Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
PFF Final 2021 Offensive Line Rankings (Regular Season)
Hint - We're not the worst in the league. It does seem to indicate that our backups are bad.

It also shows that there is a lack of quality lineman in the nfl.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2021-offensive-line-rankings

Look at Zeitlers grade. Would have been great to add NFL. That's exactly what we need to add.
Reply/Quote
For those that don’t want to click the link:

20. CINCINNATI BENGALS (UP 2)

LT Jonah Williams | 77.9
LG Quinton Spain | 72.3
C Trey Hopkins | 51.4
RG Hakeem Adeniji | 48.4
RT Riley Reiff | 67.3

The Bengals' offensive line is vastly improved from a season ago, but the last few weeks of the regular season showed how fragile that is — and how quickly it can become a problem if injuries arise. Jonah Williams has been impressive at left tackle, earning a 77.9 PFF grade, even if he has a tendency to lose badly when he does lose (he has allowed eight sacks).

Quinton Spain has played some of his best football, and there were other positive contributors, but not one member of the line played all 17 games, and the play of the backups has been problematic in some cases. Of the 11 players the team has used for 50 or more snaps, seven of them carry sub-58.0 PFF grades.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Wonder how Sewell graded out eoy
Reply/Quote
20th? Oof...

If this is the 20th best line in the NFL, QBs are in trouble across the league.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 08:36 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: 20th? Oof...

The loss of Riley Reiff was obviously huge, along with Hopkins and RG. If Reiff had not been injured, it might have partially mitigated the problem at RG. Hopkins improved, I believe, as the season went on. But, basically, if Reiff had not been injured, 3 of the 5 were fine, according to PFF. But the two weaknesses made the entire line unstable.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 08:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hint - We're not the worst in the league. It does seem to indicate that our backups are bad.

It also shows that there is a lack of quality lineman in the nfl.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2021-offensive-line-rankings

Look at Zeitlers grade. Would have been great to add NFL. That's exactly what we need to add.

Who cares if we weren't the worst in the league? Burrow had the most sacks in the league. He was almost sacked on the last play of the Super Bowl when a second or two longer means he could have seen Chase running wide open down the sideline to win the game.

The bottom line is that our line didn't get the job done.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 08:35 PM)CincyDog Wrote: Wonder how Sewell graded out eoy

Facepalm

I’m guessing not as high as the OROY…

(Or a couple of the other rookie offensive linemen for that matter)

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 08:35 PM)CincyDog Wrote: Wonder how Sewell graded out eoy

Sewell graded a 77.4 at RT for the year.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 09:01 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Sewell graded a 77.4 at RT for the year.

77.0 according to his current page

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/penei-sewell/81788

11 penalties is pretty eye popping (2nd most in the league). For the millionth time the Bengals made the right choice at 5.

Reply/Quote
Guess the Bengals somehow were not even the worst in playoffs with Raiders and steelers finishing below them.

Yet it should be noted that all the teams in the top 5 made it into playoffs and 7 of the top ten getting in, with Chargers just barely missing.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 08:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Facepalm

I know they made the right choice.

But I wanted to know how he graded out.

Calm down
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 09:30 PM)CincyDog Wrote: I know they made the right choice.

But I wanted to know how he graded out.

Calm down

[Image: ryan-reynolds-but-why.gif]

Reply/Quote
Did they continue to grade guys through the playoffs for their 2021 grade?

If you click on Spain's name on the Bengals Roster bit, it shows him having a 66.4 grade.
https://www.pff.com/nfl/teams/cincinnati-bengals/7/roster

In fact if you do that, all their scores besides Reiff's are different. So yeah, they must have kept adding to grades with the playoff games....
Williams: 74.9
Spain: 66.4
Hopkins: 51.9
Adeniji: 43.0
Reiff: 67.3 (Prince: 47.2)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 09:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: ryan-reynolds-but-why.gif]

Because I wanted them to draft Sewell.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 08:36 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: 20th? Oof...

Yes. And losing Reiff was big.

Look...20th isn't great. We still need to add talent.

But, the narrative that No one would be a good playcaller with this line. Just isn't accurate.

We'd go entire half of regular season games and not be able to move the ball or score.

Also, there are a limited number of free agent lineman...and lots of teams need upgrades.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 08:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Who cares if we weren't the worst in the league? Burrow had the most sacks in the league. He was almost sacked on the last play of the Super Bowl when a second or two longer means he could have seen Chase running wide open down the sideline to win the game.

The bottom line is that our line didn't get the job done.

No doubt. It still needs upgraded.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 08:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Facepalm

Chase was 100% the right pick.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 09:26 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Guess the Bengals somehow were not even the worst in playoffs with Raiders and steelers finishing below them.

Yet it should be noted that all the teams in the top 5 made it into playoffs and 7 of the top ten getting in, with Chargers just barely missing.

Yes. Still need upgrades here.

But, some of it is playcalling and formation predictability...and the Reiff injury.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 09:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Did they continue to grade guys through the playoffs for their 2021 grade?

If you click on Spain's name on the Bengals Roster bit, it shows him having a 66.4 grade.
https://www.pff.com/nfl/teams/cincinnati-bengals/7/roster

In fact if you do that, all their scores besides Reiff's are different. So yeah, they must have kept adding to grades with the playoff games....
Williams: 74.9
Spain: 66.4
Hopkins: 51.9
Adeniji: 43.0
Reiff: 67.3 (Prince: 47.2)

Look at the drop-off from Reiff to Prince.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 09:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Chase was 100% the right pick.

I’m just so ***** beyond sick of this nonsense. We picked who we picked, and it ended up being a home run. Records shattered, All Pro, OROY, Super Bowl run…

And yet people are still bringing up the Lions tackle on a Bengals message board. Let. It. Go.

Reply/Quote