Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PFF OL grades
(10-12-2020, 12:56 PM)Synric Wrote: The Ravens brought 6 players in and the Bengals were in an empty set with an attached TE. In that situation you set the protection inside out which will leave your TE on an island vs a defensive end. 

It's a common situation and a tough assignment for any TE, but Sample has to be able to at least make an initial block giving the QB enough time to make a quick pass because there will most likely be one open.

Sample got embarassed on.that play. But hey never fear 
He graded so.good at the combine in the agility drills and doing the jump rope and the teeter totter.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 01:22 PM)Au165 Wrote: I’d have to watch again, but general thinking on 5 on 6 schemes is you turn the widest guy loose to allow the QB furthest distance a defender has to run to hit him.

That's what I mean. It looked like Jordan blocked the guy Williams was supposed to block, so Williams tried to pivot and block the outside guy once he saw Jordan on his guy. Meanwhile, one of the DTs went right up the middle unblocked between Jordan and Hopkins.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 01:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's what I mean. It looked like Jordan blocked the guy Williams was supposed to block, so Williams tried to pivot and block the outside guy once he saw Jordan on his guy. Meanwhile, one of the DTs went right up the middle unblocked between Jordan and Hopkins.

I don't know if it is the same play, the one I am thinking of I feel like Jonah went outside and Jordan went in and the guy came immediately untouched. I need to watch the 22 again, but I know it was ugly.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 11:02 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: As much as we want to blame the Oline for yesterday, Burrow looked like a rookie out there. He took a lot of unnecessary sacks.

The biggest problem is the scheme tho. Guys weren’t open when they had free blitzers, we needed some shorter quick routes but apparently they weren’t there...

Burrow was charged with 3 sacks and 4 pressures

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 02:02 PM)pally Wrote: Burrow was charged with 3 sacks and 4 pressures

How many pressures total?

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 02:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How many pressures total?

I saw PFF say he was pressured on more than 50% of dropbacks which would put that number around 18 pressures.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 02:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: I saw PFF say he was pressured on more than 50% of dropbacks which would put that number around 18 pressures.

Jesus

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 02:02 PM)pally Wrote: Burrow was charged with 3 sacks and 4 pressures

He isn’t the problem, far from it, but he did look like a rookie out there. Throwing it up to the middle of the field was a bit of a “oh shit balls” type of reaction out there that he hadn’t shown before in previous games.

Ravens came in with a hell of a game plan and rattled him, no doubt about that. The scary part is the coaches lack of creativity in finding some way, any way, to get the ball out quicker to someone.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 03:30 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: He isn’t the problem, far from it, but he did look like a rookie out there. Throwing it up to the middle of the field was a bit of a “oh shit balls” type of reaction out there that he hadn’t shown before in previous games.

Ravens came in with a hell of a game plan and rattled him, no doubt about that. The scary part is the coaches lack of creativity in finding some way, any way, to get the ball out quicker to someone.

All 5 DB sacks

1. Jonah gets beat cheating inside forcing Burrow to step up then run.
2. Two backs drop, Hopkins looks for work while Redmond takes the End and Mixon releases rather than picking up the blitzer.
3. Instant pressure off end as it's a big ask to get Sample across formation to pick it up. It's 8 Man protection which means only 2 guys in the pattern and both doubled in the back end. Burrow realizes he has nothing but is in pocket so trys to get out and throw away getting sack/fumbled in the process.
4. 6 man protection with a late blitzer creates issues as Mixon releases out of back field quickly throwing a weak chip to Williams man. Doesn't matter because the two crossers are doubled on backside forcing Burrow to again try and get out of pocket to throw away before being sacked.
5. Late blitzer to blindside, this one is on Burrow knowing he should have thrown hot to Higgins.

We are losing in 6 and 7 man protections against rushes we have numbers against, that is a problem. One common theme, they really struggled blocking when the two linebackers fell out of the gap into coverage. Somewhere a miscommunication was leving dudes unblocked and others doubled which shouldn't be happening when you have even numbers like the 2nd and 5th sack above.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 02:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Jesus

You can call me Ocho  Smirk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 03:49 PM)Au165 Wrote: We are losing in 6 and 7 man protections against rushes we have numbers against, that is a problem.

This. 
Reply/Quote