• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Grades-week 15
Let's hear it for the replacements!

Joe Burrow is now PFF's #1 QB for the season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Look at Freddy!!!
Reply/Quote
Jackson Carman getting some PFF love as well. I'm happy the second rounder made the list.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 02:21 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Jackson Carman getting some PFF love as well. I'm happy the second rounder made the list.

He had a rough go early on in run blocking. Specifically his first play they ran a pitch to his side I think it was and he got ran back about 5 yards into the backfield. 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 02:17 PM)pally Wrote: Joe Burrow is now PFF's #1 QB for the season

That’s my Quarterback

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 02:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s my Quarterback

Truth!

[Image: HandmadeFewBrontosaurus-max-1mb.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 02:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s my Quarterback

QB is one of the positions I actually put a bit of stock in PFF’s numbers, so that’s good to see. I think people get bent out of shape by the ints but when you look at turnover worthy plays he’s middle of the pack, it’s just that his convert to actual turnovers at a highly unlucky rate compared to others.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 02:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: QB is one of the positions I actually put a bit of stock in PFF’s numbers, so that’s good to see. I think people get bent out of shape by the ints but when you look at turnover worthy plays he’s middle of the pack, it’s just that his convert to actual turnovers at a highly unlucky rate compared to others.

He’s actually been taking care of the ball way better since the bye.

Reply/Quote
Hard to believe Hendrickson isn’t up there
He passes the eye test and is constantly getting pressure every week.
I think the Bengals opponents would have a much higher grade for him based on the problems he causes.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 02:44 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Hard to believe Hendrickson isn’t up there
He passes the eye test and is constantly getting pressure every week.
I think the Bengals opponents would have a much higher grade for him based on the problems he causes.

I'm wondering if his forced holding penalties are in the grade? 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 02:20 PM)Tony Wrote: Look at Freddy!!!

That was a nice performance from Johnson.  Too bad Jonah couldn't have matched him with an equally outstanding game.  Jonah looked to be struggling.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Really glad to see Fred Johnson get a high score.It’s really time for Fred to put up or shut up.I always thought he had loads of potential.He’s still young.I think only around 24 yrs.old.Hoping the Bengals found their future RT.
Reply/Quote
so did adeniji and carmen rotate at guard? I didn't get to watch the game.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 02:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s actually been taking care of the ball way better since the bye.

but people were telling me Burrow has stunk since the bye...
Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 03:06 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: so did adeniji and carmen rotate at guard?   I didn't get to watch the game.

Adeniji injured his foot in the first half.  He came back for one series and couldn't continue.  Carman took over for the rest of the game

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 03:06 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: so did adeniji and carmen rotate at guard? I didn't get to watch the game.

Adeniji left the game with a ankle injury, and was then ruled probable to return. Carman was playing well though, so I don’t think Adeniji ever got back in there.

Reply/Quote
That's a monster number for Big Freddie. Have any of our lineman hit that number yet this season?
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 03:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That's a monster number for Big Freddie. Have any of our lineman hit that number yet this season?

Spain had an 89.6 against Detroit.

Reply/Quote
If Fred does this again against Baltimore, we gotta start asking if we have found our future RT..
Reply/Quote
This kind of thing eases my concerns about depth slightly, but I really hope the Bengals don’t just view the needs as “filled”. Continue to upgrade.
Reply/Quote