Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PFF Most Underrated Bengals Player
(05-12-2022, 10:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Reader has been great back to his time with Texans. He just doesn't put up a ton of sacks, so people don't notice him. But, he might be our best defensive player.

Also, Reader plays NT, which is not viewed as a sexy position. Just another way that he flies under the radar.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 01:26 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Also, Reader plays NT, which is not viewed as a sexy position. Just another way that he flies under the radar.

Very true- he just needs to clog up gaps and get push.  The push creates an adverse situation for the opposing QB, he can't step up as easily.  He steps back into the arms of Henderickson!  Henderickson should be buying Reader a watch.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2022, 08:53 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Am I the only one that finds it odd that a company that exists off of ratings has an underrated listing? Who are they critiquing, themselves?

interesting pick up lol
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2022, 10:25 AM)ochocincos Wrote: PFF posted an article this morning who they think is the most underrated player on each team.
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-most-underrated-player-32-nfl-teams-2022#CIN

The Bengals choice is...Logan Wilson!

Way to represent us WYOMINGNITES LOGAN!!! Rock On

Dude has played great ever since he entered the league. I expected him to be solid right off the bat unlike ADG who was raw but
he has actually became a playmaker and a gamechanger with his instincts and skills. 

He is a very good tackler and is good in coverage. Takes good angles as well which is one of the biggest things when judging LB's.

Led the team in interceptions last year for a bit too if I remember correctly, so can be a ballhawk and read the QB's eyes. Also had
the huge interception to cap off our win against the Titans in the Divisional round of the Playoffs.

I think besides Roquan Smith, Logan Wilson might be the best young Linebacker in the NFL. He is a leader already too.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2022, 12:43 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: I've noticed - at least among the more casual fans - that Reader is very underrated.  He's arguably the most important player on the entire defense.  

Yeah, DJ is noticed after the Titans game where he just dominated the Titans OL...

He was also great on the Texans before we paid him the big dough as he is one of the best NT's in the NFL and is paid like it.

As Ocho said, fans of other teams wouldn't even really know about Logan Wilson, hence the most underrated Bengals player...
Reply/Quote
MLBs/ILBs in general have become almost invisible in the NFL. It is hard for any of them to stick out much.

Very few people heard of Wilson in college and he was not a high draft pick.

Bengals had been VERY bad on defense for a few years.

2021 was Logan's first year as a starter and the Bengals had very few national televised games.

Not surprising that he does not get the credit he deserves, but he is in a great situation. He is young and playing for a hot, up-and-coming team. I have a feeling he is going to be under the bright lights in a lot of big game situations over the next few years. That is when players build reputations and make names for themselves.
Reply/Quote
I would have guessed Awuzie. Logan Wilson is a good choice though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 04:45 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I would have guessed Awuzie.  Logan Wilson is a good choice though.

Awuzie is definitely underrated. Should of been named All Pro, that was how good he was last season.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 04:45 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I would have guessed Awuzie. 

Rep.

So underrated that I did not think of him until you mentioned him.  Our pass defense weak last year.  It would have been a trainwreck without Awuzie.  He played great.
Reply/Quote
No matter what the rating system is, Logan Wilson is going to rate high.

Dude is a player.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 04:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Awuzie is definitely underrated. Should of been named All Pro, that was how good he was last season.

PFF definitely loves them some Chido. Pretty sure he was the 3rd highest graded CB in the league the 2nd half of the season last year.

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 05:10 PM)Go Cards Wrote: No matter what the rating system is, Logan Wilson is going to rate high.

Dude is a player.

I'd never heard of him in college, and remember busting Nate's chops about being shocked they had a university out there... But yeah that guy flashed immediately as a rookie. I was sorta irritated that he didn't play more snaps. He had a helluva sophomore season, and was playing injured for part of it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2022, 11:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes. Hendrickson is a great pass rusher, but he had a lot of missed tackles last year. Surprisingly high. Not trying to bash. He's very good.

But Reader is better.

Honestly Hendrickson seems like a one trick pony to me. He does that trick well though, and nobody else on the team is particularly great at it. Hendrickson is vital to the team's success.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 08:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: PFF definitely loves them some Chido. Pretty sure he was the 3rd highest graded CB in the league the 2nd half of the season last year.

One of the few times I completely agree with PFF. Chido was great last season and all Playoffs and in the Superbowl.

We finally got a true #1 Corner in my opinion who is also very humble unlike a lot of Corners...

I think Cam Taylor Britt can also be a true #1, crazy. Shocked
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 10:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: One of the few times I completely agree with PFF. Chido was great last season and all Playoffs and in the Superbowl.

We finally got a true #1 Corner in my opinion who is also very humble unlike a lot of Corners...

I think Cam Taylor Britt can also be a true #1, crazy. Shocked

AJ Brown kind of cooked him in the Tennessee game, but yeah - overall he was great last year. I’m definitely excited about our secondary at this point.

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 08:45 PM)jason Wrote: I'd never heard of him in college, and remember busting Nate's chops about being shocked they had a university out there... But yeah that guy flashed immediately as a rookie. I was sorta irritated that he didn't play more snaps. He had a helluva sophomore season, and was playing injured for part of it.

I remember that Jason lol

(05-13-2022, 09:21 PM)jason Wrote: Honestly Hendrickson seems like a one trick pony to me. He does that trick well though, and nobody else on the team is particularly great at it. Hendrickson is vital to the team's success.

Best trick an End can have is to be a great pass rusher. Good thing we got Hubbard and others that are great run stoppers.

If I was going against a Defense full of Hendrickson's I would just run the ball.

(05-13-2022, 10:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: AJ Brown kind of cooked him in the Tennessee game, but yeah - overall he was great last year. I’m definitely excited about our secondary at this point.

Yeah, AJ Brown burnt Chido true. Brown is damn good though, glad he is no longer in the AFC after the Eagles trading for him.
Reply/Quote