Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF O-line ratings
(08-17-2018, 04:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Anything that helps to judge your players is a good thing to look at even if it is PFF.

Not if you question their ability to judge your players without knowing your schemes, play calls etc, trust me all teams have their own tape an system and exact rules that they use to grade their players. Another way to put it, it is like a excellent house appraiser who appraised your house from only seeing the out side of home not having all the access to the inside, you dont get the full trustworthy appraisal 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 09:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Not if you question their ability to judge your players without knowing your schemes, play calls etc, trust me all teams have their own tape an system and exact rules that they use to grade their players. Another way to put it, it is like a excellent house appraiser who appraised your house from only seeing the out side of home not having all the access to the inside, you dont get the full trustworthy appraisal 

True, but it is not a bad thing to get more information.
Reply/Quote
Well try to put yourself in Pollack's shoes a moment . First, you're out there every day face to face with each of the players during practice and watching the game(s) up close and personal from the sidelines and have access to tape and film of each practice and game along with input from the other coaches and players. Along comes PFF and their biased pundits telling you so and so played much better than such and such against the  other teams #2s and 3s, but not really specifying who they were actually matched up against, the specific play calls and so on  .. How much credence do you actually give to PFF who by the way has no dog in the fight? I'd say the exact same thing Pollack said which in essence was who cares what PFF has to say?  Neither Pollacks job nor the jobs of any of the players depend on anything they have to say anyway. PFF are little more than pundits and nothing more. Any coach worth the buggers he picks out of his own nose  who is going by pundits opinions is going to be unemployed pretty quick I would think . Information is fine and dandy, but the information has to be specific and relative to whatever it's applied to or its worthless and doesn't really qualify as information, but opinion and opinions are like rectums. Everyone has one and everyone's stinks. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 08:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well that sux. I had high hopes

The Pats just lost Isiah Wynn for the season with the same injury.  
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 04:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Anything that helps to judge your players is a good thing to look at even if it is PFF.

I am sure they look at the raw numbers but ignore the "expert" individual rankings.  The people doing the grading for PFF sometimes can't even tell what a players assignment is on a play.  Just look at pass defense.  How many times have you wondered if a CB messed up by letting a receiver get past him or if a safety messed up by not providing the help over the top?  Or sometimes a Dlineman will stunt or veer to a gap and it will look like the O-lineman is just pushing him to the side.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 08:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The Pats just lost Isiah Wynn for the season with the same injury.  

Hate it for the kid, but not the team. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 11:36 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Hate it for the kid, but not the team. 

I know Fred gave stats on 1st round picks and playing time in year one. One more example of a player getting no snaps, this time due to injury.

The Pats OL is in an interesting situation at this point of preseason.

Maybe there is a market for a trade for Ced or Fisher and a team like Pats would over pay to protect their all world QB. They are 1 starting OT injury away from being in crisis mode now.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 12:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I know Fred gave stats on 1st round picks and playing time in year one. One more example of a player getting no snaps, this time due to injury.

The Pats OL is in an interesting situation at this point of preseason.

Maybe there is a market for a trade for Ced or Fisher and a team like Pats would over pay to protect their all world QB. They are 1 starting OT injury away from being in crisis mode now.
How many times have we thought that NE was in a grave situation at a position or two and next thing you know they are marching to a double digit win season and possible SB... Cry
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 11:36 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Hate it for the kid, but not the team. 

Agreed.  

As many issues as the Pats have this offseason, the people they have lost, etc., I could see them not being their usual force in the AFC.  Their division should be better, at least the Jets and Dolphins.

I think the real competition for the AFC title will boil down to three teams (and hopefully, the Bengals can get in that mix):  pitt, Sand Diego, and Houston.  Of all those teams, the Bengals need to find a way to beat pitt twice and try to get home field advantage.  I think the steelers get very motivated for our games and many times our team just seems to handle it like every other game.  
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 03:12 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Agreed.  

As many issues as the Pats have this offseason, the people they have lost, etc., I could see them not being their usual force in the AFC.  Their division should be better, at least the Jets and Dolphins.

I think the real competition for the AFC title will boil down to three teams (and hopefully, the Bengals can get in that mix):  pitt, Sand Diego, and Houston.  Of all those teams, the Bengals need to find a way to beat pitt twice and try to get home field advantage.  I think the steelers get very motivated for our games and many times our team just seems to handle it like every other game.  

Think Jacksonville is in that mix too still...
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 04:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Think Jacksonville is in that mix too still...

Love their defensive talent, but think their success went to their head.  Almost like the 2005 Bengals that never quite clicked after that season.  I think their offense will struggle with Bortles.  
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 12:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Maybe there is a market for a trade for Ced or Fisher 

Here's the likely return we'll get in a trade for either or both of them:

[Image: wpid-img_20120727_0026341.jpg]

[Image: athletic+tape.jpg?format=1000w]

[Image: Wilson-Traditional-Rubber-Kicking-Tee.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 02:31 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: How many times have we thought that NE was in a grave situation at a position or two and next thing you know they are marching to a double digit win season and possible SB... Cry

About the same number of times Bengal fans have said the team is finally starting to do the right things
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote