Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF: State of the Bengals

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2019, 02:21 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Video was mostly all about the offensive line. It was a great discussion and I agreed with most of it. The O line has a good chance to surprise with the new scheme.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2019, 04:43 PM)Synric Wrote: Video was mostly all about the offensive line. It was a great discussion and I agreed with most of it. The O line has a good chance to surprise with the new scheme.

...I have been saying this for months. Offensive line wise, scheme is a huge deal. 
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2019, 04:47 PM)Au165 Wrote: ...I have been saying this for months. Offensive line wise, scheme is a huge deal. 

What's funny is they are gonna be using more Slide, Drop, and Bucket steps in an outside zone which is what people hated about Paul Alexander lol but that's how its ran. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I think a lot depends on Billy Price.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2019, 04:50 PM)Synric Wrote: What's funny is they are gonna be using more Slide, Drop, and Bucket steps in an outside zone which is what people hated about Paul Alexander lol but that's how its ran. 

Thanks for ruining my day.  Sad
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2019, 05:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks for ruining my day.  Sad

It's exactly the same thing the Rams do lol. They get the defense flowing toward the sideline then when the defense is anticipating that they throw in an inside zone.

Reply/Quote
Paul Alexander knows how to coach technique. His problem is that he didn't play well with others and wouldn't or couldn't adjust to what his bosses wanted scheme-wise.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2019, 04:50 PM)Synric Wrote: What's funny is they are gonna be using more Slide, Drop, and Bucket steps in an outside zone which is what people hated about Paul Alexander lol but that's how its ran. 

over PA's scheme worked well for many years... His hands off approach didnt
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2019, 05:31 PM)Synric Wrote: It's exactly the same thing the Rams do lol. They get the defense flowing toward the sideline then when the defense is anticipating that they throw in an inside zone.

New England showed exactly how to stop this types of running game. They manned a defender on each offensive lineman which prevented them from sliding the defense one way or the other. We've just seen the beginning of how the Rams offense is going to be defended from now on.

At some point, the OL is going to have to move defenders man on man to create some running room.

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2019, 10:11 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: over PA's scheme worked well for many years... His hands off approach didnt

Missing on Ced and Fisher was his demise. When they were drafting guys like Steinbach, Zeitler, Whitworth, Anderson, etc we were fine.

There has been very little talent on the line the past 3 years.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2019, 11:43 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Missing on Ced and Fisher was his demise. When they were drafting guys like Steinbach, Zeitler, Whitworth, Anderson, etc we were fine.

There has been very little talent on the line the past 3 years.

...in pass blocking (for the most part). We were doo-doo in the run blocking department for over a decade.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2019, 10:47 AM)BengalChris Wrote: New England showed exactly how to stop this types of running game. They manned a defender on each offensive lineman which prevented them from sliding the defense one way or the other. We've just seen the beginning of how the Rams offense is going to be defended from now on.

At some point, the OL is going to have to move defenders man on man to create some running room.

:andy: :andy: :andy:
Reply/Quote
OHIO
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2019, 10:47 AM)BengalChris Wrote: New England showed exactly how to stop this types of running game. They manned a defender on each offensive lineman which prevented them from sliding the defense one way or the other. We've just seen the beginning of how the Rams offense is going to be defended from now on.

The Rams really missed a healthy Gurley.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2019, 06:29 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The Rams really missed a healthy Gurley.

Rams said he was healthy. Gurley said he was healthy.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/04/super-bowl-todd-gurley-sean-mcvay-touches-opportunities-excuse/

The Pats just shutdown the Rams running game.

https://www.profootballweekly.com/2019/02/04/todd-gurley-quiet-in-first-half-finishes-with-10-carries/aejdf2y/

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2019, 09:52 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Rams said he was healthy. Gurley said he was healthy.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/04/super-bowl-todd-gurley-sean-mcvay-touches-opportunities-excuse/

The Pats just shutdown the Rams running game.

https://www.profootballweekly.com/2019/02/04/todd-gurley-quiet-in-first-half-finishes-with-10-carries/aejdf2y/
Missed the last two games of the regular season and only had 14 carries the last two games of the playoffs. Yeah dude he was healthy if YOU say so. He averages 18 carries a game in the regular season and all of a sudden he only carries for ten in the biggest game of his career. Yeah right. He averaged 3.5 yds /carry. You do understand that if he carried the ball three time he would average a first down every three carries?
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 12:14 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Missed the last two games of the regular season and only had 14 carries the last two games of the playoffs. Yeah dude he was healthy if YOU say so. He averages 18 carries a game in the regular season and all of a sudden he only carries for ten in the biggest game of his career. Yeah right. He averaged 3.5 yds /carry. You do understand that if he carried the ball three time he would average a first down every three carries?

I guess nobody can defend Gurley, according to you. If you had read the articles you would have also found that the Pats shutdown CJ Anderson, who had 4 carries for 10 yards in the first half.

That offense can be beat and we saw it in the Super Bowl.

Reply/Quote
rams were not prepared for the patriots completely switching up their defense compared to what they had ran all year...

So yes if the offense is not prepared it can be shut down
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 03:54 AM)BengalChris Wrote: That offense can be beat and we saw it in the Super Bowl.

You are a great football mind. How many teams have gone undefeated. That was almost fifty years ago. So yeah any offense can be beat especially if their #1 weapon is ailing.
Reply/Quote