Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
PFF Ranks Cincy's Defense top 10.
(10-18-2020, 11:42 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is ridiculous.

If PFF told you guys that Rosie O'Donnell was hot you'd be lining up to buy her swimsuit poster.

The fact that they claim we have a top 10 defense is just more proof of what a joke they can be.  We have a good pass defense but it is worthless when teams can just run over us at will.

17th in points
25th in yards
15th in first downs
16th in yards per play
17th in turnovers
16th in 3rd down conversion %

It's funny how you constantly trash something you don't even understand then use raw numbers compared to a breakdown that uses 4 facets of the defense to grade. 

It's even more funny when you look at the numbers you posted and all of them but 1 show that the defense is about average. 

But the kicker is, regardless of what the article says, they have the Bengals overall D graded at 16th, which is pretty much where they are with all the numbers you posted. 

Stats-wise they're 23rd in TYPG, 9th in PYPG, 30th in RYPG and 16th in PPG. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 01:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's funny how you constantly trash something you don't even understand then use raw numbers compared to a breakdown that uses 4 facets of the defense to grade. 

It's even more funny when you look at the numbers you posted and all of them but 1 show that the defense is about average. 

But the kicker is, regardless of what the article says, they have the Bengals overall D graded at 16th, which is pretty much where they are with all the numbers you posted. 

Stats-wise they're 23rd in TYPG, 9th in PYPG, 30th in RYPG and 16th in PPG. 

Would you say he’s just squealing to squeal?

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 01:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Would you say he’s just squealing to squeal?

He seems to really, really, really hate PFF for some reason. Anyone can look at raw numbers and draw a conclusion but it's been pretty well established that raw numbers can lie and don't tell the whole story. 

I don't take what PFF posts as the gospel but i can respect the amount of work they put in what they do and they don't just take one person's opinion on what they see. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 01:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Would you say he’s just squealing to squeal?

But all seriousness aside...i think he's just mad that the Cats smashed his Vols yesterday.  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 01:15 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: But all seriousness aside...i think he's just mad that the Cats smashed his Vols yesterday.  Ninja

Orange doesn't run...... or catch, or throw, or defend.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 06:52 PM)Synric Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2020/10/16/21518843/bengals-defense-top-10-pro-football-focus-rankings-jessie-bates

With all the negative out there right now it's good to see the defense getting a little credit. They have have been hit by injuries and have played up and down but the defense is getting better as the year goes on...We will have to see how they handle life after DJ Reader and at least 4 weeks without Sam Hubbard.

We could have lost 100-3 last week. The Defense was very good considering our offense could not get a first down and left them on the field all day. Then Reader was injured, they still played well.

I want to see how they do today against an average Indy offense, if they play well we have a shot at winning today.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Lol

Always take PFF with a grain of salt. They're a good read on if a player is good or bad, but generally much more useless when it comes to dividing players any more than that.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The defensive line is fredtoasted. Wow. They hit Phillip Rivers once today?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 01:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: But the kicker is, regardless of what the article says, they have the Bengals overall D graded at 16th, which is pretty much where they are with all the numbers you posted. 

I agree with 16th.

Why does the article say 10th?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:31 PM)Synric Wrote: The defensive line is fredtoasted. Wow. They hit Phillip Rivers once today?

What’s the deal with Geno Atkins? I’ve never seen a player completely disappear to end their career like this. I’d love to see the snap count.
Reply/Quote

Instead of obsessing over my why don't you explain why the Bengals defense should be ranked in the top 10. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 06:52 PM)Synric Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2020/10/16/21518843/bengals-defense-top-10-pro-football-focus-rankings-jessie-bates

With all the negative out there right now it's good to see the defense getting a little credit. They have have been hit by injuries and have played up and down but the defense is getting better as the year goes on...We will have to see how they handle life after DJ Reader and at least 4 weeks without Sam Hubbard.

And this is probably the cause why the defense is "resting on their laurels".

"We did good so we don't have to try anymore."
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
It's obvious the defensive line needs as much help as the offensive line.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Did we hear much of the names of anyone in the front this game? Talk about when Dunlap didn't touch the receiver down but other than that, been just warm bodies.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 11:42 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is ridiculous.

If PFF told you guys that Rosie O'Donnell was hot you'd be lining up to buy her swimsuit poster.

The fact that they claim we have a top 10 defense is just more proof of what a joke they can be.  We have a good pass defense but it is worthless when teams can just run over us at will.

17th in points
25th in yards
15th in first downs
16th in yards per play
17th in turnovers
16th in 3rd down conversion %

Except that's not exactly what PFF said, we are talking Pass Defense not overall, overall we are still middle of the pack. 
Btw, there is a bunch of teams out there getting run over this year and not just us. Weren't we like last in just about everything last year? 

And thank you for buying up all of those posters, you saved many of us from being scarred for life.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:39 PM)Synric Wrote: It's obvious the defensive line needs as much help as the offensive line.

Been a bad year for the dline losing Topou, Glasgow, Reader, Hubbard, Atkins getting injured and Dunlap completely unmotivated.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Been a bad year for the dline losing Topou, Glasgow, Reader, Hubbard, Atkins getting injured and Dunlap completely unmotivated.

Didn't Los do this last year as well?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Instead of obsessing over my why don't you explain why the Bengals defense should be ranked in the top 10. 

They shouldn’t. They blow. Our DL is as bad as our OL.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:33 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: What’s the deal with Geno Atkins? I’ve never seen a player completely disappear to end their career like this. I’d love to see the snap count.

Coaches didn't play him that is the problem.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Did Lawson even play today? I didn’t notice him once.

Reply/Quote