Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Highlights, Bengals vs. Bills
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-cincinnati-bengals-20-buffalo-bills-16

I knew he played better, but wow...that is quite an improvement for Fisher.

If Andre Smith is manning the LT spot better than Ced (who isn't?) then this may be their best combination.

Now, about that Center position....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I sort of wonder how much of Fisher's good day was him simply not being the weakest link, thus neglected? Jerry Hughes was busy stealing someone else's lunch money (4 hurried and 2 hits according to that link). If you're beating someone like a drum, there's no need to go and focus on someone else, you know?

Could be he just played well, but it does make me curious if they just ignored him to focus on other people. Or how much can be attributed to just not being on the field as much, like how Maualuga had that year or two after being the worst rated LB in the league where he "improved" but it was really just due to him going from playing like 90% of the snaps down to 30% of the snaps. Less opportunity to screw up.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Sometimes it just clicks for a Tackle.

Hopefully that's the case for Fisher because replacing 2 Tackles is hard. IF we have 1 that is serviceable it becomes easier to fix the line.

The negative is we still can't run the ball...but Center is a major issue.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 07:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-cincinnati-bengals-20-buffalo-bills-16

If Andre Smith is manning the LT spot better than Ced (who isn't?) then this may be their best combination.

Interesting on Fisher because every time I looked, he was on the bench. How many snaps did he get? He seemed to be around 50%.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 07:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Now, about that Center position....

Watching Elflein last night for Minnesota was depressing. Give up Jordan Evans and Jake Elliott to move ahead of the Vikings and we could have had him. I realize that hindsight is 20/20 but you get the feeling that even if the powers that be knew what we know now they wouldn't have done what was necessary (and nothing away from Jordan Evans -- we have no idea what he'll be yet, it usually takes awhile to catch on as a DE). 

Oh and while I'm dreaming, someone with perfect hindsight could've given up a 2nd and 3rd next year to get back into the second this year and taken Dion Dawkins (he isn't perfect but he can run block and he's pretty good for only being 5 games into his rookie season). Imagine that -- drafting two OLinemen who come in and play right away and are productive. It would be a clear improvement over what we have and of course Dalton would've had time in preseason to synch up with Elflein.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 07:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-cincinnati-bengals-20-buffalo-bills-16

I can't think of a single game where Bodine wasn't knocked on his butt at least once by a defender.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 10:20 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Interesting on Fisher because every time I looked, he was on the bench. How many snaps did he get? He seemed to be around 50%.

According to this:
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/10/9/16447248/nfl-week-5-bengals-snap-count-distribution-bills-injuries

Fisher played 52%
Andre Smith 71%
Cedric Ogbuehi 77%

I'm guessing some of Fishers snaps were as a TE in heavy psckages.

Trey Hopkins was back and got some work in too.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 10:28 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I can't think of a single game where Bodine wasn't knocked on his butt at least once by a defender.

Did anyone see the rookie center from Ohio State get pushed violently back into Bradford last night? Eiflein was manhandled. My point is they all get beat by good DL's at times.Yet many will say how great Eiflein is when in reality he looked good pulling, but sucked on one on one DL blocking.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 10:44 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Did anyone see the rookie center from Ohio State get pushed violently back into Bradford last night? Eifein was manhandled. My point is they all get beat by good DL's at times.

Yep. I did see that last night. And while it's true that they all get beat by good DL at times, 1) Elflein was in his 5th game and 2) Bodine has been having this happen week in and week out through his 4th year.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 10:38 AM)Synric Wrote: According to this:
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/10/9/16447248/nfl-week-5-bengals-snap-count-distribution-bills-injuries

Fisher played 52%
Andre Smith 71%
Cedric Ogbuehi 77%

I'm guessing some of Fishers snaps were as a TE in heavy psckages.

Trey Hopkins was back and got some work in too.

I thought he did not play much. I hope Fisher continues to improve, but if he was playing so well, why did Ced get 77% of the snaps and Fisher only get 52%?

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 10:47 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I thought he did not play much. I hope Fisher continues to improve, but if he was playing so well, why did Ced get 77% of the snaps and Fisher only get 52%?

I think it's just a case of both tackles being so bad that they have to move Andre around to manufacture some run game. Which would pretty much tell the defense which side they plan on running the ball...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Are we still on this Bodine which hunt? The offensive line coach himself said he was a good player.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 10:28 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I can't think of a single game where Bodine wasn't knocked on his butt at least once by a defender.

I was not defending Bodine just pointing our the saviors many think are out there struggle at times also and get the QB killed.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 11:39 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I was not defending Bodine just pointing our the saviors many think are out there struggle at times also and get the QB killed.

True. And Elflein hasn't been a top C so far either. He's in the bottom-third with Bodine but just slightly higher (24th vs 29th).
I think most fans (me included) just want(ed) to see the Bengals at least bring someone in to give hope that they were trying to improve the position. With Elflein we'd at least have hope for the future given he's a rookie, but with Bodine there is no hope of improvement since he's the same in Year 4 as he's been his entire career.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 12:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: True. And Elflein hasn't been a top C so far either. He's in the bottom-third with Bodine but just slightly higher (24th vs 29th).
I think most fans (me included) just want(ed) to see the Bengals at least bring someone in to give hope that they were trying to improve the position. With Elflein we'd at least have hope for the future given he's a rookie, but with Bodine there is no hope of improvement since he's the same in Year 4 as he's been his entire career.

ML has stated over and over again he does not agree with PFF rankings and they don't use them to evaluate performance. So whatever they use, they must disagree with PFF unless we think they Bengals coaching staff wants to lose. I don't buy that narrative. Again, I am not defending Bodine but using PFF as a sole source to evaluate performance and ignoring the coaches who evaluate every play made and understood 100% the player's responsibility is short sided in my opinion. People in this forum hated Peko, called him a POS players so the best defense in the NFL signs him to his biggest contract yet (even though he has aged) so again are the fans the dummies or are John Elway and Tobin the dummies?

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 12:44 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: ML has stated over and over again he does not agree with PFF rankings and they don't use them to evaluate performance. So whatever they use, they must disagree with PFF unless we think they Bengals coaching staff wants to lose. I don't buy that narrative. Again, I am not defending Bodine but using PFF as a sole source to evaluate performance and ignoring the coaches who evaluate every play made and understood 100% the player's responsibility is short sided in my opinion. People in this forum hated Peko, called him a POS players so the best defense in the NFL signs him to his biggest contract yet (even though he has aged) so again are the fans the dummies or are John Elway and Tobin the dummies?

Even if you don't buy into any rankings from anyone and only go off what you see in games yourself, it's impossible to say Bodine is not a below-average center.
Period.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
For those wondering about our running game. We get a better center, we will watch it improve a lot.
Reply/Quote
Fischer may be a "mudder".

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

I haven't had a chance to re-watch...but my gut reaction during and after the game Sunday is that Dalton had plenty of opportunities to stand in a good pocket and make his reads. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 01:19 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: For those wondering about our running game. We get a better center, we will watch it improve a lot.

How is this man not employed?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Mangold

Is he hurt? Too old?(33) Washed up? Wants too much money?

I can't believe he's not on a roster somewhere. I wonder what the problem is? If he's healthy and has anything left in the tank, the Bengals sure could use his services. Does Marvin still think the line will be fine?
Reply/Quote