Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DB Logjam
(08-17-2018, 04:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True on Dre and an absurd comparison comparing Driskel to the greatest QB of all time....

Of course the comparison was absurd.  That is why I used it to show how absurd your logic is.

Dre has been beaten more than Russell because it is hard to get beat when you are sitting on the bench.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2018, 05:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wasn't "DB Logjam" a rapper from the '90's?

Here, I thought it was the guy that's always clogging the toilets at work..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 04:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'll say it as soon as you tell me the best game he has played as a Bengal.  The way you brag about how well he has played as a Bengal surely you can give me a few examples, right?

He played ONE SNAP in 16 and that was just because we had 6 CBs on the field in the final minute of a blowout win.  He intercepted a desperation heave down the field.

Other than that I can't even recall him playing.  I had to look up his snap counts to figure out when he played more than 5 snaps a game.

What's the best game Harris has played as a Bengal?  The only way Harris will see significant time his first 2 years is if they don't resign Dennard.  

Bottom line is, Harris hasn't really impressed anybody in practice.  Russell is not a high priced veteran that will net a significant savings if cut.  The better player should stay.  
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 04:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Of course the comparison was absurd.  That is why I used it to show how absurd your logic is.

Dre has been beaten more than Russell because it is hard to get beat when you are sitting on the bench.

Absurd is acting like Harris has done a better job in the NFL than Russell...

(08-17-2018, 04:27 PM)Whatever Wrote: What's the best game Harris has played as a Bengal?  The only way Harris will see significant time his first 2 years is if they don't resign Dennard.  

Bottom line is, Harris hasn't really impressed anybody in practice.  Russell is not a high priced veteran that will net a significant savings if cut.  The better player should stay.  

Precisely.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 04:27 PM)Whatever Wrote: What's the best game Harris has played as a Bengal?  The only way Harris will see significant time his first 2 years is if they don't resign Dennard.  

Bottom line is, Harris hasn't really impressed anybody in practice. 

(08-17-2018, 04:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Absurd is acting like Harris has done a better job in the NFL than Russell...

You guys need to go back and look at what we are actually discussing.  Someone said they would cut Russell in order to keep SHAW.  Then when some of you started popping boners over how Russell "makes plays every time he is called on" I asked what he has done that was so great.

I never said Harris was better than Russell.  All I have said is that you all are way too in love with a guy like Russell who has done NOTHING in 2 seasons with the Bengals other than intercept a desperation heave in 2016.

Do you realize how bad a third round pick has to look in order to get cut as a rookie?
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 04:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You guys need to go back and look at what we are actually discussing.  Someone said they would cut Russell in order to keep SHAW.  Then when some of you started popping boners over how Russell "makes plays every time he is called on" I asked what he has done that was so great.

I never said Harris was better than Russell.  All I have said is that you all are way too in love with a guy like Russell who has done NOTHING in 2 seasons with the Bengals other than intercept a desperation heave in 2016.

Do you realize how bad a third round pick has to look in order to get cut as a rookie?

Don't need to cut Russell or Shaw, Harris seems to have been just a project pick. To the Practice Squad with him.

Done nothing is exactly what Harris has done. That was a nice pick Russell made, wasn't just some lucky play or something.

He has done something, Harris has done nothing.

You are the one popping a boner over a dude that has done nothing more like it.

Also believe that Russell was cut by the Chiefs cause he had an injury.

Wasn't cause of poor play.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2018, 03:04 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I would use the final spot for Wilson. I would also dump S. Williams and Russell for Shaw and the rookie Harris.

(08-14-2018, 01:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Russell has been here two years and got on the field for a total of 47 defensive snaps.  So the question is what has he done to keep his spot another year.

(08-17-2018, 04:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You guys need to go back and look at what we are actually discussing.  Someone said they would cut Russell in order to keep SHAW.  Then when some of you started popping boners over how Russell "makes plays every time he is called on" I asked what he has done that was so great.

That wasn't the original discussion.  The second quoted post is your reply to eliminate, who asked what Harris had done to be kept over Russell.

For the record, I'm not in love with Russell, but he has displayed good ball skills, which is tough to coach.  I see him as a poor man's Corey Sawyer or Deltha O'Neal.  A guy that is going to get burned on occasion, but a guy that will also generate turnovers.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 05:44 PM)Whatever Wrote: That wasn't the original discussion.  The second quoted post is your reply to eliminate, who asked what Harris had done to be kept over Russell.

Exactly.  I was trying to say that I was not pimping Harris.  Instead I was questioning why Russell should be such a lock.
Reply/Quote