Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Grades - AFCCG
(01-30-2023, 05:58 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: few will acknowledge Apple's good game

Apple has been our 2nd best CB since we lost Chido. Hilton was best, but had a very bad game yesterday. CTB continues growth and could be more than just an average NFL CB next year. He has impressed me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
The good news here is that while we are facing attrition due to bigger cap hits from the stars, the young players are capable to promising. Maybe even really good.

The draft is always a crapshoot, but this staff and Tobin have been doing great with acquiring young talent.

Carman might actually not be a blown high pick. He may even be good. Taylor Britt is as advertised and better. Sample and Ossai came on strong this year, and honestly so did Carter down the stretch. Davis-Gaither and Bailey will soften the blow if Pratt departs. Volson's floor is long-term starting OG and his ceiling is top 5 in the league.

I'm skeptical about Dax, but he'll have less opportunity to make dumb special teams mistakes when he's a full-time stater. I hope.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 08:39 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Apple has been our 2nd best CB since we lost Chido. Hilton was best, but had a very bad game yesterday. CTB continues growth and could be more than just an average NFL CB next year. He has impressed me.

Everyone hates Eli, but he's a hell of a bargain.  At worst he's a serviceable starting cb, and he's dirt cheap.  The team asks a lot of him and he hold up pretty well most of the time.

I hope teams continue to hate him so we can keep re-signing him for peanuts.  He's one heck of an insurance policy.  
Reply/Quote
CTB is an intriguing prospect imo. I don't know how much you can (or can't) plan around him. For one, his combine speed doesn't seem to translate to the field. He gets lost on routes and is left recovering. I don't know how PFF scores that but if he didn't run a 4.38 he'd look a lot worse. His straight-line speed is great, but pro receivers can slip him easily. He's very rigid and his hips are too square. I wonder how he would have done in the SB trying to shadow Brown and/or DeVonta.

At the same time, he's a much more capable tackler than I would have expected. MUCH. Plays far bigger than his size. Engages contact, understands leverage and his weight is well distributed. In the end, he's got a vice grip; even the biggest receivers and backs get stonewalled. Wonderful asset in that regard.

Honestly, I don't know where he fits in. I can't see him as a CB1 especially with Bates gone, but his gifts are tantalizing. Maybe he just needs the reps, Idk.
Reply/Quote
They were able to get Hilton turned around and out of the box, exposed his weaknesses.
CTB did the damn thing. Shut his side down and nearly had a huge pick.
I thought our linebackers played with some hesitancy, we’re t sharp in their movements.
D line played pretty sound,but I think we need a twitchy edge rusher. We need to get there quicker.
Bates was bad. I really hope Dac is ready to fill in.

Offensively, draft at least 3 linemen. Hopefully one becomes an impact blocker and you get at least more depth out of the others.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Not one OL in the top 5 is a bit disappointing. I would personally put Cappa and Karras ahead of the two RB’s, but those early games when they were still trying to gel obviously knocked their grades down a bit.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 05:58 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: few will acknowledge Apple's good game

I actually want him back. He’s capable of starting in the NFL, and even better being a rotational piece. People hate on him because he was a “bust”. If he was selected in the second round, he would be considered an average player and a decent selection.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 05:58 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: few will acknowledge Apple's good game

People hate Apple because he won't keep his mouth shut and talks too much crap and has terrible memory lapses every other game and gives up a huge play. Generally outside of his memory lapse he plays pretty solid though.
Reply/Quote