty of talented players they could add along the offensive line. Alabama’s J.C. Latham and Georgia’s Amarius Mims fit the bill as proven pass protectors with extensive experience at right tackle.
Cincinnati struggled with coverage over the middle this past season. While Jordan Battle was a nice selection at safety in last year’s draft, the team could double up this year with someone like USC’s Calen Bullock, who has plenty of range on the backend.

Do y'all agree with PFF's thoughts?
If not, what do you think is a more ideal scenario and why?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Have to agree with them, if Brock Bowers is there, we will pick him from what we are hearing from Duke and the coaches. Unlikely he falls
that far but as they said, not impossible. I am liking JC Latham more and more even if Bama OL have been disappointments lately. Latham
is very powerful and physical and that is what we need at RT after Jonah who is anything but this. Fuaga I like much more than Mims and I
actually like Fuaga better than any RT for us that is realistic.

Newton or Murphy at 3-tech are also possibilities if either one is there and if all these guys are gone I could see a WR like Brian Thomas Jr
or a trade back and selecting an OT, Center or T'Vondre Sweat.
Reply/Quote
Now that Tee is tagged the Bengals should be seeking to get better in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Without Boyd I think we're going to see more two TE sets, but not enough to get a TE in the 1st. The DE room is crowded, but there is room for a good player.
The draft is deep with RTs, but FA is not, and the point is to improve as much as possible. So RT is still a likelihood, but not worth reaching past BPA.
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 05:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: PFF posted an article for what they believe is the best draft scenario for all 32 teams.
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2024-nfl-draft-best-case-scenarios-all-32-nfl-teams

For the Bengals, here is what they said:

Do y'all agree with PFF's thoughts?
If not, what do you think is a more ideal scenario and why?
Though I enjoy engaging in mocks it is really mute until after free agency 
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 07:18 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Though I enjoy engaging in mocks it is really mute until after free agency 

You mean moot. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 07:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You mean moot. Mellow

Maybe he just doesn't want to talk about it.... Cool
Reply/Quote
Not sure I agree with their assessment of Mims “proven pass protectors with extensive experience at right tackle.” Who has started in only 8 more games at Georgia than me.
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 07:11 PM)puddycat Wrote: Now that Tee is tagged the Bengals should be seeking to get better in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Without Boyd I think we're going to see more two TE sets, but not enough to get a TE in the 1st. The DE room is crowded, but there is room for a good player.
The draft is deep with RTs, but FA is not, and the point is to improve as much as possible. So RT is still a likelihood, but not worth reaching past BPA.

There's still FA before the draft, and I think (or hope) the Bengals learned their lesson going into the draft with a huge need for a starter with the whole Billy Price fiasco.
I'd like to see some decent RT picked up in FA, or Onwenu ideally.
I'd also like to see some NT picked up (or re-sign Reader to a 1-year or 2-year deal knowing he will have to likely miss the start of the season).
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2024, 02:19 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Not sure I agree with their assessment of Mims “proven pass protectors with extensive experience at right tackle.” Who has started in only 8 more games at Georgia than me.

I agree with you on Mims.
There's Pro Bowl potential, but he's risky.
Gimme a safe player who would be near-guaranteed to at least be solid with potential to be above average.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2024, 11:45 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I agree with you on Mims.
There's Pro Bowl potential, but he's risky.
Gimme a safe player who would be near-guaranteed to at least be solid with potential to be above average.

You mean like Jonah Williams, but without the injuries?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2024, 11:50 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You mean like Jonah Williams, but without the injuries?

I liked Jonah when he was selected, so yes.
I think had Jonah been kept at RT from the start, perhaps he would have turned out to be better than he was.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2024, 12:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I liked Jonah when he was selected, so yes.
I think had Jonah been kept at RT from the start, perhaps he would have turned out to be better than he was.

I also was excited for him being our pick that year, but the injuries really put the brakes on his development as a pro.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I like Newton and JPJ for Round 1, but like Essex said, until FA is over, we have no idea if we will be drafting for Need or BPA.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2024, 01:33 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Maybe he just doesn't want to talk about it.... Cool

i will talk about it after free agency..lol
Reply/Quote