Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
PFF Grades heading into final week
[Image: 9XTNb0v.png]

[Image: MMCrm6I.png]
Reply/Quote
One thing that sticks out to me about the offense, why are our WRs collectively so awful at run blocking and our RBs collectively so awful at pass blocking?

Isn't that largely just effort/willingness and practice?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Those DL PFF grades are absolutely brutal.

We desperately need more depth at DT.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2024, 05:55 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: One thing that sticks out to me about the offense, why are our WRs collectively so awful at run blocking and our RBs collectively so awful at pass blocking?

Things that stand out to me. They need to upgrade at RT and at least bring in serious competition at LG this offseason...and the d-line depth is shit (outside of Murphy's late season improvement) and had very little production.
Reply/Quote
S is a train wreck outside of battle Dax needs to switch to corner Nick Scott needs to switch to waiver wire. This defense is awful because of poor S play it's an extremely important position in modern NFL
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2024, 05:59 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Those DL PFF grades are absolutely brutal.

BRUTAL 

They need to completely flip that room this off-season. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2024, 05:55 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: One thing that sticks out to me about the offense, why are our WRs collectively so awful at run blocking and our RBs collectively so awful at pass blocking?

Maybe the RBs are telling the Oline. You don't help me, I'm not helping you". 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It will be interesting to see what we will do with Dax next season? Does he stay at safety or does he move to nickel?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Well that could be the case at WR although some people are just better blockers. But at RB it seems a bit more complicated so I would tend to blame coaching a bit more. Mixon for example seems to do decent if he actually recognizes the correct player. Where I feel it seems he struggles is just not realizing the correct player he is responsible for and just not seeing it at all.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2024, 06:59 PM)J24 Wrote: It will be interesting to see what we will do with Dax next season? Does he stay at safety or does he move to nickel?

I would think he would stay at safety especially since Hilton is so good in the slot. We really need to stay away from drafting high round guys to play different positions than they do in college.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2024, 05:27 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: [Image: 9XTNb0v.png]

[Image: MMCrm6I.png]

Thoughts:

In limited snaps Ivey scored well and looked well

Battle is our ROY

Pollard got OBJ coached up

No way Hendrickson should be 22nd

Ja'Marr is pretty good

Tanner Hudson has been a pleasant surprise
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2024, 09:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Thoughts:

In limited snaps Ivey scored well and looked well

Battle is our ROY

Pollard got OBJ coached up

No way Hendrickson should be 22nd

Ja'Marr is pretty good

Tanner Hudson has been a pleasant surprise

Battle has been impressive. Hudson also has been decent, but under utilized. Ja'Marr would have had a better season with a healthy QB. Maybe 500yds better. 

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2024, 09:08 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Battle has been impressive. Hudson also has been decent, but under utilized. Ja'Marr would have had a better season with a healthy QB. Maybe 500yds better. 

I think it's because Hudson is basically a big WR rather than a full TE. If you want him on the field, you either need to take one of our three WRs off the field or you're essentially going 4 WRs which is limiting, and he's simply not a good enough pass catcher compared to Chase, Higgins, or Boyd to take snaps from them. 

It's why I have always been more of a Kittle fan than a Kelce fan. Kelce set the single season TE record with 1,416 yards, the most by a TE of all time in NFL history. If you look at WRs though that's merely a good season. There are already 4 WRs with more than that this season alone and another 2 who will probably surpass it as well. So give me a TE who is a little worse receiver, but a beast in blocking every time.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2024, 10:04 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think it's because Hudson is basically a big WR rather than a full TE. If you want him on the field, you either need to take one of our three WRs off the field or you're essentially going 4 WRs which is limiting, and he's simply not a good enough pass catcher compared to Chase, Higgins, or Boyd to take snaps from them. 

It's why I have always been more of a Kittle fan than a Kelce fan. Kelce set the single season TE record with 1,416 yards, the most by a TE of all time in NFL history. If you look at WRs though that's merely a good season. There are already 4 WRs with more than that this season alone and another 2 who will probably surpass it as well. So give me a TE who is a little worse receiver, but a beast in blocking every time.

We struggle in redzone even with a healthy Burrow a beast of a TE fixes this problem Uzomah was close. It takes a little pressure off of Tee and Chase
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2024, 09:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ja'Marr is pretty good

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952qq7jfaqoqujftd4udul...w.gif&ct=v]

Reply/Quote
LOL Nick Scott.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2024, 05:59 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Those DL PFF grades are absolutely brutal.

They didn’t come close to getting their money’s worth out of the DL this season (outside of Trey). Or the LBers for that matter. There are larger issues with this defense than just merely the safeties.

Reply/Quote
There definitely needs to be some gutting on the defense.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
When you look at this, there now seems like a lot of holes on both sides of the ball. I wouldn't even know where to begin.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2024, 02:30 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: When you look at this, there now seems like a lot of holes on both sides of the ball. I wouldn't even know where to begin.

I’d start by tagging and trading Tee. Then prioritize DT, RT, & WR.

Reply/Quote