Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Mock Simulator
With just a month away and I'm still getting these picks from pff.com..  It's giving me the grade of an A.

Michael Mayer- TE Notre Dame
Darnell Wright- OT Tennessee
Jordan Battle- S Alabama
Jakorian Bennett- CB Maryland
Henry To'oTo'o- LB Alabama
Clayton Tune- QB Houston
Camron Mitchell- CB Northwestern

I think one can only wish our daft looks like this.
Reply/Quote
I don't know what PFF's deal is, but Darnell Wright is not the 70th ranked prospect in this class. There's no way he's there at the bottom of the 2nd round. That alone makes their simulator kind of pointless unless you willingly ignore Wright or take him at 28 (and get a bad grade).

Also, they paywall blocked trades and day 3 rounds behind a paid subscription to PFF+ so...they suck now :)
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2023, 06:06 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I don't know what PFF's deal is, but Darnell Wright is not the 70th ranked prospect in this class. There's no way he's there at the bottom of the 2nd round. That alone makes their simulator kind of pointless unless you willingly ignore Wright or take him at 28 (and get a bad grade).

Also, they paywall blocked trades and day 3 rounds behind a paid subscription to PFF+ so...they suck now :)

I agree, that's why I said with only a month away I'm still getting these picks..., and one can only wish we get a 5-star TE and the best ROT in the draft with our first two picks.

I'm kinda scratching my head about why I paid for a subscription if they not going to update the simulator. 
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2023, 05:37 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: With just a month away and I'm still getting these picks from pff.com..  It's giving me the grade of an A.

Michael Mayer- TE Notre Dame
Darnell Wright- OT Tennessee
Jordan Battle- S Alabama
Jakorian Bennett- CB Maryland
Henry To'oTo'o- LB Alabama
Clayton Tune- QB Houston
Camron Mitchell- CB Northwestern

I think one can only wish our daft looks like this.
Darnell Wright will be a top 20 pick mark it down. PFF is smoking some good stuff.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2023, 06:06 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I don't know what PFF's deal is, but Darnell Wright is not the 70th ranked prospect in this class. There's no way he's there at the bottom of the 2nd round. That alone makes their simulator kind of pointless unless you willingly ignore Wright or take him at 28 (and get a bad grade).

The more they overly paywall, the more space they're creating to be replaced by someone.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals got those first two picks I will run naked thru the streets.

Yet doubt either are even there at #28
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2023, 04:23 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The more they overly paywall, the more space they're creating to be replaced by someone.

Yep! Right now (or at least before the paywalled) they're the go to mock draft simulator. People all over Youtube were using them, giving them exposure and creating a somewhat homogenous mock draft environment where if a pick was unrealistic in the PFF mock draft simulator, it would be considered unrealistic in general.

This likely led to many people subscribing because they wanted to read scouting reports before drafting a player or wanted to see how players did vs their hardest opponents to be more informed before "drafting" a player.

I personally have not gone back to PFF's simulator since they paywalled it. I've been using MDD, PFN and a few others trying to find one that feels realistic and fun to use. 

I wonder how many more people they've lost because of this paywalling and if their subscription numbers have gone up to account for that.
Reply/Quote