Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Grades - Week 12
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Before anyone asks; Reader was a 65.7 overall, with 3 pressures and 2 batted passes.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 02:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Before anyone asks; Reader was a 65.7 overall, with 3 pressures and 2 batted passes.

Well, I don't know about that score, but my eyes told me he should have gotten a 100 overall. Joe
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 02:18 PM)Earendil Wrote: Well, I don't know about that score, but my eyes told me he should have gotten a 100 overall. Joe

Yeah, PFF usually loves them some Reader, too. Idk what’s up with that grade. He was dominant yesterday.

Reply/Quote
Can't believe Reader wasn't at least in the 80's??
Reply/Quote
It's almost like BJ Hill had a better game than DJ Reader
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 02:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's almost like BJ Hill had a better game than DJ Reader

You still made a mistake with your game ball selections.

CTB had a better game than Logan Wilson or Sam Hubbard. Tongue

Reply/Quote
CTB!!!
Stay healthy young man
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Guess Reader does not get much credit for batting those passes down, felt like there was more than 2. Or taking on half of the Titans O-line to free things up for others to make the play.

it's cool though it was an entire team win in my book.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 02:39 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Guess Reader does not get much credit for batting those passes down, felt like there was more than 2. Or taking on half of the Titans O-line to free things up for others to make the play.

it's cool though it was an entire team win in my book.

He deflected another one, but it ended up going right to a Titan for a completion.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 02:33 PM)pally Wrote:

It was a good omen that we gave Leon's old number 29 to Cam, cuz he is playing really well in all phases of the game, just like Hall used to.
Reply/Quote

FULL GRADES

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 02:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He deflected another one, but it ended up going right to a Titan for a completion.

recall now, the Titans got lucky on that one 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 02:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Before anyone asks; Reader was a 65.7 overall, with 3 pressures and 2 batted passes.

I would like to see PFF's grading rubric. Do they only count things like pressures and sacks and tackles for loss and batted passes? Do they ignore a nose tackle occupying two offensive lineman so that others can get pressures and sacks and tackles for loss and batted passes?
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 03:27 PM)Nepa Wrote: I would like to see PFF's grading rubric. Do they only count things like pressures and sacks and tackles for loss and batted passes? Do they ignore a nose tackle occupying two offensive lineman so that others can get pressures and sacks and tackles for loss and batted passes?

They usually grade Reader very high. For example; I believe they consistently graded him higher than the more flashy Hendrickson most of last season.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 03:04 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote:
FULL GRADES

Thank you. Wow on Apple and CTB, both in top 5. And Dax Hill was fine as well, according to PFF grades. Jesse Bates and Von Bell? Those are pretty poor PFF grades. And such a low grade for Trey Hendrickson? 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 03:27 PM)Nepa Wrote: I would like to see PFF's grading rubric. Do they only count things like pressures and sacks and tackles for loss and batted passes? Do they ignore a nose tackle occupying two offensive lineman so that others can get pressures and sacks and tackles for loss and batted passes?

This is just an anecdote, so take it with a grain of salt. I know a guy who is familiar with how they grade. He's an offensive coordinator for a school over in Georgia, so he has some level of football background. His personal takeaway was that it was all a joke and shouldn't be taken very seriously. You are given a spreadsheet and work along with another analyst to watch the film and grade players. You are tasked with trying to figure out what their assignment was and whether or not you think they did it well. If you don't know their assignment, you just give them a zero for a neutral grade. If you and the other analyst are more than 0.5 apart from each other, you bring in a senior analyst to make a final decision for you. 

His description was that the analysts are primarily college students and you don't get any training on film analysis beforehand. I'll post some quotes from him so it is available verbatim. 

Quote:[color=var(--darkreader-inline-color)]PFF graders are casual fans (or less, some Math-y types just looking to get into sports analytics and get a resume, some college kids looking for beer money, I guess now some Indians looking for some coin) with a grading rubric. basically its two guys grade it and if they're apart by more than .5 (so you know they scale on -2 to +2 on .5 increments, if someone gives a -1 and other guy gives a +1 for example) a third guy grades it and then if they're still apart they bring in some "manager" type to give a definitive answer. anytime they don't really know what they're doing/if they did it correctly or incorrectly they just give them a 0. they bucket the coverages into just 0/1/2/3/4/6 to be able to grade them.[/color]

Another guy I know actually has seen the rubric, but said he was a little skeptical if they actually follow it because it is intense. He was a college coach at a smaller school in Texas and said it was a lot of information for him even to do, let alone an unskilled analyst. Sounds like the rubric is intense, but the process is much less so, especially since grades are released pretty damn quick. 
Reply/Quote
on offense, I wonder how Kwamie Lassiter, who didn't catch a pass and whom I don't even remember seeing, ends up with a higher PFF score than Cappa, Boyd, Volson, and Karras.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 02:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

(11-28-2022, 02:33 PM)pally Wrote:

Thanks, I thought ADG looked good out there myself the little I saw him and yeah, CTB had his best game so far of 
his career. Love our youth on Defense, Hilton was fantastic on a couple of those TFL. Love this dude. Also thought BJ
Hill was playing good all game same as DJ. I know DJ didn't get as high of a grade as he should of but that will just 
push him even more. Get a sack or 2 on Mahomes would be awesome.
Reply/Quote