Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Draft Day Finale
The big night is upon us and here is my final PFF Simulation and frankly I really like it.

Round 1 - 31st Selection

[Image: kaiir-elam-v-tenn-2.jpg]

Kaiir Elam - CB - Florida- 6'2" 191

If there is one position that I would be concerned with a single injury it would be CB. Elam should step in and challenge Apple immediately and if he is not CB2 this season then at worst would be first off of the bench. Elam has all the measurables that are needed at the level and the deep speed to go with them. His technique should improve with NFL coaching. Excellent addition to this secondary.

Notables above: Skyy Moore, Lewis Cine, Travis Jones, George Pickens

Round 2 - 63rd Selection

[Image: 17436545.jpeg]

Bryan Cook - S - UC - 6'1" 206

Besides being thin at CB the Bengals are a bit thin on the backend of the secondary as well. With the potential of losing Jessie Bates next season Cook adds depth this season and a very good insurance policy for next season. Cook plays with the Alpha mentality that is desired and answered any questions about his speed by running a 4.34 - 40.

Notables above: Brian Asamoah, Troy Andersen, Kingsley Enagbare, Jalen Tolbert, Nick Cross, Luke Goedeke, Jamaree Saylor

Round 3 - 95th Selection

[Image: luke-fortner-shows-off-versatility-senio...otball.png]

Luke Fortner - C - Kentucky - 6'4" 307

Besides being a very good center prospect Fortner checks all the locker room boxes of character, leadership, and intelligence. Ability to play OG as well. There is a very solid foundation for Pollack to develop with this young man. Really like this addition to the OL room.

Notables above: Kellen Diesch, Dohnovan West, Dominique Robinson, Kyle Philips, Cam Jurgens, Marquis Hayes

Round 4 - 136th Selection

[Image: 10832319.jpg]

Joshua Ezeudu - OG - N.C. - 6'4" 308

After drafting a very good center prospect they go back to the O line and take an outstanding OG prospect in EZ. If you have not watched tape on this kid then do it. He brings emergency OT versatility but his best snaps came at OG where he could be a dominant player in the NFL. Pollack is going to love this kid. If it were me this would be our LG and Carman would be working exclusively as a RT and Smith as a LT.

Notables above: Kellen Diesch, Kevin Austin Jr., Matt Waletko, Damone Clark

Round 5 - 174th Selection

[Image: Brooks_tackle_celebration_2_1_.jpg?prese...mediaimage]

Curtis Brooks - DT - UC - 6'2" 287

This could be one of my favorite selections. This kid deserved a combine invite and his Pro Day confirmed that. He registered top 5 or above performances in every event. Brooks will continue to get stronger and will give the Bengals a serious inside pass rusher and a dynamic 3 technique.

Notables above: Zachary Thomas, Brian Robinson Jr., Ty Chandler

Round 6 - 209th Selection

[Image: usa_today_16979164.jpg]

Matt Araiza - P - San Diego St. - 6'1" 200

I have always supported Huber and been a big fan but the time has arrived to pass the mantle. Araiza has generational leg talent and could provide the lift to the punting game that McPherson did in the kicking game. Special teams will be in good hands for along time with these two legs.

Round 7 - 226th Selection

[Image: JoshWilliamsbackpedal.jpg?resize=819%2C1024&ssl=1]

Joshua Williams - CB - Fayetteville State - 6'3" 195

Very good size to and length at the position and had a good showing at the combine. Scouts have mentioned his body control and natural instincts. Will need some development but could surprise and compete for a roster spot as a rookie. Got a Senior Bowl invite and by accounts had a very good showing and did not seem bothered by the elevation of competition level.

Round 7 - 252nd Selection

[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fstormininnorman.com%2Fwp-c...0x560.jpeg]

Austin Stogner - TE - Oklahoma - 6'6" 251

Stogner saw playing time as a true freshman but a serious knee injury derailed his hot start in 2020 and some suspect that getting the knee back in playing shape accounted for a lackluster '21. A low risk high reward selection that could pay big dividends if he is healthy.
Reply/Quote