Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
PFF Grades (AFCCG)
(02-02-2022, 03:19 AM)Nepa Wrote: During Pollack's first tenure in Cincinnati in 2018, he went on record as saying he's not a fan of PFF and that he'll do his own grades, thank you very much.

I like him as OL coach even more now.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 08:52 PM)Joelist Wrote: I have to think something screwy is going on at PFF and they still have not fixed it. They have our pass blocking score 15 points LOWER versus the Chiefs than it was versus the Titans. Riiiggghhhttt......

Well Duh we didnt block any of the Titans...  So they couldnt take points away for bad blocking
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 10:59 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I like him as OL coach even more now.

Im on the fence on Pollack Burrow is still get sacked at record setting pace
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 01:08 AM)BengalB Wrote: I agree. Patty does not like to be hit. He gets rattled and then he poos the bed. They figured that out a few weeks before and applied the same formula in the second half last Sunday.

If this is true and they really figured it out a few weeks ago then Lou should be fired immediately for letting the Chiefs get up 21-3. We needed some lucky breaks to achieve our comeback victory.

Chiefs kick a FG at the end of the first half and we lose.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 12:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If this is true and they really figured it out a few weeks ago then Lou should be fired immediately for letting the Chiefs get up 21-3. We needed some lucky breaks to achieve our comeback victory.

Come on Fred, you know coaching is about adjustments. Reid and EB obviously made adjustments from game 1 because what we did in second half of 1st game did not work in the first half of game 2. But then Lou did the opposite of what I though he would (I thought he would blitz more), he went to 3 man rush and dropped 8 into coverage. We won because of a great halftime adjustment.

It was not long ago fans were very upset and rightly so for how we got out coached in the second half of games. Now, we have a team that is much better in half 2 than 1. Why? Let's give the coaches a lot of props for adjustments and the players a lot of credit for conditioning and the FO for adding depth.

Been a fun and expected ride, bumpy at times, but overall quite unbelievable based on 2019 and 2020.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 11:27 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Im on the fence on Pollack Burrow is still get sacked at record setting pace

Maybe it would even be worse without Pollack? The record pace could be even more magnified... hurts to think about.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 12:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If this is true and they really figured it out a few weeks ago then Lou should be fired immediately for letting the Chiefs get up 21-3. We needed some lucky breaks to achieve our comeback victory.

What were the "lucky" breaks you are talking about?
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 12:54 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Come on Fred, you know coaching is about adjustments. Reid and EB obviously made adjustments from game 1 because what we did in second half of 1st game did not work in the first half of game 2. But then Lou did the opposite of what I though he would (I thought he would blitz more), he went to 3 man rush and dropped 8 into coverage. We won because of a great halftime adjustment.

It was not long ago fans were very upset and rightly so for how we got out coached in the second half of games. Now, we have a team that is much better in half 2 than 1. Why? Let's give the coaches a lot of props for adjustments and the players a lot of credit for conditioning and the FO for adding depth.

Been a fun and expected ride, bumpy at times, but overall quite unbelievable based on 2019 and 2020.

I voted for Lou in the "game ball" thread. He made some great adjustments for the second half.

But it is silly to claim he figured this all out weeks ago and just chose to let the Chiefs offense abuse our defense for the entire first half.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 01:03 PM)sandwedge Wrote: What were the "lucky" breaks you are talking about?

Elite QB like Mahommes making stupid decision before half.

D-lineman getting interception off tipped ball.
Reply/Quote
Look at the whole play; had Hill not tipped it Trey would have gotten it.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 02:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Elite QB like Mahommes making stupid decision before half.

D-lineman getting interception off tipped ball.

hmmm...so our DL makes a great play and it is luck

JJ Watt makes a great play in playoff game at Texans and AD is a moron????????????????????

Which is it? If you argument is Mahommes is élite, well he sure was not on that play now was he?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 09:14 PM)Joelist Wrote: Something is pretty weird over there (total/pass block):

Trey: 59.9 / 75.3
Spain: 56.1 / 50.5
Prince: 56.0 / 51.4

Carman: 38.8 / 0.1
Adeniji: 29.6 / 1.8

Sorry but those grades are total horsecrap. The line gave up ONE sack and hits and pressures were not crazy either. Carman and Adeniji overall did their jobs but these kooky ratings make it look like they gave up sacks every snap. Consider PFF rated this line as a unit on pass blocking 15 point higher in the Titans game (9 sacks),  where Adeniji gave up 5 sacks but got a 21.2 pass block rating. 

I've always taken pff with a grain of salt and trust my own eyes first always.

They're huge now so I guess they can afford the man power to at least get eyeballs on, as they say "every play every player every game"...but do they really??

Cuz if you think about it logistically....how can they do what they claim AND get their ratings out so fast?

Plus unless you're on the coaching staff there's bound to be numerous times that players do things that to a civilian looks like they screwed up but really it was the missed assignment of a teammate that left them hanging.

Pff can be a nice reference to have in your analytical tool box but it is not the be all end all....not even close.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 12:51 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: Also had some great moments. The 41 yard Perine TD…thanks to an incredible seal block by Carman.

Also Jessie Bates had an absolutely perfect pass break up on the INT in OT. There is a slow motion shot of his hand going through Tyreek’s hands and causing the deflection. Just a thing of beauty I keep replaying.

Carman is just inconsistent but at least he isn't consistently bad like Adeniji seems to be.

Jessie's play in OT could be the biggest play in Bengals history for all we know, great play.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 06:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Carman is just inconsistent but at least he isn't consistently bad like Adeniji seems to be.

Jessie's play in OT could be the biggest play in Bengals history for all we know, great play.

Well if he fails as an OG maybe we can see Carman as a FB.....  lol (would hate to be that LBer)
Reply/Quote
It's unfortunate that PFF seems to be the least useful where their grades would be the most interesting -- on the offensive line. Their grades up front might as well be randomized some weeks. The ways that they assign responsibility for pressures are... untrustworthy. I give them credit for making the effort, but I don't take the grading seriously at all.

That's not to say PFF sucks, the end. I think they do a better job for defense, skill positions, and quarterbacks.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 06:25 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well if he fails as an OG maybe we can see Carman as a FB.....  lol (would hate to be that LBer)

That would be cool if we used him as a FB on the Goal line in the Superbowl. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 12:51 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: Also had some great moments. The 41 yard Perine TD…thanks to an incredible seal block by Carman.

Also Jessie Bates had an absolutely perfect pass break up on the INT in OT. There is a slow motion shot of his hand going through Tyreek’s hands and causing the deflection. Just a thing of beauty I keep replaying.

That 41 yard Perine TD . . . is the longest post-season TD reception in Bengals history.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 12:54 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Come on Fred, you know coaching is about adjustments. Reid and EB obviously made adjustments from game 1 because what we did in second half of 1st game did not work in the first half of game 2. But then Lou did the opposite of what I though he would (I thought he would blitz more), he went to 3 man rush and dropped 8 into coverage. We won because of a great halftime adjustment.

During the telecast, they said the Bengals were the best 3rd quarter team in the league this year. Best point differential. 

As much as I have criticized ZT and Lou over the past 3 years, that soeaks a lot to their ability as coaches. Best in keague coming out of half. Not Bellichek. Not Reid. Not McVay. 
Reply/Quote
BJ Hill continuing to make a case that he deserves to be re-signed and start next to Reader next year.

Also, love seeing my guy Jonah Williams doing well. Dude is best OL on the team. I was stoked when he fell to Bengals in the 2019 draft.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 07:11 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: That 41 yard Perine TD . . . is the longest post-season TD reception in Bengals history.

Didn't know that FSV, thanks. Cool
Reply/Quote