Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Team Rankings
PFF has us ranked 8th in the NFL in rankings released yesterday, and 4th in the AFC, behind the Chiefs, Ravens, Jets, and Texans.

However, it does say that, if we can keep Burrow healthy, we'll be the favorites to reach the Super Bowl again, which is understandable considering we made it there and the AFCC game without being able to block for him.

Biggest strength in 2023: Passing Game

Quote:Joe Burrow is expected to be back fully healthy for 2024 after an injury-plagued 2023 season that was cut short in Week 11. Despite rumors to the contrary, Tee Higgins was not traded during the offseason, though his availability for 2024 is up in the air because he’s the only franchise-tagged player left who hasn’t signed, been moved or received a new deal. If Higgins returns to the Bengals, he and Ja’Marr Chase should once again form one of the most dangerous wide receiver duos in the game. While Tyler Boyd left in free agency, the Bengals have plenty of options to replace him, including rookie Jermaine Burton in addition to last year’s draftees Charlie Jones and Andrei Iosivas. Burrow will have no shortage of options to throw to this season.

It doesn't mention Gesicki, who, IMCO, will also have a big year and be an outlet for Burrow with teams doubling Chase and the line finally giving Burrow enough time to let Gesicki get into his routes. I think Gesicki is looking at a breakout year.

Higgins back would be huge, but Burton, Jones, and Iosivas, as mentioned, will also be good. I also like Irwin as a sneaky player to put up some good stats.

I like our passing game now that Burrow will have time to throw and we still have Chase!

Biggest Weakness: Running Game

Quote:The Bengals traded Joe Mixon to the Texans early in the free agency process and that left what was already a thin running back room practically barren. They signed Zack Moss in the offseason; however, he only has one season of sustained production while the other options include Chase Brown, Trayveon Williams and Chris Evans, who all combined to play just 273 snaps last season.

We need a run game to control the clock once Burrow puts points on the board (and obviously just as part of the playbook), but I'm not too concerned because Burrow loves to throw the ball and Moss is a sneaky good signing. I'm also big on Chase Brown. Granted that he has been in a limited role, but I think he has shown that he can be a playmaker and a change-of-pace that the defense has to be aware of.

X-Factor: Zack Moss

Quote:As mentioned above, Moss is expected to be the Bengals' feature back, his first time really holding that role at any point in his four-year career. Moss is coming off his most productive season in Indianapolis last season, though, as he played a career-high 531 snaps and rushed for a career-best 793 yards and five scores without losing a single fumble. Due to how thin the Bengals’ running back room is, expect Moss to carry the bulk of the workload as he looks to build on the progress he made last season

If he's ready to step into the main role, I think Moss could help give us more of a balance that will keep defenses honest, even if we throw the ball a lot more than most teams. Not losing a fumble is also huge because we need ball security.

Let's hope he can build on the success and be a big part of our offense.

Rookie to watch: WR Jermaine Burton

Quote:A first-round talent who fell to the third round over attitude concerns, Burton has the potential to be the steal of the draft if he can make it work in Cincinnati. Due to Tyler Boyd‘s departure, Burton will be competing with the likes of Charlie Jones and Andrei Iosivas to be the Bengals’ third receiver, a job he should be able to win. Burton was an impact player while at Georgia and put up even bigger numbers at Alabama, culminating in a 2023 season that saw him catch 39 passes for 798 yards and eight touchdowns while dropping zero passes.

I didn't mention him above but I love the way this guy runs routes and just finds ways to get open and make plays. I was shocked that we got him in the third but I'm pumped because I think he'll develop into a great compliment to Chase. The no dropped passes is great because he'll develop Burrow's trust.

Over/Under 10.5 win total: Over

Quote:The Bengals won nine games last season despite Jake Browning playing a significant number of snaps due to Joe Burrow’s injury woes. If Burrow can keep a clean bill of health, this Bengals team should once again be one of the favorites to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl despite playing in one of the toughest divisions in football.

The Bengals won nine games last season despite Jake Browning playing a significant number of snaps due to Joe Burrow’s injury woes. If Burrow can keep a clean bill of health, this Bengals team should once again be one of the favorites to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl despite playing in one of the toughest divisions in football.

Like I keep saying, I think we protect Burrow this year and the sky's the limit for him and the team!

WHO-DEY
Reply/Quote
a good way to protect Burrow would be to develop a run game
Reply/Quote
I have a hard time believing that the run game will not improve from being one of the worst in the league last year. Zack Moss
fits this Offense much better than Mixon did. Chase Brown only had 44 carries last year so kind of hard to judge what he can
really do, he certainly shown he is very dangerous on Screens.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2024, 01:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I have a hard time believing that the run game will not improve from being one of the worst in the league last year. Zack Moss
fits this Offense much better than Mixon did. Chase Brown only had 44 carries last year so kind of hard to judge what he can
really do, he certainly shown he is very dangerous on Screens.

He gets any kind of space he is gone!
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2024, 01:56 PM)BFritz21 Wrote:  and 4th in the AFC, behind the Chiefs, Ravens, Jets, and Texans.

[Image: 816NED12fJL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote