Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yeah, I'm going there...
(07-27-2018, 06:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They won 7 games last year (and took GB to OT) with a terrible Oline, and had to start the season with an OC that shouldn’t even be calling plays for high school games. A 1 win improvement seems VERY pessimistic considering all the changes (Glenn, Price, Brown, Austin, Pollack, etc).

Yeah, I agree. This season will be better. Think we can bank on it.

(07-27-2018, 07:46 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Lucy’s ready. Has the laces out and everything. This time Charlie will kick it. This time.

What a Richard statement. Pretty clever though. So, as we discuss the next season with that in mind? I give you this. Lucy never met Charlies defense. Hilarious

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2018, 06:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They won 7 games last year (and took GB to OT) with a terrible Oline, and had to start the season with an OC that shouldn’t even be calling plays for high school games. A 1 win improvement seems VERY pessimistic considering all the changes (Glenn, Price, Brown, Austin, Pollack, etc).

Spot on Nicomo, barring devastating injuries to our O-line and all across the team 8 wins is pessimistic.

Especially after the aggressive nature of the O-line is showing already and John Ross and Joe Mixon are just electric right now.

It is early but looking really good.

(07-27-2018, 07:46 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Lucy’s ready. Has the laces out and everything. This time Charlie will kick it. This time.

Love STC, great poster who needs to post more. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Quote:Let me know if you agree, or if you think I'm bonkers.
First we need your definition of bonkers..  I've long qualified under my own definition. 

I'm not sure this team has the linebackers required for long term success nor the right personnel along the oline, but as usual I'm probably wrong.. This is one time I truly hope to be completely wrong. Even though there hasn't been a lot written about him I have a feeling that Malik Jefferson may just prove to be a real good pick up back during the draft..  Whether that turns out to be true or not is yet to be seen . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

Our O-line will probably still be terrible and Bill Lazor was also an OC who was fired midseason?

The only thing I like about Lazor is his name, Lazor. PEW PEW PEW!
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 10:37 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Our O-line will probably still be terrible and Bill Lazor was also an OC who was fired midseason?

The only thing I like about Lazor is his name, Lazor. PEW PEW PEW!

If you don’t like that Lazor is not Ken Zampese I’m at a loss. Anyone would have been a step up from him.

Reply/Quote
I just finished re-reading this entire thread and it kind of reminds me of a house full of ex smokers and reformed drunks who all found Jesus just last night.  I'm gonna remain an atheist ,a smoker and keep drinking for the forseeable future . I listened to last nights game.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2018, 03:46 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'm predicting that the Bengals finally get their 1st playoff win in almost 3 decades.

Anyone who's ever read any of my posts during 6+ years in this community knows that I don't have a lot of confidence in Marvin Lewis or his coaching staffs when it comes to high pressure games and situations. However, I honestly feel like that is going to change this year. 

I think Lazor is going to truly put his stamp on this offense, and really scheme to player's strengths and individual skill sets.

I think the addition of Pollack is going to pay huge dividends because his style challenges lineman to be aggressive and extremely physical, and I think they are going to feed off that energy and as the year progresses...will be flat out kicking some ass.

Alex Van Pelt is another new addition to the staff that is going to be getting major kudos at year's end. Having worked closely with McCarthy / Rodgers, as well as a few years with Tom Clements...I think he brings a lot of knowledge to the table, and Andy will benefit in a big way.

I like the hiring of Austin as DC as well, and think he could reach a completely different level in his coaching career here in Cincy, much like Zimmer achieved after his solid run in Dallas and rocky year in Atlanta.

I think these coaches all help Marvin to elevate his own game. Marvin has been here for a long damn time, and I think if he's was brutally honest, he would admit that even he needs a renewed fire lit under his ass. 

As for the players, I feel like Andy and AJ are both going to have HUGE years on offense. I also think that young guys like Kroft, Mixon and Ross are going to have a very big impact as the year goes on.

On defense, I like that fact that the Bengals seem to once again be developing a potentially havoc-wrecking d-line rotation with the additions over the past couple of years. If both Atkins and Dunlap can maintain their high level of play, this group is going to be very interesting to watch. 

I also feel like the secondary is going to have a big year under Austin's scheme. I think WJIII cements himself as a top 5 corner in the NFL, and Jessie Bates will have an important impact during the second half of the season. 

All in all, I just feel like there's something special brewing this season. There's a good mixture of established players, and some potentially very exciting young players, as well as new voices / perspectives on the staff. Of course, there are a few if's and question marks involved, but what team doesn't have those right now? 

I just really believe that if this team can stay relatively healthy...that this will finally be the year that we finally see a playoff win. I could wind up looking like a complete fool for making this prediction, but it's a prediction I haven't made since 2005 and I'm feeling really confident that it's going to happen.

Let me know if you agree, or if you think I'm bonkers.  Smirk

I agree the defense is going to be a force to wreckon with this year but the offense -from what i witnessed last night - is still at least a year away from being back to top form. Sadly aj green isn't getting any younger either. 

Ced needs to go. That guy is horrible.  If he is on the field we have no shot a winning a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 11:39 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: I agree the defense is going to be a force to wreckon with this year but the offense -from what i witnessed last night - is still at least a year away from being back to top form. Sadly aj green isn't getting any younger either. 

Ced needs to go. That guy is horrible.  If he is on the field we have no shot a winning a playoff game.

Agreed it should take some time for the Offense to gel, namely the O-line and the Receivers getting on the same page.

We will see though, still very early and have not seen our starters play a lot yet. This Bills game has me excited.

Get to actually watch it and the starters should play the first half. Should be able to tell something after this game.

But you never know, it is Preseason. Agree Og needs to be replaced, maybe Fisher too.
Reply/Quote
The right side of the OL will be the downfall of the team, every team will exploit it and Dalton needs good protection and a running game to succeed; they fixed half the line but the right side is brutal and we cannot even have 1 injury in the other 3 spots. And lastly, zero faith in Dalton or Marvin in a big game
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote