Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF OL grades after Week 2
PFF has updated their grades from yesterday's games.

Good news:
Trey Hopkins is still the #1 C in the league at 76.3 (73.3 pass, 77.5 run)
John Miller has really boosted his ranking. He's now 70.5 (79.1 pass, 61.5 run)
Bobby Hart is still above 60. He's at 61.6 (62.0 pass, 56.8 run)

Bad news:
Michael Jordan down to 43.4 (52.4 pass, 39.1 run)
Andre Smith down to 53.3 (60.4 pass, 49.0 run)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ouch on Jordan and Smith.

Miller boosting is interesting, as people thought he was terrible.

Bobby Hart is reverting to the mean.
Reply/Quote
John Jerry is 66.6 overall. He came in and played decent at Tackle.
Billy Price 54.5. Played bad at Guard in 15 snaps.
Reply/Quote
Now that we have the best C in the league, let's sell this pile of magic beans named Billy Price to some other organization that's enamored with OSU grads.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
When PS started most thought the LS of our Oline would be good (Williams/Glenn/Boling) and our RS would be garbage (Hart/Miller/Hopkins). Turns out the RS is going decent and the guy we had as backup RG is grading out as the best Center in the league. The LS has been decimated by injury
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 12:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Miller boosting is interesting, as people thought he was terrible.

People?

You were the one who said he would not start for any other team in the league.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 12:42 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Now that we have the best C in the league, let's sell this pile of magic beans named Billy Price to some other organization that's enamored with OSU grads.

How about we find and NFL team who believes this PFF bullshit and gives us something worth "the best center in the league" in trade for Hopkins?
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 12:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: When PS started most thought the LS of our Oline would be good (Williams/Glenn/Boling) and our RS would be garbage (Hart/Miller/Hopkins). Turns out the RS is going decent and the guy we had as backup RG is grading out as the best Center in the league. The LS has been decimated by injury

I wouldn't call Hart hovering around 60 Good. Miller and Hopkins have nice ratings.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 12:37 PM)ochocincos Wrote: PFF has updated their grades from yesterday's games.

Good news:
Trey Hopkins is still the #1 C in the league at 76.3 (73.3 pass, 77.5 run)
John Miller has really boosted his ranking. He's now 70.5 (79.1 pass, 61.5 run)
Bobby Hart is still above 60. He's at 61.6 (62.0 pass, 56.8 run)

Bad news:
Michael Jordan down to 43.4 (52.4 pass, 39.1 run)
Andre Smith down to 53.3 (60.4 pass, 49.0 run)

Anything on how Jerry did when he took over at LT

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 12:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Anything on how Jerry did when he took over at LT

John Jerry is 66.6 overall. He came in and played decent at Tackle.

Reply/Quote
Start Jerry at LT and Price at RG what could it hurt at this point?
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 12:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: John Jerry is 66.6 overall. He came in and played decent at Tackle.

I didn't even notice Price coming in. I assume he came in for Jordan. 

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 12:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: When PS started most thought the LS of our Oline would be good (Williams/Glenn/Boling) and our RS would be garbage (Hart/Miller/Hopkins). Turns out the RS is going decent and the guy we had as backup RG is grading out as the best Center in the league. The LS has been decimated by injury

I would not call hart's performance decent at all
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 01:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I didn't even notice Price coming in. I assume he came in for Jordan. 

Correct. He got trucked for a DT that resulted in a Penalty.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 12:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I wouldn't call Hart hovering around 60 Good. Miller and Hopkins have nice ratings.

(09-16-2019, 01:03 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: I would not call hart's performance decent at all

Well I did say the RS not just RT and IMO the RS is looking pretty good. Miller is grading as a quality starter and Hart is trending just above "replaceable" according the the PFF scoring chart I can find. 

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 01:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well I did say the RS not just RT and IMO the RS is looking pretty good. Miller is grading as a quality starter and Hart is trending just above "replaceable" according the the PFF scoring chart I can find. 

Miller's grade surprised me.

Our LB's and Secondary are all rated HORRIBLY.

Jesse Bates is 29.3 on the year.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 01:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I didn't even notice Price coming in. I assume he came in for Jordan. 

I sure as heck noticed him on the touchdown the Boyd touchdown that got called back.  He got reverse pancaked, absolutely destroyed, just like in his first game as a pro in Indy last year.  It was embarrassing and very reflective of the whooping both lines took yesterday.
Reply/Quote

Well, Price was hard to notice because his body blended well with the artificial turf while on his back. 
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 01:25 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: I sure as heck noticed him on the touchdown the Boyd touchdown that got called back.  He got reverse pancaked, absolutely destroyed, just like in his first game as a pro in Indy last year.  It was embarrassing and very reflective of the whooping both lines took yesterday.

I think we need to realize that he just doesn't have 'it'. Whatever that is, but getting reverse pancaked isn't normal. Whether it's technique or something else.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 12:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: John Jerry is 66.6 overall. He came in and played decent at Tackle.

He was better than Andre, that's for sure. Poor Price, he got ABUSED on the non TD to Boyd.

Kinda surprised at Miller's grade too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote