Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Grades against Dallas
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
So Phillips was dynamite?
Reply/Quote
I wasn't watching that close but I find it extremely hard to believe that Margus Hunt had one of the worst performances on the team. That guy made quite a few plays that I saw.
Reply/Quote
My highest game grade goes to Andy Dalton's wife. Often she was the only one in the game worth watching. Glad the cameras kept finding her. TV must have had same opinion.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
PFF grades are utter nonsense.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 03:57 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I wasn't watching that close but I find it extremely hard to believe that Margus Hunt had one of the worst performances on the team.  That guy made quite a few plays that I saw.

A 64 grade is solid.
It just means most players were in the 65-74 range.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 03:58 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: PFF grades are utter nonsense.

PFF watches and scrutinizes performance far more than fans watching live on TV/in-person.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 04:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: PFF watches and scrutinizes performance far more than fans watching live on TV/in-person.

Yep. Fans see 1 or 2 splash plays and rate a guy based on that play. PFF sees EVERY play. Players have good plays and bad plays. Some fans don't get that.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 04:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. Fans see 1 or 2 splash plays and rate a guy based on that play. PFF sees EVERY play. Players have good plays and bad plays. Some fans don't get that.

Yep.
They not only look at every play, but they look at it with the All-22 film and will replay film multiple times.
It's tough to know exactly what the responsibilities for a player were or were not on a given play, so an assessment can be inaccurate, but it's still better than a fan making a judgement from what they see live on TV.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 03:57 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I wasn't watching that close but I find it extremely hard to believe that Margus Hunt had one of the worst performances on the team.  That guy made quite a few plays that I saw.

i can believe it though nothing against hunt but wasnt he just recently brought back onto the team?  i dont think he had been playing this year
Reply/Quote
That Bynes grade seems high. Alexander’s is about right. He looked bad to me.

What was Hart’s?

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 03:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Great day for Phillips....Was surprised at Alexander's score.  I saw him miss a tackle but he is usually very solid in coverage grade.  

I really wish they would sit Sims and give Winston Rose some snaps.  He has a lot of upside and I would like to see how he fared.  
Reply/Quote

I was thinking the same thing and thought Bynes struggled.  Weird. 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 04:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: PFF watches and scrutinizes performance far more than fans watching live on TV/in-person.

Then they plug subjective grades into a flawed formula.

PFF keeps track of a lot of good objective stats, but I have found that their individual player ratings are kind of a joke.
Reply/Quote
I saw Germaine Pratt miss his typical 2 tackles yesterday
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 05:35 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I saw Germaine Pratt miss his typical 2 tackles yesterday

WTF?

How many missed tackles does PFF claim he has?  2 per game would be 24.  ProFootballReference has him with just 5 for the season.
Reply/Quote
Pratt played yesterday? :ninja:

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 05:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then they plug subjective grades into a flawed formula.

PFF keeps track of a lot of good objective stats, but I have found that their individual player ratings are kind of a joke.

No more of a joke than what what fans rate individual players
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote