Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Grades vs the Vikings
(12-18-2023, 02:08 PM)pally Wrote: so does Jonah Williams get a new contract as a RT or does he test the market to see what he can get as a left tackle?  His versatility will be attractive to a bunch of teams

There is no way Jonah doesnt test the market and sign for all he can with some other team.  He is as good as gone.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 03:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Possibly.

Right now, Hudson is 26th among TEs in receiving yards.
There are already 14 TEs above 490 yards.
So Hudson is probably safely in the middle-of-the-pack category if he had been playing all year like he has been.

In all reality, a middle-of-the-pack TE is making around $8 mill APY.
I could maybe see in best-case scenario a team offering him around $6-8 mill, but would the Bengals be one of those teams, to your point?
I would expect they wouldn't go that high, but I could see them maybe going something like what Moreau got from the Saints at $4 mill APY.

The Bengals are not going to spend 8 million on a TE.  They didnt keep Uzomah.  They didnt keep Hurst.  They wont keep Hudson if he is looking for anything near 6-8 million. 
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 04:36 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: The Bengals are not going to spend 8 million on a TE.  They didnt keep Uzomah.  They didnt keep Hurst.  They wont keep Hudson if he is looking for anything near 6-8 million. 

I kind of expect a 3rd or 4th round TE to be the starter by mid-season next year. They have shown that backup level TEs can produce in this system. Grab a low level contract for the next four years and watch him grow to earn that 2nd contract.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 05:08 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I kind of expect a 3rd or 4th round TE to be the starter by mid-season next year. They have shown that backup level TEs can produce in this system. Grab a low level contract for the next four years and watch him grow to earn that 2nd contract.

Drafting a TE would give you a TE for 4 years instead of the 1 year deals we have been signing guys to.  It also gives you some stability for 4 years and a low cap number at the TE position.  If Hudson and Sample come cheap, I would re-sign them too.  I appreciate Irv Smith wanting to play for this team and signing with us but it just hasnt worked out so I wouldnt re-sign him even with a cheap contract.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 04:36 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: The Bengals are not going to spend 8 million on a TE.  They didnt keep Uzomah.  They didnt keep Hurst.  They wont keep Hudson if he is looking for anything near 6-8 million. 

I wouldn't think they would either, but if someone really thinks Hudson could be a middle-of-the-pack TE, that's the going rate for them now.

Kittle, Waller, Hockenson, Kelce, Goedert, Andrews, Engram, Njoku, Knox, Jonnu Smith, Kmet, Henry, and Taysom Hill all make $10 mill or higher APY.
Higbee, Logan Thomas, Will Dissly, Uzomah, Hurst, Josh Oliver all making $7 mill-8.5 mill APY.
Conklin, Schultz, Juwan Johnson, Gerald Everett are in the $6-7 mill range.

If you think Hudson can be as good or better than Conklin, Uzomah, Everett, and the like, ya might have to be willing to pay.

Hudson is already 29 years old and hasn't really gotten any kind of even decent contract to-date, so I'd imagine he'd want to capitalize while the iron is hot and this might be his only decent-sized contract.
With that said, he does only have 1 year of proven production and he fits well in this offense, so I think (or hope) he would be willing to stay for $3-5 mill.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 11:16 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nice to see Cordell Volson leading the way on the OL grades and happy to see Carter making the top 5 on defense.  With Reader done for the year, we're going to need for Josh Tupou to have some monster games down the stretch.

No doubt, you want to see the young guys being on the top of these grades. Tupou is going to have to step up along with BJ Hill and Zach Carter.

Man, that was a great jump by Carter on that 4th down stop to help win the game. I was seriously impressed with the fight in this team in this game.

I didn't realize how good of a Defense the Vikings had going before this game. Wild that we won and kept our Playoff chances more than just alive.

Love this team, hope Ja'Marr is able to play soon, Tee and Boyd really stepped up, same with Hudson, love this TE.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 06:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I wouldn't think they would either, but if someone really thinks Hudson could be a middle-of-the-pack TE, that's the going rate for them now.

Kittle, Waller, Hockenson, Kelce, Goedert, Andrews, Engram, Njoku, Knox, Jonnu Smith, Kmet, Henry, and Taysom Hill all make $10 mill or higher APY.
Higbee, Logan Thomas, Will Dissly, Uzomah, Hurst, Josh Oliver all making $7 mill-8.5 mill APY.
Conklin, Schultz, Juwan Johnson, Gerald Everett are in the $6-7 mill range.

If you think Hudson can be as good or better than Conklin, Uzomah, Everett, and the like, ya might have to be willing to pay.

Hudson is already 29 years old and hasn't really gotten any kind of even decent contract to-date, so I'd imagine he'd want to capitalize while the iron is hot and this might be his only decent-sized contract.
With that said, he does only have 1 year of proven production and he fits well in this offense, so I think (or hope) he would be willing to stay for $3-5 mill.

I'm betting Uzomah will be looking for a job next season.  Jets save $5 million on a contract that hasn't come close to paying for itself

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 08:14 PM)pally Wrote: I'm betting Uzomah will be looking for a job next season.  Jets save $5 million on a contract that hasn't come close to paying for itself

Would rather just keep Hudson and Sample honestly and add a Draft pick, nothing against Uzo.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 03:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Possibly.

Right now, Hudson is 26th among TEs in receiving yards.
There are already 14 TEs above 490 yards.
So Hudson is probably safely in the middle-of-the-pack category if he had been playing all year like he has been.

In all reality, a middle-of-the-pack TE is making around $8 mill APY.
I could maybe see in best-case scenario a team offering him around $6-8 mill, but would the Bengals be one of those teams, to your point?
I would expect they wouldn't go that high, but I could see them maybe going something like what Moreau got from the Saints at $4 mill APY.

Woah now lets pump the brakes a little. Tanner Hudson is a big slot receiver with an average depth of target around 5 yards. He is only playing the TE-F lining not attatched and in WR stances only. If Hudson wants to earn middle of the pack TE money he will need to prove he can play H-Back in a 2 point stance in 2WR 2TE 1RB sets or In-Line TE-Y in 3WR 1TE 1RB sets. 

Right now his snap share is very alignment/play dependent 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 12:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Wild. Really like the guy. Hope we can keep Hudson in stripes.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 09:28 AM)Synric Wrote: Woah now lets pump the brakes a little. Tanner Hudson is a big slot receiver with an average depth of target around 5 yards. He is only playing the TE-F lining not attatched and in WR stances only. If Hudson wants to earn middle of the pack TE money he will need to prove he can play H-Back in a 2 point stance in 2WR 2TE 1RB sets or In-Line TE-Y in 3WR 1TE 1RB sets. 

Right now his snap share is very alignment/play dependent 

I agree completely but a lot of teams have 1 H-Back type TE & Slot TE. Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought Hudson proved his worth in preseason. I thought the staff missed on Jake last year and Hudson this year originally. I’m no talent evaluator but that’s what I saw.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Hopefully he’s going fully into Playoff P mode.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 03:07 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I agree completely but a lot of teams have 1 H-Back type TE & Slot TE. Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought Hudson proved his worth in preseason. I thought the staff missed on Jake last year and Hudson this year originally. I’m no talent evaluator but that’s what I saw.

Most move tight ends play both the H-Back and TE-F. Right now the Bengals have a solid rotation going with Wilcox and Hudson both are playing well as the opening posts tweet pointed out. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote