Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Expects Us To Sign Thuney!
(03-09-2021, 12:05 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Man, do I like that move by the Patriots.

They sent a 5th round pick for Trent Brown and a 7th round pick.  Brown restructured his deal to be a 1 year deal worth up to 11 million dollars.  (I haven't seen the incentive structure, but I have to believe some of it's tied to games played, as his missed time these last two years)

Seems like a great move to me.  Swap a 5th for a 7th, and get to rent Trent Brown for a year with incentives built in.  Brown is only 27 was widely considered one of the best RT's in the game earlier in his career.

How cool would it have been to plug him in for Bobby Hart this year, for not all that much more money (+4 mil), with protections built in via incentives?

Yeah, I like creative low risk short term stop gaps or fliers on decent to good players that don't require a lot of capital or money.  I think many fans here want a homerun long term locked up difference maker, but that requires so much risk and locked up investment.  To me, we should just focus on stabalizing all of the bleeding that the Bengals are doing first.... for like 1 or 2 years, then start hitting long term super homeruns after that 1 or 2 year transition period when we are hopefully more in a window of contention.
Reply/Quote