Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Simulation
I did a PFN Simulation last week and decided to use the Pro Football Focus simulation tool and it is amazing how different the drafts are between some of these simulators as well as player rankings and so forth. So here is my first edition PFF Simulation Draft.

Round 1 - 31st Selection
[Image: r956349_1296x864_3-2.jpg]

Daxton Hill - DB - Michigan - 6'0" 191

I was torn with this selection because I was confronted with selecting Hill or Zion Johnson. Obviously, I opted for Hill even though I love the toughness that Zion brings to the table. With Hill you have a player that can play any position in the backend of the defense. I believe he will line up at Safety and have a long outstanding career doing so but he has the cover ability and fluidity to absolutely play Corner as well. He is an outstanding talent that brings exceptional range to the safety position. Safety, boundary corner, slot, or nickel you name it and he brings that versatility at an extremely high level.

Round 2 - 63rd Selection
[Image: Strange_Senior_Bowl_CroppedMW.jpg]

Cole Strange - C/G - Chattanooga - 6'5" 307

After passing on Zion I was not going to miss an opportunity to land Strange. While he did not snap the ball at Chattanooga during the regular season he did snap in practice and snapped some at the Senior Bowl where he drew very high praise. He needs to play stronger and continue to build functional strength but while saying that he did put up 31 reps at the combine. Strange could line up at any of the three interior line positions. He has drawn comparison to JC Tretter.

Round 3 - 95th Selection
[Image: 940x0.jpg]

Zyon McCollum - CB - Sam Houston State - 6' 2" 199

A tall rangy CB prospect with outstanding speed. McCollum brings great size and length to the position along with very good ball skills. There are some technique issues that will need to be polished but NFL coaching should take care of that. Is certainly going to see a jump in competition level but he brings all of the traits that are looked for in such a transition. Recorded 13 INTS at the collegiate level and was a team captain.

Round 4 - 136th Selection
[Image: FOfr2h-VUAIz70r.jpg]

Braxton Jones - OT - Southern Utah - 6'5" 310

The more tape you watch on this guy the more you will like him. He is not a finished product but there is so much there for Pollack to work with and continue to develop. Really good length at over 35" arms and he uses that length well. Anchors extremely well and when he does is virtually unmovable. Will need to clean up some running blocking techniques as he can overextend at times but overall an exciting prospect that has the traits to play either OT position.

Round 5 - 174th Selection
[Image: usatsi_16778632_168388034_lowres.jpg]

Lucas Krull - TE - Pitt - 6'6" 253

Krull has flown under the radar even while he was on the Mackey watch list and after having a pretty productive season for Pitt with 451 yards and 6 TDs. Krull began at Florida but was behind Pitts and used mostly for blocking duties which prompted his transfer to Pitt. After not getting a combine invite he showed out at the Pitt Pro Day with 14 reps and running a 4.54 40 and a 35" vertical. Krull while not an outstanding blocker is certainly willing. While some may consider this a tad high for him I believe there is much to like about this kid.

Round 6 - 209th Selection
[Image: september-18-2021-geogia-southern-defens...GMGRXN.jpg]

C.J. Wright - DT - Ga. Southern - 5'11" 285

This kid is very strong and plays with great leverage. As a prospect coming out of high school he was pressing 515 and squatting 685 pounds. Finished last season with 5 sacks and 8 TFL and First Team All Sun Belt Conference. Gets off the ball well and can be disruptive to the pocket. Should create some competition for the interior of the D-line.

Round 7 - 226th Selection
[Image: 26notredame-wisconsin-coan-superJumbo.jpg]

Jack Coan - QB - ND - 6'3" 223

Coan has the arm strength to make all the NFL throws while having good poise and mobility within the pocket. While not being considered mobile he will run if the opportunity presents itself but moves really well within the pocket to find throwing lanes. I think we can improve at backup QB and I feel Coan brings more overall to the position than does Brandon Allen. At the least make Allen earn the #2 job rather than have it handed to him.

Round 7 - 252nd Selection
[Image: ?uuid=19FD4380-4A5B-43A4-9B7E-EAE7C264F2...height=550]

Isaiah Weston - WR - Northern Iowa - 6'3" 214

Big kid with pretty decent speed. Was used primarily in the deep game at Northern Iowa and not much else from the route tree. Will need to learn the finer parts of being and NFL receiver and show the he can contribute at all levels in the passing game but has really good skills that hopefully can be refined with NFL coaching.
Reply/Quote