Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Musings on the Bengals
(07-11-2023, 01:01 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: And discussed with someone this morning infinitely familiar with the Bengals and former Power 5 DC ( retired now) about Jordan Battle. He thinks he beats out Scott. When? He didn’t know. Mind you he has no reference or from observing them both to have a legit opinion. Meaning he has no tangible reason. But if he’s right we have our secondary for awhile.

I don’t know how Scott and battle are doing in camp but I’d put money down in Battle starting sometime during the first half of the season if Scott doesn’t seize his chance here. I think Battle is the better player than both but Battle will probably make more costly mistakes while learning.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2023, 12:07 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I don’t know how Scott and battle are doing in camp but I’d put money down in Battle starting sometime during the first half of the season if Scott doesn’t seize his chance here. I think Battle is the better player than both but Battle will probably make more costly mistakes while learning.

No doubt
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(07-12-2023, 12:07 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I don’t know how Scott and battle are doing in camp but I’d put money down in Battle starting sometime during the first half of the season if Scott doesn’t seize his chance here. I think Battle is the better player than both but Battle will probably make more costly mistakes while learning.

If his recovery ability after biting on a juke is half as good as what CTB demonstrated last season, we're going to be in fine shape.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2023, 07:44 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He played LT well enough to earn a SB ring..

Thanks! For some reason I had thought he played RT exclusively in his career.
Reply/Quote

The more I see of Jordan Battle the more I like. His highlights are just great honestly, he isn't as fast as Scott but he has the smarts and has 
the instincts you just cannot teach.

Also like the Nick Scott pickup, he is smart, fast and hits hard but Battle just seems like a natural. Probably the best camp battle besides RT
is the Safety opposite of Daxton Hill.
Reply/Quote