Redmond - 71.8
Jordan - 59.3

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Those guards...

[Image: ef837a86c005daeeff3e178b70444fb3.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
They are being pretty generous here to Jonah because I can remember two or three major issues in my head that he messed up. I will have to watch it back again, but I have a hard time seeing him as a near 80 graded pass blocker that game.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 10:14 AM)pally Wrote: Pass Blocking

Hopkins - 79.6
Hart - 79.0
Williams - 76.2
Redmond - 46.5
Jordan - 42.3

Run Blocking

Hopkins - 55.5
Hart - 55.5
Williams - 51.6
Redmond - 71.8
Jordan - 59.3

Where are the negative signs in front of those numbers?
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have the worst OG tandem in the league at the moment
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 10:19 AM)Au165 Wrote: They are being pretty generous here to Jonah because I can remember two or three major issues in my head that he messed up. I will have to watch it back again, but I have a hard time seeing him as a near 80 graded pass blocker that game.

I remember both Hart and Williams making at least one mental error.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 10:58 AM)Synric Wrote: I remember both Hart and Williams making at least one mental error.

I could have sworn Hart got walked back a few times but I probably need to watch it back. For me, the one that stands out for Jonah was the five-man protection on six rushers and him turning out versus turning in and making Joe take the wide rusher versus the unblocked one inside him and Jordan.
Reply/Quote
As much as we want to blame the Oline for yesterday, Burrow looked like a rookie out there. He took a lot of unnecessary sacks.

The biggest problem is the scheme tho. Guys weren’t open when they had free blitzers, we needed some shorter quick routes but apparently they weren’t there...
Reply/Quote
I know there's been some joking around before in here about just drafting in the trenches the entire draft..

But uh... can we?
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 11:01 AM)Au165 Wrote: I could have sworn Hart got walked back a few times but I probably need to watch it back. For me, the one that stands out for Jonah was the five-man protection on six rushers and him turning out versus turning in and making Joe take the wide rusher versus the unblocked one inside him and Jordan.

I remember at least one, because the announcer commented on it.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 11:03 AM)thillan Wrote: I know there's been some joking around before in here about just drafting in the trenches the entire draft..

But uh... can we?

I would love to see at least the first few rounds (and FA) devoted to OL.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 10:39 AM)impactplaya Wrote: The Bengals have the worst OG tandem in the league at the moment

You'll have that when the team owner doesn't believe in paying for good inside linemen. It's why they let Zeitler walk.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 11:02 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: As much as we want to blame the Oline for yesterday, Burrow looked like a rookie out there. He took a lot of unnecessary sacks.

The biggest problem is the scheme tho. Guys weren’t open when they had free blitzers, we needed some shorter quick routes but apparently they weren’t there...

Some of them were on Burrow, many were not. Could part of it be him not getting them into the right protection? I'm sure a couple of the miscommunications were. The holding on to the ball thing is one of those things you just deal with. The kid wants to make plays, and when he buys time like he did a few weeks ago and Taylor yells to throw it away we blast Taylor but when he holds it yesterday and gives up sack fumbles we act like he "Has to get rid of it". The reality is he just has to learn from these on when he can and can't do it. The other issue people need to realize though, it's easy to say "throw it away" but for some reason, many here forget you CAN'T if you are in the pocket and a couple of times yesterday he was stuck climbing the pocket because of quick collapses which limit his ability to actually get rid of it.

The amount of times we had to go to 7 man protections yesterday is really concerning. When you go to a 7 man protection scheme you now have 3 guys out in the pattern which allows for blanket double teams across the board. The "Quick game" sounds great in theory but Baltimore never respected a deep threat so they can just sit and drive on anything underneath meaning it wouldn't really have ended any better. This team's success starts and ends upfront, that is all there is to it. If you block well Burrow and Mixon will give you a chance to win, but if not there is really no shot.
Reply/Quote
Jordan is the second most disappointing player this year, behind Green. Followed closely by Ross.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 11:15 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Jordan is the second most disappointing player this year, behind Green. Followed closely by Ross.

Add Bell to that list for me. Very unimpressed with him so far. And I thought he’d be our 2nd best pickup after Reader.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 11:05 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I would love to see at least the first few rounds (and FA) devoted to OL.

Defensive line as well.  All trench draft.  
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 10:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Those guards...

[Image: ef837a86c005daeeff3e178b70444fb3.gif]

This is pretty much what I expected to see when I clicked on this thread, ugh....and Price is worse.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 11:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Defensive line as well.  All trench draft.  

DL needs to be addressed too with Dunlap and Geno aging out, but it’s not as immediate a need as OL. We have to protect the franchise QB first and foremost.

Being able to run the ball more than once or twice a season would also be nice.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 11:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Add Bell to that list for me. Very unimpressed with him so far. And I thought he’d be our 2nd best pickup after Reader.

Bell hasn't been super impactful, but strong safeties don't really get the glamour that FSs do. I think Bell has had some good moments and some bad moments. If I recall correctly, Bell was the one who stopped the Jaguars' 2 point conversion with a sound tackle. And I think he had pretty good coverage on a few plays in the end zone yesterday, even if one of them did result in a touchdown (it was just a really well thrown ball, imo).
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 11:24 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Bell hasn't been super impactful, but strong safeties don't really get the glamour that FSs do. I think Bell has had some good moments and some bad moments. If I recall correctly, Bell was the one who stopped the Jaguars' 2 point conversion with a sound tackle. And I think he had pretty good coverage on a few plays in the end zone yesterday, even if one of them did result in a touchdown (it was just a really well thrown ball, imo).

He was definitely struggling against Andrews yesterday. I’d be curious what his overall grade was.

Reply/Quote