Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Grades
Anyone have access that can share the Bengals PFF Grades?

Thanks in advance.
Reply/Quote
The top 5 PFF graded defenders are:
1. Clayton Fejdelem 91.7
2. Nick Vigil 85.2
3. Dre Kirkpatrick 84.5
4. Ryan Glasgow 80.6
5. Jessie Bates 79.1

Fej's grade was the third-best safety, fourth-best defensive back, and eighth-best defensive player.
Bates was ranked 9th among all safeties

Andy Dalton was ranked the highest offensive player with 79.9. He ranks sixth highest among quarterbacks.
Cling Boling ranked 3rd highest with a rating of 72.8. He was the only offensive lineman to not allow a pressure.

Now the bad/awful....

Alex Redmond had a rating of 56.5. He allowed five QB pressures.
Bobby Hart had a rating of 37.4. He also allowed five QB pressures.
Hart had the second worst rating of ANY offensive lineman this week.

When rushing to the left and right of Redmond, Bengals running backs totaled eight yards on five carries (1.6 YPC). Rushing everywhere else, Cincy running backs totaled 85 yards on 13 carries (6.54 YPC)
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I heard Mixon somehow graded out in the 50s which makes me give little credence to the scores.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 09:39 PM)Sweetness Wrote: I heard Mixon somehow graded out in the 50s which makes me give little credence to the scores.

Perhaps pass blocking? You are right, Mixon was an absolute beast. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 09:39 PM)Sweetness Wrote: I heard Mixon somehow graded out in the 50s which makes me give little credence to the scores.

I believe refs actually do PFF since their calls are subjective in nature also.  :paul:
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Since when had PFF dictated how teams prepare for games?  I'm sure there's a handful of coaches who think the sun rises and sets on PFF, but they're mere pundits in the grand scheme of things. Hell, each and every one of us could sit and watch every game and hand out grades, but none of it amounts to a hill of beans if the different coaches and teams have other plans we're not privy to and we're not.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
What did they give Price?

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 11:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What did they give Price?

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 11:46 PM)Whatever Wrote: 58.1. 

20th rated center
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
To my relief, I am happy with Price and no news from a center is best news, more so considering he was struggling in the beginning of preseason. Best draft pick since AJ Green.
Reply/Quote
From what I've seen, most are satisfied with Price, especially considering it's his first game. He willl improve.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 12:52 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: To my relief, I am happy with Price and no news from a center is best news, more so considering he was struggling in the beginning of preseason. Best draft pick since AJ Green.

Way too early to make that call. WJ3 was also a great pick.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 12:59 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: From what I've seen, most are satisfied with Price, especially considering it's his first game.  He willl improve.

If that first play doesn't happen, where I guess he got stepped on by Clint and caused him to go down, we are probably raving at what he did at center.  I never saw him get blown up a la Bodine.  He was running WAY upfield and rushing plays (as was Redmond, and his grade/report about yards to his side doesn't seem possible when I only saw a couple runs that weren't around 4 yards at least).  

I think our offense line has one major concern:  Pass blocking out of the RT.  I can't help but wonder if we won't start seeing Fisher out there for a series or two.  He was the extra lineman at Indy, as Ced was inactive. 
Reply/Quote
I don't have their Elite package as thats like $200 a season.

So in relation to Mixon. He had a 62.4 overall grade with :

66.7 run grade
54.3 receiving
7.5 block grade (this seems pretty bad) and according to PFF he was only in for 1 pass block and 0 run block snaps. So im guessing the 1 pass block snap must have been a bad one.

If you go on his run grade alone. and factor in guys who had over 15 runs he was 4th best RB for the week, over 10 runs he was 8th best RB for the week.

Only week i get to see the individual week grade as its week 1, from here on out its a season grade combination.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 10:10 PM)grampahol Wrote: Since when had PFF dictated how teams prepare for games?  I'm sure there's a handful of coaches who think the sun rises and sets on PFF, but they're mere pundits in the grand scheme of things. Hell, each and every one of us could sit and watch every game and hand out grades, but none of it amounts to a hill of beans if the different coaches and teams have other plans we're not privy to and we're not.. 

I understand this point to a degree. But a few things to consider.

(a) PFF have former players / coaches & scouts working for them, So its no just armchair fans and scouts making stuff up. 
(b) PFF Supply and work with all 32 NFL teams in some form or another. So the teams obviously deem the work valuable to a point to be paying them for the services. And don't forget each team runs its own Analytics team or sub contract alongside PFF also ... its just we dont get to pay for a snippet of their information.

I dont think its the be all and end all, i also agree its subjective to a point. But my argument is that even if you are 100% on the subjective side. At least in a comparison in the PFF world vs other teams its subjective across the board and you can get a rough idea of where players are vs others, even if you do not agree with the overall grade.

The other thing i hear a lot also is that they will side with guys they have hyped in the draft process from their college scouting. Well i would have thought week 1 this year would at least show that not to be true. As they loved Ragnow a lot compared to price coming out of college. And Ragnow got a very very bad grade and was one of the worse rated guards starting this week.
Reply/Quote
One thing for certain - the Hart PFF score coincided with the performance - and that equals worrisome!
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 06:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If that first play doesn't happen, where I guess he got stepped on by Clint and caused him to go down, we are probably raving at what he did at center.  I never saw him get blown up a la Bodine.  He was running WAY upfield and rushing plays (as was Redmond, and his grade/report about yards to his side doesn't seem possible when I only saw a couple runs that weren't around 4 yards at least).  

I think our offense line has one major concern:  Pass blocking out of the RT.  I can't help but wonder if we won't start seeing Fisher out there for a series or two.  He was the extra lineman at Indy, as Ced was inactive. 

Agree on the pass blocking concern out of the RT position.  Other than that much improved from last year (although limited sample size).

I think Hart is going to be on a short leash.  He must improve or we'll see Fischer.  I think they'll give that position some help with the TE's but that limits other areas.

Inside I think the Bengals know they've got a chance to do something this year.  I don't think they'll play through it with that position.  It's a long season but all games matter.  Not to mention the potential of exposing your QB to constant pressure, hits, etc.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 08:09 AM)Bengalboy Wrote: I understand this point to a degree. But a few things to consider.

(a) PFF have former players / coaches & scouts working for them, So its no just armchair fans and scouts making stuff up.
(b) PFF Supply and work with all 32 NFL teams in some form or another. So the teams obviously deem the work valuable to a point to be paying them for the services. And don't forget each team runs its own Analytics team or sub contract alongside PFF also ... its just we dont get to pay for a snippet of their information.

I dont think its the be all and end all, i also agree its subjective to a point. But my argument is that even if you are 100% on the subjective side. At least in a comparison in the PFF world vs other teams its subjective across the board and you can get a rough idea of where players are vs others, even if you do not agree with the overall grade.

The other thing i hear a lot also is that they will side with guys they have hyped in the draft process from their college scouting. Well i would have thought week 1 this year would at least show that not to be true. As they loved Ragnow a lot compared to price coming out of college. And Ragnow got a very very bad grade and was one of the worse rated guards starting this week.

No they don't.

They have regular schmoes that have a background in analytics, stats, etc., but they do NOT hire former pros.

But the second point, THEY say that all 32 teams use them, but who know for sure? Maybe the NFL forced the franchises to sign a nominal contract with them or something, who knows?

The fact remains that the data they used to supply and their old grading system, was MUCH more objective and clear and they didn't try to rape you in cost either, like they do now.

They'r eonly useful for stats that other sites don't have, such as Stops, oline/dline pressure numbers and that's about it.

Even other sites are doing the, "YPC behind RE," analysis now.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 08:58 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: No they don't.

They have regular schmoes that have a background in analytics, stats, etc., but they do NOT hire former pros.

But the second point, THEY say that all 32 teams use them, but who know for sure? Maybe the NFL forced the franchises to sign a nominal contract with them or something, who knows?

The fact remains that the data they used to supply and their old grading system, was MUCH more objective and clear and they didn't try to rape you in cost either, like they do now.

They'r eonly useful for stats that other sites don't have, such as Stops, oline/dline pressure numbers and that's about it.

Even other sites are doing the, "YPC behind RE," analysis now.

Seems to coincide with Chris Collinsworth buying PFF in '14.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
I think PFF is a useful tool but it's no where near a know all and end all !

Like Racer said if Price hadn't got tripped on that 1st play everybody is probably raving about his game. Flashbacks to Blowdine

The Right side of the O-line is a concern and we knew that before the PFF grades came out.
Reply/Quote