Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF OL grades
I'd have to go digging for what the PFF grades were from Sunday's game (I posted them somewhere), but here is what they are after two games.

Bobby Hart - 66.6 (60.1 pass, 75.0 run)
Fred Johnson - 54.2 (45.0 pass, 57.4 run)
Trey Hopkins - 61.8 (71.8 pass, 55.4 run)
Michael Jordan - 55.7 (46.2 pass, 59.2 run)
Jonah Williams - 68.3 (65.1 pass, 66.5 run)

Billy Price (28 snaps) - 51.7 (47.9 pass, 52.7 run)

I'd be happy to either post a new thread after each game or I can update this thread after each game.
Or I can maybe just do next one at bye week and then end of the year instead lol.
Up to you all which you'd prefer.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well...at least Jonah is our highest rated.

Reply/Quote
Thank you for posting.

Can the Bengals please just give A.J.'s money to Joe Thuney this offseason?
Reply/Quote
Surprised Michael Jordan is that low. He’s looked ok to my eyes.

Reply/Quote
Bobby wasn't as bad as many on here are saying.
Reply/Quote
As a curious question, does PFF take into account quality of opponent. As an example. QB A has a higher rating than QB B. But QB B played a much higher rated defense.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Surprised Michael Jordan is that low. He’s looked ok to my eyes.

At first, I questioned PFF's rating of Michael Jordan, as it's taken a nosedive compared to Game 1.
And I don't recall him being mentioned much (if) at all last night for mistakes.
But I saw Matt Minich tweet that after re-watching last night's game, he said Jordan missed a lot of blocks.
He also said Bobby Hart looked better than people gave him credit for, which is reflected by PFF too.

I trust these guys are looking at the OL much closer than we are, as we don't always get to notice those things from snap to snap in a live game. Most of the focus last night was on Fred Johnson, so it was easy to not notice the others.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:03 PM)Goalpost Wrote: As a curious question, does PFF take into account quality of opponent.  As an example.  QB A has a higher rating than QB B.  But QB B played a much higher rated defense.

I don't believe so...?
I believe they treat it how well you do your assignment regardless of your opponent.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:02 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Bobby wasn't as bad as many on here are saying.

60.1 in pass pro = backup level

Reply/Quote
Mixon still sucks in pass pro. thats why we are seeing lots of Gio
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 60.1 in pass pro = backup level

Purely from their rating system, yes.
You want 65+ to be considered a decent starter. 70+ is considered good. 80+ is considered elite.

With that said, there are not 64 OTs rated higher than Hart right now.
Hart is rated 50th best OT in pass blocking.
That would still qualify him as a starter.

Obviously, there might be some players who are not playing that could end up being better than that but aren't playing because of players in front of them, but that's hard to definitively say.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:14 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: 45 for both G's you could say the same for Jonah's run blocking Bobby was highest rated run blocker. Do you even watch the game? or do you just project your pre conceived ideas instead of the actual game. you are clueless about game of football.

Nico isn't clueless. He's going based of what PFF considers to be decent, good, elite, poor, etc.
It's PFF's rating system, not Nico's.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:14 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: 45 for both G's you could say the same for Jonah's run blocking Bobby was highest rated run blocker. Do you even watch the game? or do you just project your pre conceived ideas instead of the actual game. you are clueless about game of football.

Guess I gave myself all this rep. Or maybe it’s from the like 10 posts I’ve made outside the football threads here over the years!

I should watch the game, yet you’re the one who’s had to be corrected like 37 times since last night on stuff you missed or got wrong. Priceless.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Nico isn't clueless. He's going based of what PFF considers to be decent, good, elite, poor, etc.
It's PFF's rating system, not Nico's.

Thanks for trying to clarify things Ocho, but buddy is pretty worked up. He’s developed quite a little vendetta this morning, and isn’t being particularly rational. Lol

Reply/Quote

Ew. Don't. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:57 PM)RiverRat13 Wrote: Thank you for posting.

Can the Bengals please just give A.J.'s money to Joe Thuney this offseason?

Bengals should have given AJ's money THIS season to an OL!  Ninja
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Brutal reminds me of the animal house scene where the president is reading off the fraternity’s awful GPA’s. I looked at the 2021 free agents for next year looks like a good guard class with Joe Thuney and Brandon Scherff. Time to pony up and pay a guard. Good tackles are hard to come but I’ll try anybody instead of Hart.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He also said Bobby Hart looked better than people gave him credit for, which is reflected by PFF too.

Bobby Hart was moving early on what seemed like every single snap last night.

I still have no idea how he didn't get a single false start last night.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd have to go digging for what the PFF grades were from Sunday's game (I posted them somewhere), but here is what they are after two games.

Bobby Hart - 66.6 (60.1 pass, 75.0 run)
Fred Johnson - 54.2 (45.0 pass, 57.4 run)
Trey Hopkins - 61.8 (71.8 pass, 55.4 run)
Michael Jordan - 55.7 (46.2 pass, 59.2 run)
Jonah Williams - 68.3 (65.1 pass, 66.5 run)

Billy Price (28 snaps) - 51.7 (47.9 pass, 52.7 run)

I'd be happy to either post a new thread after each game or I can update this thread after each game.
Or I can maybe just do next one at bye week and then end of the year instead lol.
Up to you all which you'd prefer.

Note that all but one (Hopkins, and that is a really odd difference?) have higher run blocking grades than pass blocking.  And they have not run the ball much at all.  
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Surprised Michael Jordan is that low. He’s looked ok to my eyes.

Yeah, I was gonna say the same thing....that, and I'm totally shocked Hart's are that high!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote