Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PFF Grades - Week 6
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Cappa had a monster 79.7 in pass blocking.
Jonah had a terrible 27.3, but he is playing injured. Much better run grade at 67.9.
LC scored 60 and 63
Volson 53.9 and 60.8
Karras 56.7 for both pass & run

Our man Mixon had a 0.0 pass block grade, Perine had a 78.9. Mixon did have a 77.2 run grade.

Hayden Hurst had a nice 80.0 run block grade.

On Defense:

Dax made the most of his 3 plays with a 90.7 Defense Grade
ADG hada respectable 74.6
Trey 74.8 pass rush, 70.8 overall
Ossai 72.8 pass rush, 74.5 overall
Tufele 61.9 overall, 72.2 tackle grade. (Wilson tackle grade is 80.1)

Horrible tacklers this game:
Sample 24.9
Carter 25.9 (39.9 overall)
Bell 28.7 (WTF?) (70.2 coverage grade)
Apple 33.1 (32.2 coverage grade)
Chido 44.4 (85.3 coverage grade)
Bates 48.4 (59.3 coverage grade)

Huber graded at 64.21 with a 43.7 avg

One other interesting note, Plays from the Slot:
Boyd 37
Chase 15
Hurst 10
Tee 8
Mixon 1

Reply/Quote
I thought Collins would be a little higher. That’s still not a bad day at all considering who he was going up against though.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 03:35 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Our man Mixon had a 0.0 pass block grade

[Image: mike-frerichs-zero-point-zero.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 07:19 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: mike-frerichs-zero-point-zero.gif]

Only because they can't give a negative score
Reply/Quote
How do you get a 0.0 grade at pass pro ? Does that mean you had opportunities and just didn't even try ?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 08:10 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: How do you get a 0.0 grade at pass pro ? Does that mean you had opportunities and just didn't even try ?

Well one of the sacks Mixon whiffed on his assignment and let the guy run right to Burrow completely untouched. So that was plenty awful.

Without rewatching I’m guessing he also had a hand in some of the pressures allowed.

Reply/Quote
OL is finally starting to gel it seems. At least for this game, hope it continues.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
How many pressures did Jonah give up that game? If he didn't give up any pressures IDK how the hell he gets a 27 PFF rating.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 08:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well one of the sacks Mixon whiffed on his assignment and let the guy run right to Burrow completely untouched. So that was plenty awful.

Without rewatching I’m guessing he also had a hand in some of the pressures allowed.

Giovani Bernard was such a plus as a blocking running  back. Didn't Mixon pick up any pointers from him?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 10:16 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: How many pressures did Jonah give up that game? If he didn't give up any pressures IDK how the hell he gets a 27 PFF rating.

He got charged with 2 sacks.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 10:26 AM)Nepa Wrote: Giovani Bernard was such a plus as a blocking running  back. Didn't Mixon pick up any pointers from him?

Obviously not.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 10:16 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: How many pressures did Jonah give up that game? If he didn't give up any pressures IDK how the hell he gets a 27 PFF rating.

If you wander over to the La'el Collins appreciation thread, there are videos of 4 plays showing Collins doing well.  However, if you re-watch those same 4 plays, but concentrate on Jonah Williams, you'll see him get beat outside, beat inside, getting a decent block on one, and being completely driven back into Joe's face on another.

I admire his courage for playing through pain, but it's obvious that he was less than his normal self on Sunday.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 08:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well one of the sacks Mixon whiffed on his assignment and let the guy run right to Burrow completely untouched. So that was plenty awful.

Even when pass blocking, Mixon still has the tendency to run into his OLmen. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 10:32 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If you wander over to the La'el Collins appreciation thread, there are videos of 4 plays showing Collins doing well.  However, if you re-watch those same 4 plays, but concentrate on Jonah Williams, you'll see him get beat outside, beat inside, getting a decent block on one, and being completely driven back into Joe's face on another.

I admire his courage for playing through pain, but it's obvious that he was less than his normal self on Sunday.

I remember a coach many years ago, forget who? Talking on the difference between being hurt vs. being injured. Something like: many players have to play "hurt" at times. But you have to recognize when you're truly "injured" and that changes things.

Perhaps if he was truly injured he should have rode this one out? Not sure if this applies here but......
Reply/Quote
Hope the O-line keeps trending upward and somehow Jonah gets healthy and figures things out soon to contribute.

Mixon ran great but his pass pro is another face meet palm moment.

Hurst with a 80 run blocking grade is fantastic to see as well.

Looks like there is the Ossai sighting many have been waiting for and right in the face of his premature doubters.

Dax needs a little more playing time.

Got to get better at tackling quickly though.

No Reader and Wilson is very concerning with these rushing teams looming on the schedule. Missing one hurts a lot but both out is brutal.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 10:55 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Hope the O-line keeps trending upward and somehow Jonah gets healthy and figures things out soon to contribute.

Mixon ran great but his pass pro is another face meet palm moment.

Hurst with a 80 run blocking grade is fantastic to see as well.

Looks like there is the Ossai sighting many have been waiting for and right in the face of his premature doubters.

Dax needs a little more playing time.

Got to get better at tackling quickly though.

No Reader and Wilson is very concerning with these rushing teams looming on the schedule. Missing one hurts a lot but both out is brutal.

Reply/Quote
Jonah got charged with t least one of the sacks where Mixon was actually at fault. Just another example of why PFF synthetic ratings are useless especially for linemen - they don’t know what the assignments and play were.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 10:40 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I remember a coach many years ago, forget who? Talking on the difference between being hurt vs. being injured. Something like: many players have to play "hurt" at times. But you have to recognize when you're truly "injured" and that changes things.

Perhaps if he was truly injured he should have rode this one out? Not sure if this applies here but......

“Are you hurt or are you injured? If you’re hurt, you can still play but if you’re injured, you can’t” - Coach Winters The Program
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 10:34 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Even when pass blocking, Mixon still has the tendency to run into his OLmen. Ninja

You saw that too?  Supposed to pick up the blitzer but plowed right into Volson's back, it was his best block all day.

Reply/Quote