Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Grades - Week 16
Carter stepping up his game is a good thing, even if in limited snaps
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 04:44 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Adenijis grade makes no sense to me I paid attention to him pretty intently after Collins went out and I only noticed him getting beat once. Ill have to rewatch I guess but 20 pass block grade feels insane.

Agree. I watched Adeniji when he came in for Collins. He was nowhere near what they have him rated. Somebody wasn’t watching when they rated.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 10:00 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Seems to me PFF is hard on both Higgins and Adeniji.

Higgins - 8 targets-9 Catches-16 average-39 long-1 TD-128 yards

Sure looks like a nice game to me!

I think they grade penalties (didn't have any) and dropped TDs pretty harshly (had one).  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 01:27 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Top 5 on Defense:

Trae Flowers-  90.1  Only 8 total snaps, with 7 of them being in coverage.  Still, an impact guy.

Zach Carter- 85.0  Wow!  Didn't see this coming! He was getting a lot of push, but must be getting better at finding the ball carrier while engaged.  Only played 12 snaps, but nice to see him contributing at DT as a rookie.

Logan Wilson- 84.7  Dude leads the team in tackles, again, and continues to grade out near elite, especially in coverage.  

DJ Reader- 82.7  Maybe the evaluators are starting to understand his impact?

Trey Hendrickson-  78.8  Only 24 snaps, as they were clearly trying to limit him.  Within a tenth of a second of a sure strip sack.  

Top 5 on Offense:

Joe Burrow- 91.6  Clearly, PFF didn't think the INTs were on him

Joe Mixon-  74.9  Had a solid day, especially in blitz pick up and pass blocking in general.  Looked a bit like early season Joe, though, not making guys miss or breaking tackles.  

Trenton Irwin-  74.6  Dude just continues to be a steal.  Mistimed a jump he didn't have to make on the one sure TD pass, but overall great game.  

Tee Higgins- 68.1  Just so reliable and a perfect complement to Chase.  

La'El Collins-  67.9  Only 20 snaps, but had a really good day going before the injury.  Heal well, sir.

Other notables:

Cordell Volson-  60.9 but a 74.8 in pass blocking.  The highest pass blocking grade on the team this week (for linemen).  

Hakeem Adeniji-  42.6 and a 20.4 in 45 pass blocking reps.  Ouch.  

CTB-  65.0, just .2 points higher than Eli Apple.  Coverage grade was 5 points lower than Apple's but run defense and tackling were over 20 points higher than Apple on each measure.  The Pats, like most teams they will face in the playoffs, threw it much more than ran it.  

Jessie Bates 59.8  Coverage grade was a 55.8, the lowest on the team of any that have coverage responsibilities.  We are going to need him to become Playoff Jessie really soon.  

Cam Sample  76.8  Played 53 snaps and had consistent grades on run defense and pass rush.  Well done, Cam.

I like the insight SHRacer, well done. the Adeniji grade is indeed puzzling, thought he played well overall filling in for Collins.

(12-26-2022, 01:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: the fact that they're rolling with Adeniji over Prince at RT at least means he's better there than Prince was

I think Adeniji just wasnt suited to be a guard

For sure. Just don't ever put Adeniji at Guard again, he is an OT all the way.

(12-26-2022, 03:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Against a Bill Belichick defense. Unreal.

It is unreal. Burrow played great in this game. Just need the WR's not named Tee and TI to step up next Monday night.

(12-26-2022, 06:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What about him?

[Image: planes4.jpg]

Hilarious! Good ole Del Griffith and his reading selection... Ninja
Reply/Quote