Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Grades vs Pittsburgh
(12-01-2023, 03:34 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Volson really didn't start "Coming on" until the Tampa (Game 12) last year.  From then on, Volson was one of our best OL.  I think he for one needs to be out there the entire pre-season getting reps so we're not having to wait until the second half of the season for him to start "Coming on."

Volson was by far the worst pass blocking lineman in the NFL the first 4 weeks of this season.  He was one of the lowest graded pass blockers in the league vs the Ravens the previous week.  He has not been remotely close to our best blocker. 

He has gotten better overall, but not the best blocker.  If he was we would be in way more serious trouble than we already are...

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2023, 03:41 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Volson was by far the worst pass blocking lineman in the NFL the first 4 weeks of this season.  He was one of the lowest graded pass blockers in the league vs the Ravens the previous week.  He has not been remotely close to our best blocker. 

He has gotten better overall, but not the best blocker.  If he was we would be in way more serious trouble than we already are...

He's consistently been ranked in the Top 5 of our starting olinemen. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2023, 03:41 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Volson was by far the worst pass blocking lineman in the NFL the first 4 weeks of this season.  He was one of the lowest graded pass blockers in the league vs the Ravens the previous week.  He has not been remotely close to our best blocker. 

I realize that for this year; however, I'm talking about last year, and the game before Tampa was against Cleveland.  IMO, the 2022 Tampa game is when Volson started playing like he belonged in the NFL.

So I think it took him 14 games to get rolling.  That's why I think he needs to get all the preseason reps he can get, so we won't have to wait until the second half of the season for him to get his act together.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2023, 03:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He's consistently been ranked in the Top 5 of our starting olinemen. 

Hilarious

(12-01-2023, 03:48 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: I realize that for this year; however, I'm talking about last year, and the game before Tampa was against Cleveland.  IMO, the 2022 Tampa game is when Volson started playing like he belonged in the NFL.

So I think it took him 14 games to get rolling.  That's why I think he needs to get all the preseason reps he can get, so we won't have to wait until the second half of the season for him to get his act together.

Volson looks great at times and then terrible at times, it is weird. We need a new OL coach to work with him, Pollack should of developed
him up more than this with his consistency. LG is still the weakness on the OL, I thought Volson would of been the most improved player 
on Offense this year and I was sorely mistaken. Against the 49ers Volson looked pretty great. Just weird.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 06:18 PM)depthchart Wrote: I expect to see steady improvement from Battle and Murphy over time.

They may sneak up on concerned fans and end up being solid players once they physically mature and gain experience.

Expecting the same. I thought that Battle was much more pro ready than Murphy because he has great instincts and is a good tackler.

Could end up being just as good as Vonn Bell, we will see.

With Murphy it was all about learning how OL play you and how they try to wash you out of plays at the NFL level. Happy he is learning
how to thwart this with swim moves and such. He has all the athleticism in the world to beat OL, this guy could be really good on down 
the road.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2023, 05:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hilarious

Volson looks great at times and then terrible at times, it is weird. We need a new OL coach to work with him, Pollack should of developed
him up more than this with his consistency. LG is still the weakness on the OL, I thought Volson would of been the most improved player 
on Offense this year and I was sorely mistaken. Against the 49ers Volson looked pretty great. Just weird.

The Sophmore Jinx is a real thing.  On a more serious note, YES Pollack needs to go and the OL needs to be getting reps in preseason.  In comparison to last year, Cappa and Karras haven't looked the best at their positions.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2023, 06:19 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: The Sophmore Jinx is a real thing.  On a more serious note, YES Pollack needs to go and the OL needs to be getting reps in preseason.  In comparison to last year, Cappa and Karras haven't looked the best at their positions.

Guess so on the Sophomore jinx. Some have argued that preseason reps don't matter as practice is where it matters most, but 
our slow starts seem to disprove this notion. We need to start out the season on a winning note for once under Zac Taylor that is 
for damn sure. Cappa, Karras and Orlando Brown have all been good before Pollack and have been noticeably worse under him.

This is not a coincidence and the lack of development of Carman and Volson is apparent. Need to get a new OL coach like Sherrone
Moore from Michigan. 
Reply/Quote